• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is my barding potential?

N

NoBuddy

So I am working on my bard with current intention of going:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Mage
120 Med
120 Eval

Temp is negotiable, but what is my potential here, particularly for soloing? I know I can do Doom gauntlet, but what are other possibilities? I have sampire, I have disc/tamer, they can both do alot of soloing, but is this bard more suited to partner up than solo? What changes to temp would enable more soloing?

5% Luck

I would suggest going heavily into imbuing and skill+ enhancements. If you work it out with ring swaping(uoassist drop ring+dress macros) you can easily manage an extra gm skill.

What I did was drop the med to 100 with some MR on the suit you should be fine and the magery to 100 use a crystaline ring for lvl 8 spells plus many other posibiltys like a bracelt with 15/15 music/provok.

If you start with a tinkered +2 MR dark saphire bracelt its even better when imbuing.

That said the guantlet is one of the most fun places I know of but there are others I like:

the peerless dungeon in umbra just barding around all the named mobs in here is very lucritive as well as alot of fun not to mention getting the keys for the peerless if ya got a party,guild.

any of a number of balrons you can use to slay lesser mobs in droves (terathon keep,hythloth 3rd floor,central dungeon ishtar,chaos shrine,more) Instead of trying to kill the higher level mobs think of them as a weapon instead keeping them up and healthy is as important to a bard as say fort powder to a warrior. The other mobs you can do this with are lengthy in list. You should find one or a few you like. I chose balron king of the demons.

The blighted grove has some great potential for a bard. Drop a few EVs and bard onto them or pick on coil for a while.

Any of the champion spawns are a bards best friend. This is where a bard can really shine. Any of these, Sots, minor artis, felucian powerscrolls or the list of other atris can be the rewards for singing there. These spawns will test even the best bards skill and considering you make the claim of working on the dark father these will still challenge you further.

Though I havent played in a few years myself and I dont know the new lands or mobs I do still have fond memeries of my bard and his old haunts. GL to ya!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i find that my pure bard i have been using more for partys this last while.

specially with the masteries.

have you thought about dropping the eval for peace to get the bonus's and LMC that having all barding skills to 120 brings?

ive done that to some of my bards and its not bad.
run with EV's and mind blast and a pair of Vollems.

N

NoBuddy

Originally, that was my intent to go with Peace in lieu of Eval, but for soloing, thot Eval would be more beneficial. Just back to UO, no guild or even friends on shard, so need to work on that. Also, being gone so long, I'm unaware of the new masteries and/or bonuses, so I'll need to investigate that as well. Doh, and vollems too...have to find out what they are.