• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] What is the best temp for pvp?

• Thread starter SecretService
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Arch Magus

My necro mage does well against many opponents. Of course it helps that I have been playing him 5 years.

I tend to have trouble with Chiv/Scribe mages and disarm/mortal dexers.

C

Chaosy

It really depends more on your playstyle, but the necro mage is the most versatile mage out there, IMHO.

G

GFY

It really depends more on your playstyle, but the necro mage is the most versatile mage out there, IMHO.
This is true. However necro mages are a bit harder to play well then lets say a point and click archer.

If your new to UO try making an ABC archer. THis template is easy to play well and does very well PVP and PVM.

If you've played for a while and are looking for the next step try the necro-mage.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your mind is set on making a PVP mage then learn from someone who plays a PVP mage. There is a world of difference between fighting monsters verses PVPing on a mage. I learned how to fight with my mage from people who only did PVM, and now when I go to fel to fight, I take a dexxer. I really don't have the time or desire at this point in time to retrain my fighting style to PVP on a mage.

G

GFY

If your mind is set on making a PVP mage then learn from someone who plays a PVP mage. There is a world of difference between fighting monsters verses PVPing on a mage. I learned how to fight with my mage from people who only did PVM, and now when I go to fel to fight, I take a dexxer. I really don't have the time or desire at this point in time to retrain my fighting style to PVP on a mage.
Very true.

Mages are more difficult to learn because your using your spells for both offense and defense. You have to manage your mana for both attack and healing and curing. You also need to learn which combinations to use and when to use them. It takes a while to learn how to time your spells correctly.

A

Arch Magus

Also, about pvp mages, there's spells used that I would almost never use in Pvm.

Poison, this is a main in pvp.
Curse, main in pvp.
mana vamp/mana drain, pvp.
teleport , a little in pvm, lots in pvp.