• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the deal w/ Amensty

• Thread starter imported_Claudia MacCloud
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

I know if and when it happens .... You get what your acct is entitled ... locks and gifts and such...

But does this go for one sim, and or all of the sims on the one acct? I would hate to have all these sims and only be able to use one, because he and or she has the locks to use......

Ive heard it is only good for one sim????

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know if and when it happens .... You get what your acct is entitled ... locks and gifts and such...

But does this go for one sim, and or all of the sims on the one acct? I would hate to have all these sims and only be able to use one, because he and or she has the locks to use......

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its based on entitlement age of the account, and will apply to all the sims on that account. I don't know if amnesty *items* will be given to every sim (anniversary items) but if anything goes to only one sim, I'd bet that's what it would be, not the locks which are more useful now anyway. Giving them to every sim on the account could actually cause an economy imbalance, since it would mean that they had up to 14 *rares* at that point, whatever the playerbase will tolerate the rare value at, and therefore that sim if they wanted to could sell those items, probably to sims who either are botters or bought their money, therefore flooding the economy with illicit simoleans. One item per account would still do this, but not to the same extent, and its likelier that those objects would be bought with legitimate simoleans, becaue a player would not be selling 14 of them, they'd be selling one. That would also make rares truely *rare* whereas having an account with 14 of them doesn't make them very rare, right?

I

im not to worried about the "rares" i have some trees, fires, statues, and cakes....
I really want the locks.... I have a acct entitled to 1301 days.... Those locks would help .... Very much ....

I would like to be able to teach at some pt... there are many many sims out there that are willing to teach ..... but at 400-500 simoleans .... shooot i cant even furnish my house at this time.... how can i affored to pay for lessons...I know that will come in time and one day i will have house ...... But thats besides the pt.... I want to teach ... because that is what i like to do.... no charging involved..... You know for the newbies and what not ... there are many good sims out there and I just wanna help if i can in some way ... even if it is a small way.....

G

I was in the pub and parizad told us all 8 of our sims will get the items according to time paid on your account not the date that you opened ur account.

G

<blockquote><hr>

im not to worried about the "rares" i have some trees, fires, statues, and cakes....
I really want the locks.... I have a acct entitled to 1301 days.... Those locks would help .... Very much ....

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods* Agreed, totally. That's why hubby was so disappointed when his oldest account turned out to be unable to be registered again....couldn't get the pw and couldnt' get any help from e-mail customer support
so he ended up goign with another account that has less entitlement days, which means he'll have less locks than really he deserves.

I'm hoping that some of the skills that are harder to find speeds for will get easier when amnesty rolls around, since people will be skilling more to fill those locks up. Right now in TC3 hubby and my alt sim have a booger of a time finding body steadily at 118%, and mech is almost never skilled there from what I have seen either. That's one reason I was so disappointed when I saw so many multi-skill lots. I was told it was because of the 35 sim capacity, but still having a single skill would make it SO much easier to keep speed at 118%, would spread the visitors out so that the same houses didn't become so costly by constantly having 35 sims in them, and would allow roomies to help with skill speed when needed, effectively. If only one roomie is in the house, the poor roomie can't boost 3 or more skills (have seen some houses supporting EVERY skill
) if they are just getting visitors for the day, ya know? I dunno, maybe I'm too 'old school' LOL....I can vividly remember a time when it was taboo to be a multi-skill lot, and almost assuredly meant that you'd get little visitors, except when you were the only one open doing a skill, and there were no single skill lots open or it to be skilled at.

I

so how do you know which date to go buy? Is it the entitled days? isnt that the days you paid for the acct?

G

<blockquote><hr>

so how do you know which date to go buy? Is it the entitled days? isnt that the days you paid for the acct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Entitlement days are supposed to be the number of days *paid* on the account, but I know that free account holders are racking up entitlement days since they reopened their account, because hubby is....so now I'm not sure what entitlement days *are* anymore.....seems to have become the number of days the account was open, plus the previous paid time if it was a reopened account rather than a new one.

I

hmmm doesnt make sense.....

for example i have a sim acct that was open idk .. May 2005, I played till the good part of 2006 (dont remember the dates ) and opened it back up in July 2007... With entitlement days saying 400+ dont remember the days exactly .... then i have my bv sims .. They are 900+ days old but entitled for 600+ days

Just because the acct was open May 2005 they arent gonna credit me the locks and such from back then ....... Only for what i paid for right ?

Then there is the sim who is entited for 1301 days ... Whose acct has been open since Jan 2003 ......

So where does that fall? which dates and or time do i go by

G

Each account will be entitled for the oldest one I believe

K

Kevin Sims

I reactivated my account 13 days ago, an account that I had played on and paid for for three years. Yet on my page it says entitled for 13 days, this leaves me worried...leaves me wondering if I'll get the amnesty entitlements. It's the skill locks that I value most of all...guess we'll see when it happens.

Update:
I figured it out... I had reactivated a newer account. So i looked through my papers and found the different account names. I found my oldest account and have reactivated that one. Back to being a multisim (avatar) player...hopefully I got it done in time for amnesty...

I

i sure hope not ... that would suck to have one sim w/ all those locks.... I will give up all my "rares" for the locks.... I value them most... I can use the locks.... more than the rares.....

G

Your entitlment days should include the days you paid for previously. It might be an idea to talk to one of the devs there.
A question I have is that I was under the impression that today was the deadline for amnesty, 8th March. Is there now a new deadline, when can we expect the program to be ran?
I suppose we will get yet another guesstimate of 2 months on this as well.

I

yeah i say wait till the rest of the cities merge... I have sims in av and bf waiting to come here...... It would be nice to have all the sims get the amensty .... not just the ones that are in EAL

G

Yep I agree, even though I don't have any sims in the old cities.
But what is the hold up with the merges now??

G

OH MY.. ea has a custumer service number! When i have wanted to resart an account i always call them, they look up name, email, cc info.. find me turn me on~.. i am not sure where the number is, but look for a contact us on the old web, OR the ea arts web... you should beable to find an old account.

P

PoindeJ

And about amnesty - what happens if you make a new sim; I'm guessing that new sim would get those skill locks, too? Is that how it's supposed to work?

Plus I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but it left me confused. I recently reactivated my account as well, and I'm playing for free (mostly in TC3). A few days ago, though, EA sent me an e-mail telling me that my TSO subscription would expire in 7 days...? I thought I was playing for free? Is this just a bug carried over from the TSO trial period or what?

[off topic] And Carrie, there's a new Body house in TC3 called "THE GYM" that has only body skilling, if that helps (I'm there right now, actually). But I totally agree with the multi-skill houses; that bugs me too. That and the plethora of Jam houses and complete lack of any other job objects. But then again maybe I'm old school as well, heh.[/off topic]

G

<blockquote><hr>

hmmm doesnt make sense.....

for example i have a sim acct that was open idk .. May 2005, I played till the good part of 2006 (dont remember the dates ) and opened it back up in July 2007... With entitlement days saying 400+ dont remember the days exactly .... then i have my bv sims .. They are 900+ days old but entitled for 600+ days

Just because the acct was open May 2005 they arent gonna credit me the locks and such from back then ....... Only for what i paid for right ?

Then there is the sim who is entited for 1301 days ... Whose acct has been open since Jan 2003 ......

So where does that fall? which dates and or time do i go by

[/ QUOTE ]

All sims on the same account will have the same number of entitlement days listed, it doesn't go case by case, sim by sim. Those days are based on paid time, the time that the account was closed doesn't count, so you'd only count the months you listed that it was open. I think you're confusing sim age with entitlement days. In the case of BV, since those sims were not deleted thru DADDI wipes like the rest of sims were, it is possible to have BV sims older than the number of entitlement days listed on the account, since the closed days don't go toward entitlement.

BV is the only exception to the rule, all other sims on the account would be either the same age as the number of entitlement days if you've never recreated or never let your account lapse for 90 days, or they'd be younger if you are a frequent recreator. IF you see production city sims that are older than the number of entitlement days, then that means that you let the account lapse some days, but not long enough for the sims to have been deleted, so you got lucky there. But it's entitlement days listed on the profile *not* sim age that has to do with amnesty.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I reactivated my account 13 days ago, an account that I had played on and paid for for three years. Yet on my page it says entitled for 13 days, this leaves me worried...leaves me wondering if I'll get the amnesty entitlements. It's the skill locks that I value most of all...guess we'll see when it happens

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case, then I'd get ahold of somebody in the Town Hall pronto, because to my knowledge sims will only get what their entitlement days say they are entitled to, even if the account holder knows that there's more entitlement days on the account, if its not fixed. So no, I wouldn't wait to see till it happens, because at that point it might be too late, and 3 years difference is alot of days to just dismiss, considering we get (365 divided by 21 = ) that many skill locks a year, and for you you're talking about 3 years. Are you sure you reactivated the right account? I screwed up and reactivated the wrong one, missing the one that had more than a year more entitlement, so that's why I ask.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yep I agree, even though I don't have any sims in the old cities.
But what is the hold up with the merges now??

[/ QUOTE ]

The deadline is March 8th (I've seen some say that this is a misread, but based on everything I've read, that's what it meant), but that didn't mean that's when amnesty would be run. We haven't been given a date for that.

I read on the blog that the merges should resume March 10th, which would be Monday. I guess there were bugs that needed to be worked out first before they resumed the merges and caused more problems.

S

sammiiJo

I think my question fits with this one but has the opposite question...ok say I have an amnesty day of 1635 and I have a sim thats say 1910 how will this affect them...

I

i think the number is 1-866-543-5435 i have to look it up but almost positive thats what it is ...

I

Plus I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but it left me confused. I recently reactivated my account as well, and I'm playing for free (mostly in TC3). A few days ago, though, EA sent me an e-mail telling me that my TSO subscription would expire in 7 days...? I thought I was playing for free? Is this just a bug carried over from the TSO trial period or what?

yeah that happen to a friend of mine... except his acct has been on trial for almost 4 wks .... two periods of 14 days..... after not payin it for about a week and the bill was paid.. the acct went to 14 day trial... and was told that is how it goes now after the 14day trial the sim will be able to play in normal houses.. after that 14 day trial..... he got another 14 day trial.... as well as the email saying that the subscription would expire in 7 days ...... so he paid for the acct , never got to play the sim .... and now its about to expire..... hows that ?

I

no those are the days .... of the acct .... and or the entitiled days... As i was typing i looked each acct up ... and the entitlement .......

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

I think my question fits with this one but has the opposite question...ok say I have an amnesty day of 1635 and I have a sim thats say 1910 how will this affect them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Skill locks will not be taken away with sims older then entitlement days.

With possibly some 50,000 plus trees about to enter the city, I dont think there will be much need for skilling, sims will be getting fat from eating fruit.

I

With possibly some 50,000 plus trees about to enter the city, I dont think there will be much need for skilling, sims will be getting fat from eating fruit

WOW that many trees? are coming

S

Suzi Q

I'm really confused about this amnesty thing, so I'm just going to see what happens

Regarding multi-skill houses, you'll be pleased to hear that I'm currently in the process of changing mine. Harcouet Charming Villa is already in EAland and that will be just creative and charm. I have two more skill houses, Harcouet Island in Calvins Creek and Harcouet Fancey in Fancey Fields. When they come over, hopefully within the next week or so, the CC house will be just body skill and the FF house will cover cooking/mechanical and logic. Look me up some time soon

N

nobuttkisser

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Plain and simple... locks ALL SIMS THAT SKILLED.. aniversary ONLY main sim per account not others created within that account..... greedy

G

<blockquote><hr>

Plain and simple... locks ALL SIMS THAT SKILLED.. aniversary ONLY main sim per account not others created within that account..... greedy

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing "GREEDY" about that statement. The majority of us had three sims in three cities and EACH SIM got what they were entitled to. Its not OUR fault we're all going to be sitting in ONE city and only ONE sim *not even the sim of OUR CHOICE, getting the bonus'*. I see the point of a lot of items like trees flowing into the city could mess with the economy, but I also see the other side where suddenly only ONE sim on an account is gifted when before it was three. I've got three sims on one account still sitting in other cities waiting to be merged and I have expectations of all three of them arriving with a tree apiece, since that account hit 731 days of paid age today. Greedy? I don't feel thats being greedy, thats what we have all been used to...per sim, not one per account. My EA Land sim on that account sure didn't get anything yesterday for having a second birthday.

I

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No not greedy... But Maxis gets ALOT my hard workin money ..... And if my sims are entitled to what they get w/ amensty ...... then i want everything that they are entitled to.... but mostly the locks.... Not greedy at all ... Sorry you feel that way....

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You will receive the locks based on your entitlement (what you called amnesty days, the 1635) not the 1910, because apparently there was some time that you allowed the account to lapse in billing, but reactivated it quick enough for the sim to not have been deleted and *he* kept acquiring days, but you were not accumulating paid days during that time, so that is why you have less entitlement days than the age of the oldest sim. Hope that helps some

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing "GREEDY" about that statement. The majority of us had three sims in three cities and EACH SIM got what they were entitled to. Its not OUR fault we're all going to be sitting in ONE city and only ONE sim *not even the sim of OUR CHOICE, getting the bonus'*. I see the point of a lot of items like trees flowing into the city could mess with the economy, but I also see the other side where suddenly only ONE sim on an account is gifted when before it was three. I've got three sims on one account still sitting in other cities waiting to be merged and I have expectations of all three of them arriving with a tree apiece, since that account hit 731 days of paid age today. Greedy? I don't feel thats being greedy, thats what we have all been used to...per sim, not one per account. My EA Land sim on that account sure didn't get anything yesterday for having a second birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, greedy is the wrong word, however people just have to understand that certain things are going to change now that we're all in one (or two including TC3) city. Before it made sense that each sim get a anniversary item, because if you'd only gotten one, then your other two sims could not have enjoyed the benefits of it, which would not have been fair, plus the economies of the cities were basically separate unto themselves except when money trading came into play. Now though we're all under the same, and more controlled and refined, economy where floods like that can seriously thwart things, and make all the 'starting over' basically for nothing. The idea of a clean fresh start is what has kept alot of people from being overly disgruntled about being broke now.....if things get screwed up beyond repair, necessitating a wipe to fix it, then either people will be pissed off that they started for nothing because nothing is fixed, or they wipe us *again* to fix it and people are even more pissed off that they have to start over *again*. Lose/lose, and I sincerely hope EA sees this.

G

It was asked of Parizad at Town Hall about whether the oldest sim on the account would get the anniversary gifts or all of the sims. She said ALL. There was a discussion then of people loading up their accounts to make sure they get 8 of everything.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It was asked of Parizad at Town Hall about whether the oldest sim on the account would get the anniversary gifts or all of the sims. She said ALL. There was a discussion then of people loading up their accounts to make sure they get 8 of everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

This is disappointing......very disappointing, especially with people sitting there talking about 'loading up' right there in front of the devs and the devs *still* apparently not seeing how this is gonna totally fubar the whole idea of anniversary objects as rares. If all premium players have 8 of them, then even if the subscriber base is 2k-3k like I've heard then that's 16k-24k in the city potentially. Even if only 50% of the premium players are eligible for all 3 items, they still will not be rare.....so I guess from here forth the only rares will be cannons, gnomes and rare pets, since rare pets actually will be rare now that pet pulls are a thing of the past.

G

Rare pets depends on how many that are merging have their inventory chock full of them. I think most everyone was doing pet pulls up until the final day the production cities were open loading up on rares.

K

knotter02

the whole amensty thing. what is it? i know that some people get stuff but i dont get why. or what for. or if i get something? lol if i do its a suprise to me hahaha.

G

Amnesty is sometime in March the players that came back will get their skill locks and anniversary gifts back. So how ever many gifts/skills your sim is entitled to you will be getting them back. My understanding is that Parizad said every sim on the account will be getting them back not just one.

G

The program hasn't been run yet. But it sohuld happen soon. Just don't know how long.

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

Rare pets depends on how many that are merging have their inventory chock full of them. I think most everyone was doing pet pulls up until the final day the production cities were open loading up on rares.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt we'll be seeing hordes of pink poodles storming the city like lemmings.
(though I might actually pay to witness that)

As one of the people who was spending their last of the good-old-days pulling pets...I'm pretty sure they turned down the pull rates on rares except for affies &amp; cheetahs. Everyone I talked to was having absolutely no luck. Maybe getting one or two ultra rares, but most got one or none despite pulling thousands of carriers.

There will be a glut of affies &amp; cheetahs, though. At least for awhile.

G

I ran out of time, so I just stuffed unopened crates on my lot during the last 5 minutes.

And considering the price of a new pet crate, I am glad I did....maybe there is a pink poodle waiting in there for me......

.....since it is likely to be the last time I ever pull pets.