• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the UBER archery template theses days?

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Are there any? I know the ABC archer used to be the cats patootie ... is that still true?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a Wraith Archer that does well.

Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Chivalry, Resist Spells, Spirit Speak.

I carry a separate pair of jewels and spell book with Necromancy skill points on it so that I can cast wraith form. Aside from that, Necro is unnecessary. Points are better off in Spirit Speak for the extra mana leach.

With 210+ stamina and enough mana leach, you can chain Armor Ignore almost non-stop (or until your target has no more mana left). Combine with Chivalry spells, high tactics and anatomy for extra damage... you're going to be hitting hard and hitting fast.

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Since coming back last month I've been seeing a lot of people talk about wraith archers. Does running around without a mount cause issues? That's one thing I've been concerned about.

Also, what does your template look like since you're swapping jewelry in and out?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since coming back last month I've been seeing a lot of people talk about wraith archers. Does running around without a mount cause issues? That's one thing I've been concerned about.

Also, what does your template look like since you're swapping jewelry in and out?
100 Archer (15 on jewels, 5 on quiver)
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
100 Healing
100 Resist Spells
100 Spirit Speak (20 on jewels)

On EC, you can swap in a separate suit very easily. I have a separate 100% LRC suit that has jewels and a spell book that take me to 65 Necro. I only use this for casting wraith form. I generally stay in wraith form, unless I die or have to run past a bunch of mobs and prefer to be on an ethy mount to get past it faster. I don't find it much of an issue otherwise. Also, sometimes I will rotate in a different jewel that has +15 Chivalry and extra faster casting on it, depending on the encounter.

I have been contemplating reducing Resist Spells and Healing for more Anatomy and Chivalry. Probably wouldn't make a ton of difference if you had slightly different skill allocation.

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
And the spirit speak is to add to the amount of the mana leech?

I'm very interested in trying this out. I'm currently using pretty much a 6x120 very bland template. Which mana is my number one issue.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 Archery
60 Poisoning (for special move mana reduction)
120 Bushido
95 Chivalry
110 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
(with 30 skill points on jewels you can max Tactics and Healing)

With 10 special move mana reduction and 48 HML bow you can chain AI without problems even when your target doesn't have mana.
With Honor and EOO you can get max damage bonus even if your target doesn't has slayer vulnerability.
This template is especially good (compared to other ones) when monster block a lot of your shots (for example, in Blackthorne).
And you can use Yumi for DS. Very often DS does more damage than AI (you can't use Yumi in Wraith form).

120 Archery
80 Bushido
95 Chivalry
110 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resisting Spells
(with 30 skill points on jewels you can max Tactics and Healing)

With 5 special move mana reduction you still can chain AI but only when you got max damage bonus.
With Resisting Spells you fill much better against casters.

120 Archery (30 on 'bow' jewels)
120 Sword (30 on 'axe' jewels)
90 Bushido
95 Chivalry
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
115 Healing

You switch between axe and bow depending on situation. You usually use Double Axe for DS/WW and Composite Bow for AI. Sometimes you use Blade Staff for AI and very rare Yumi for DS.
Although with 90 real skill swordsmanship mastery doesn't work as good as with 120.

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Couple more questions. I just want to make sure I understand all aspects.

First, what do you get from poisoning other than the mana reduction?

Second, what is your SSI setup? Finding the right mix of skills/mods on dropped jewelry can be a real pain. And imbuing your own leaves you short on SSI. I always try not to put it on the weapon so it doesn't lower leeches.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
what do you get from poisoning other than the mana reduction?
It's just for mana reduction.

Finding the right mix of skills/mods on dropped jewelry can be a real pain.
You can find jewels with SSI and then imbue on them skills you need.

I always try not to put it on the weapon so it doesn't lower leeches.
You can get 48% HML 40 SSI Composite bow.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
wow some good ideas.. thanks for the replies... ive played that ABC archer... wraith archer sounds interesting I must say

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have gotten some jewelry with SSI with enough room to add stuff. But it can take forever to get a decent one to drop.

And how do you go about getting the 48 HML with the 40SSI?

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I see now you can enhance to add 10 SSI. I'm used to imbuing but have never enhanced anything but metal and leather.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Reforge for max HML. Apply POF. Imbue all mods (including 30 SSI). Enhance using Forged Metal of Artifacts.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Couple more questions. I just want to make sure I understand all aspects.

First, what do you get from poisoning other than the mana reduction?
Personally, I don't like to add a skill I'm not going to use just for mana reduction. I rarely do it for my templates. I'd suggest finding a way to re-work the template of existing skills, or if mana cost is going to be that much of an issue, make sure you have enough mana regen on your suit.

And the spirit speak is to add to the amount of the mana leech?

I'm very interested in trying this out. I'm currently using pretty much a 6x120 very bland template. Which mana is my number one issue.
Wraith Form - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

The more spirit speak, the more mana you leach back. Check out that link above for the percentages.