• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is up with the lag?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When I first got back a month or two ago, the enhanced client was a revelation. I could move at top speed, there were quite a number that thought I was speed hacking.

Well those days are past. Any time I get into any kind of built up area, or heaven forbid, pvp, my fps drops down to the single digits, and the game becomes a slide show.

Has something changed since a couple of months ago? Are others having this same problem, and if they are, are the devs aware of the problem?

It really is so bad right now that I am seriously considering going back to the classic client. In certain situations the enhanced client is almost unplayable.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you! The stability this i must say is now nearly 100%, but the client runs very unperformend also on my high end machine, other players are lagging around, if other players are mounted and running there is no sound of them.

The graphics also looks ugly, the zoomlevel is changed and not saving, i can write a whole site full of bugs. And all that makes the client very hard to play, it makes no fun to play it, in KR okay there were a few bugs, but there were also good graphics, nice animations, fast movement and nice surround sound.

And now we have nothing, instead of stability, but iam full of hope there will come the fixes in the future, but also from the art side iam a bit unsaticsfied, if i have to pay more resources for the client to play, i also want nice effects and not 2d sparkel effects, which are also not working because they are flickering, there you see it is not possible to convert old **** into a new engine, also why want you do that?

Another thing are the effects of the spells and arrows, lightning for example is also broken, and the arrows too, sometimes they are flying correctly and sometimes they appear very big on the screen.

I also dont understand why the Devs havent adressed the stability and performance in the closed beta, no they dindt want to hear and now they are patching around on the basesystem itself, hmm wrong step in my eyes, but better than nothing.