[Magery] WHAT IS THE BEST PVP RINGS & BRACELET?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
I know that FC2 and FCR6 is a must have on a PvP mage.

I was wondering what other stats should i look for?
Is it true that SI is capped at 25% for pvp?

The Ring and Bracelet i am using for my pvp mage is

Ring
Dex 2 SDI 6 FCR3 FC1 Cold resist 4%

Bracelet
HCI5 FCR3 FC1 Energy 2

Jewel and suit i have hci14 SDI 18 dci 33

G

GFY

It really depends on your template. You'll want mods that benefit your template and your suit. 1/3 ring with + swords is pretty useless if you don't have swords. :dunce: If your short on resist, lrc, lmc, dci, skills, whatever... you can get a ring/brace to fix that.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
I agree on the ring & bracelet. There are so many variations of possible mods on rings and bracelets I use these as my wildcard to fill holes in my suit. On my mages, I usually put high priority on FC/FCR on jewelry because there are few armor pieces that have these mods (other than spellbooks, helm of swiftness, inquisitor's resolution, Arcane Shield, and the Vesper Chaos replica shield). That's usually the first thing I look at. After that, as I said, it depends on the overall suit. I look to get the following total:

100 LRC
40 LMC
45 DCI
2 FC
6 FCR
As much SDI as possible

Certainly there are other mods that are helpful, but those are the keys for me on my mages. If it is a tight gimp build (going well beyond 720 skill points) I get the majority of my skill gains off the ring/brace/spellbook combo.

-OBSIDIAN-

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 29, 2007
I like 2/5 more than 2/6. I overcast alot more with 2/6 than 2/5. Besides, my FCR2 LRC 20% STR7 Phys 11% Fire 12% ring fits my suit perfectly :)

G

GFY

I like 2/5 more than 2/6. I overcast alot more with 2/6 than 2/5. Besides, my FCR2 LRC 20% STR7 Phys 11% Fire 12% ring fits my suit perfectly :)
This is a perfect example of using your jewelry to compliment or complete your suit. My stealth mage has over 40 points of skills in his equipment that allow him to far exceed the 720 stat "cap".

A

Arch Magus

These would be the best PVP ring and bracelet in my opinion:

ring-
3 FCR
15 DCI
20 LRC
8 LMC
+15 magery

brace-
1/3
15 DCI
20 LRC
LMC/magery/fire resist/ whatever

You can see what i'm getting at..these pieces would be ultra-rare.

So much easier to run Orny/ Crystalline. with better mods.
Before faction arties I had this ring:
3 FCR
12 DCI
14 LRC
I used that ring for like 3 years because I never found a better replacement. found it on a dragon, lol.
Even though Crystalline is awesome, that would have been worthless to what kind of suit I had at the time. I needed those mods.

my 2 cents:D

A

Arch Magus

That's a great ring. pretty sweet. and hard to replace.

I disagree on the overcasting, i don't even think that's possible.;)

6 FCR gives you a 0 second wait on spells.
with 5 FCR you still have to wait .25 seconds to cast your next spell. which can be trouble if I'm trying to mini-heal spam out of a gank. :D