• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] What is the Range on Spellweaving?

M

Mr.Fernandes

In my ongoing series of semi-noob questions, what is the range on Spellweaving. is it 40 like magery, or 50? In other words, what minimum number do I need to ahve a 100% chance to cast Attune Weapon.

On an unrelated note: is attune weapon as good as it seems?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 40.

So 40 skill gives you 100% nature's fury, attunement and gift of renewal.

And if by attune weapon, you mean attunement (grants extra hit points against physical attacks), then yes, it's very worth it.

R

RichDC

And if you mean immolating weapon then no, its a pile of crap in terms of effectiveness and mana cost.

M

Mr.Fernandes

I meant attunement. I had heard that it was changed from a targeted debuff to a self buff, but I must have missed the part where the name was changed as well.

All of the information on THIS ite syas that it subtracts 50% melee weapon damage. If it works some other way (you said it adds bonus hit points versus physical) then may I ask where I can find real numbers for its CURRENT effects?

EDIT: Imolating weapon... yeah... no! I'm a mage, dammit, not a fighter!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with spellweaving is that ALL of the information you can find on stratics, uo.com and uoguide is wrong apart from the description of the spells themselves.

But none of the other sources can be updated until official word of their effects are given. That means we need uo.com's spellweaving information to be updated or a five-on-Friday answer that clarifies the effects of spellweaving. Until then, we can only describe the effects as we see it.

As of now, I believe the spell absorbs all of the melee damage (not sure if elemental type matters) up to a value determined by your spellweaving skill and your arcane focus. The time that the spell is in effect is also determined by the same factors.

R

RichDC

I cant tell you the exact numbers but it works by absorbing physical damage (melee, doesnt matter if its fire melee) over a given period.

Basically at 110 with a focus of 5 you can absorb 60 points for 5mins (i cant give reliable info at lower skills i have 110) with a 0 you absorb abour 30 for 1minute.

It works by basically granting you extra HP for the given period or until hit for more.

pretty sure at 20 skill(joat) and 0 focus you absorb around 25 hp and with a 5 about 50

M

Mr.Fernandes

Depressing. I hate a lack of information from a game company. At any rate, is the absorprtion before or after resistances apply? Obviously it amkes rathera big difference.

R

RichDC

Its after, It absorbs the damage you would have taken...so after all checks if you get hit for 10 it will absorb 10, if you are hit for 35 and only have 25 left you will take 10 damage.

The problem is those sites are maintained by the players not the staff.

M

Mr.Fernandes

Oh, I don't blame the fan websites, I blame the game company for not releasing detailed information on exactly what things do.

M

Mr.Fernandes

Another fun spellweaving question that occured to me after I ventured forth to Felucca and had my first re-introduction to old-school PvP:

Will Attunement prevent "direct damage" from special abilities like Death Strike, or Nerve Strike? Becuase THAT would be useful.