What is pvp like on this server?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
J

Jeff.

Yes, could someone please explain to me what pvp guilds there are, and such. thank you.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2009
I'm not sure if you had the chance to read or decipher any of the now locked pvp smack talk thread, but pvp on cats is... "meh" at best

the faction breakdown:

TRUE BRIT: a 250ish member 6+ guild alliance usually fielding a dozen "less than average skilled" people. (90% being dexxys/archers)

MINAX: FWAP.. Decent mix of about 5-10 guys playing myriad of temps. Usually fielding 3-5

COM: Lynk running solo... And some RUOH usually not many on, but when you see one you know 3-4 more are about to be there. Maybe 10 ppl strong. Decent skill as well

SL: NME... Decent skill. (most active adversary of TB) small in numbers, usually fielding 3-6 sometimes more, sometimes less. (the most hated on the shard by far)

Fighting is global in location but like most shards yew gate is ALWAYS active. Lots of the same ole same ole with tamers, archers, stealthers, dexxies.

Not a lot of good mages on the shard in general. If you do decide to come on a mage, definately stack DCI out your wazoo.

Plenty of spawns are attempted or "snuck in" by factions and bluebies alike.

Mostly the stackup is in TB's favor number wise, but provides some good fighting none the less.

Hope that helps

V

Victoria Navarre

Yes, could someone please explain to me what pvp guilds there are, and such. thank you.
In catskills is much like any shard. Zergs and solo players run around attacking each other mindlessly and after a win or a loss,they are compeled to say alot of idiotic things in the global chat.

A

A Rev

PvP on this server consists of...

RICE

Any other time you want pvp you either need tracking or to run around redlined...or you wont find it (this shard is 90% stealthers)!!!

M

Mammon Onryo

Hmm.. the screams and blood of many mortals has drawn me to seek out some souls on this particular shard..

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
the faction breakdown:

TRUE BRIT: a 250ish member 6+ guild alliance usually fielding a dozen "less than average skilled" people. (90% being dexxys/archers)

MINAX: FWAP.. Decent mix of about 5-10 guys playing myriad of temps. Usually fielding 3-5

COM: Lynk running solo... And some RUOH usually not many on, but when you see one you know 3-4 more are about to be there. Maybe 10 ppl strong. Decent skill as well

SL: NME... Decent skill. (most active adversary of TB) small in numbers, usually fielding 3-6 sometimes more, sometimes less. (the most hated on the shard by far)
That's about as fair a biased assessment as you are going to get. I'll just add my experience, FWAP/RICE and the CoM bunch tend to present the toughest challenge, although there are individuals in both TB and SL (NME) that are very hard to beat. There are one or two in FWAP that are weaker, which in my opinion speaks well of FWAP. FWAP/RICE tend to present the biggest challenge all round because there are times when they field very significant numbers, and when that happens, things get ugly...

FWAP/RICE and the CoM bunch tend to fight better as a team and be more organized than TB or SL (NME). I get the feeling that NME is in decline as I don't see as many of them on lately as I did a short while ago, or maybe it is just bio rhythms. NME does have one or two very skilled mages that stand out.

In catskills is much like any shard. Zergs and solo players run around attacking each other mindlessly and after a win or a loss,they are compeled to say alot of idiotic things in the global chat.
That probably sums up an awful lot of the action quite neatly... :)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 22, 2008
Anfield
Question: What is the success rate of this 250+ TB Faction?

The numbers and balance is overwhelming. But I see no comments that suggest the other factions do not get their fair share of kills, despite their lower numbers.

I'd like to understand how the TB faction fights. Do they just roll over everyone and constantly blitz (more fun) or do they play defensively, escaping with the loot (be that scrolls, gold, or just pride) at the first given chance (less fun)?

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2009
TB usually tries to roll over people.. but more than likely they get rolled even tho they outnumber... if u are with a group of 3-4 decent/good players, you will have no problem taking out the alliance