• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] What is the best solo pvm/champ swordsman spec?

• Thread starter SecretService
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SecretService

What is the best solo pvm/champ swordsman spec for a dexxer?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 swords
100 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necromancy
60 chivalry
100 in resist/SS/anatomy depending on the situation.

G

Gellor

120 swords
100 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necromancy
60 chivalry
Was looking for swords template info and found this post.

Care to elaborate on the situations for resist, spirit, or anat?

Also, what type of equipment should I be looking out for?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resist: Fighting necromancy casting opponents. Best used in Doom and Neira spawn.
Anatomy: Situations where hitting harder is more important than leeching more through other means.
SS: Technically, you never need this IF you have the right weapon (SSI, HML, HSL). Great for dread horn, Paroxysmus or the bone demon. It's also good for low level Baracoon spawn when you don't want to waste a weapon killing slimes.

Items: HLD (mace and shield), resists, max DCI, stat increase items are required. Anything else is just icing on the cake. Your weapon should always have SSI, hit mana leech and hit stamina leech.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 swords
100 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
100 necromancy
60 chivalry
This is about what I did (with Connor_Grahams recommendations). I ended up as this:

115 Swords
100 Tactics
110 Bushido
110 Parry
100 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
65 Chivalry

All 70's resists. 101 Str, 115 Dex, 55 Int. 100% DI. 45% DCI. Some other stuff mixed in, like 25 Resist Magic, HP/Stamina boosts, 10HP Regen, etc.

I do great in most situations. But there are some things that just rip me apart. Like at the Sleeping Dragon champ... I can handle Lesser Hiryu's and Revenant Lions if I lure them off and get them alone. But in the middle of the other spawn, I'm toast. And then when the Oni's and Hiryu's start up... man... those Oni's just work me. In the Twisted Weald, Cu Sidhe's kill me really fast. But on the other hand, Dread Horn isn't too bad (I haven't solo'd him, but I've taken the aggro and lived), Miasma is a piece of cake, and Lurg isn't all that tough either. I can also (fairly easily) solo invasion Generals... just takes a while.

I'm sure I just need to learn to play my skills better. But all in all, the character has been working out great.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems as someone posts this exact thread every couple of days and I get into the same argument with Connor and Farsight about the best build.

What ever happened to people reading the forums before asking a question that's been answered?

G

Gellor

It seems as someone posts this exact thread every couple of days and I get into the same argument with Connor and Farsight about the best build.

What ever happened to people reading the forums before asking a question that's been answered?
Hence I brought up an existing thread(aka the first one a search brought up) seeking to expand upon just the template. I don't recall seeing an equipment list or recommendation in the other templates. And this thread was semi generic on its skill list(either this skill, or this skill or this skill) so I replied here.

There is a simple solution to your aggravation... DON'T READ OR REPLY TO THE FLAMING THREADS THAT YOU DON'T LIKE!!!! *rolleyes*

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The answers and tactics are there.

Here's a better suggestion, put your lazy ass hand on the mouse and use the search function.

C

Connor_Graham

I don't know about argument. More of a difference in playstyle. You prefer an all-around type character that utilizes skill point items while we prefer more of a tailor fit character that uses soulstones to swap out skills specific to what we plan on fighting. They both achieve the same ends with neither being better than the other. It's all just a matter of preference.

G

Gellor

The answers and tactics are there.

Here's a better suggestion, put your lazy ass hand on the mouse and use the search function.
Still doesn't take care of YOUR issues. If you don't like repeat threads, don't tread in them. Seems like a simple solution to YOUR issue.

As mentioned, I didn't find what I was looking for so I added to an existing thread rather than starting one of YOUR "billion threads dealing with the same thing" issue. I could have just as easily started yet another thread but I didn't. But now that I think about it, I may just start five or six of them JUST for you *rolleyes*

How about controlling YOURSELF to deal with your aggravation rather than try to tell everyone else how to act? *rolleyes*

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still doesn't take care of YOUR issues. If you don't like repeat threads, don't tread in them. Seems like a simple solution to YOUR issue.

As mentioned, I didn't find what I was looking for so I added to an existing thread rather than starting one of YOUR "billion threads dealing with the same thing" issue. I could have just as easily started yet another thread but I didn't. But now that I think about it, I may just start five or six of them JUST for you *rolleyes*

How about controlling YOURSELF to deal with your aggravation rather than try to tell everyone else how to act? *rolleyes*
Do you have a mental retardation that causes your eyes to roll back in your head on a fairly regular basis?

And to be clear, you didn't start a new thread so my OP clearly wasn't directed at you.

I'll type this in caps and bolded so you know where to focus:

YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU ARE/AREN'T BEING ATTACKED.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I don't think you searched at all for the answer to your question.

Want to know how I know that? 3 posts down you can find this thread: http://boards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=121501 .

Pretty sure that completely sums up the different Sampire builds and pros/cons to each.

Please - reply with more oversized text to restate the same thing you've stated before about me not reading your worthless posts.

G

Gellor

Clearly link, you have the problem.

The original post was 2 weeks old. Obviously you didn't have an issue back then... only when I brought it back up seeking further info... since your first post in this was NOT addressed to anyone, one would have a valid assumption your attack was addressed to the last person. Clearly, if you need to attack a poster, you might want to say "Hey, <insert offending poster's name here>, your post offends" or quote who you are attacking.

All your subsequent posts still don't change the fact that YOU have an issue with duplicate posts and arguing with Connor.

In case you are that dense, let me explain: bold, caps, and oversized text are for emphasis since you can't hear a tone of voice putting emphasis on certain words or phrases. Obviously seems above your understanding *rolleyes*

As stated multiple times, if you are gonna have a heart attack over every duplicate post, don't take the time to open them up. If a post states "best solo champ" and you've seen a dozen of them, what's the point of opening it? None other than to attack people. Get over yourself and log out of this thread.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All your subsequent posts still don't change the fact that YOU have an issue with duplicate posts and arguing with Connor.
No problem with Connor, problem with duplicate posts when the answer is clearly stated in another thread (still on the main page).

*rolleyes*
There you go again.

If a post states "best solo champ" and you've seen a dozen of them, what's the point of opening it? None other than to attack people. Get over yourself and log out of this thread.
Because every time I look at a thread I think maybe, just maybe, someone will have a new question that hasn't been answered 10000 times. But 99% of the time it's just people like you who are too lazy to do the actual legwork to develop a solid character and understand the game mechanics.