• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the best way to get Loyalty points for the Ophids?

J

jegilber

Please tell me there is a better way than killing the Banes outside of Ilish/Loyalty...I killed them for 45 minutes and only gained 450 loyatly points. Please tell me there is a better way...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
nope but if you stay near the flags you get more than if you are distant from them i thin k its 5 if near flag and 3 if away from it

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't normally do the event stuff, so what is there to gain from gaining loyalty one way or the other?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well if you stay on the meer/ophids side and get over 2k? you can get the blackrock recipe that is needed to feed bane dragons
and I think there is something else but i cant remember off the top of my head and am fighting br els atm

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no better way. Bane during town invasions give 5 points per kill. So find a way to kill em faster, thats all you can do.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bane dragons will likely stop spawning soon when this event arc finishes. Is it worth it to work up the loyalty at this point for the recipe, or would it be better to just buy one for < 50k at a luna vendor if you're wanting to bond a bane dragon?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bane dragons will likely stop spawning soon when this event arc finishes. Is it worth it to work up the loyalty at this point for the recipe, or would it be better to just buy one for < 50k at a luna vendor if you're wanting to bond a bane dragon?

The only recipe for blackrock stew that I saw being sold, was for like 7 or 8 millions gold. I guess, the high price is because the quest can only be taken once per character and the time invested in raising up the loyalty to what the quest requires, is really considerable (a whole lot of hours spent working loyalty up).

On what shard did you see any below 50,000 gold ? Please let me know and I will go buy it right away.

Thanks.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct. I meant the stew, which I saw selling for 45k on Chessy last night.