• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is for you the greatest resource that UO Stratics offers ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aside from the Forums, which are a mine for informations and help, I find the Hunter's Guide with the ability to search for fields (and quite several of them !), a real great resource to enhance game play.

And for you, what is that most often brings you back to UO Stratics ?

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The massive amount of resources about the game on the main site and on the forums, not to mention the tools and calculators.
Plus the developers posting updates on the forums, is always good (Should be cross posted to uo.com and social media as well, but alas, that has never happened :p)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
traders hall
uorarescollector
shard EM forums

those are my stratics bookmarks.

Edit: removed UOhall. its useless and even jirels funny troll post got locked. If i want to talk about UO, i guess UOhall is NOT the place to do it.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and i miss Taylor. Not surprised he quit tho, i would have too.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly staff can be easily replaced, personally i would have brought in a whole new fresh staff and brought some new life to stratics. Im tired of the stale, old, constricting stratics. Personally i would allow open discussion and promote a feeling of inclusiveness. Yes stratics is nice for a select few, theres some info. theres some other game forums no one uses. its a facebook fix for many. you can sell things. its far far from Taylors vision however. really a shame.

Seeing how long this post has been up, and how few responses, well i think that speaks for itself.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Information about ongoing things ingame, events, problems and news. Knowledga and knknow how of other players, trading opportunities. So, it offers alot! Personally, I need Stratics alot.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ideas for templates, armor, house designs... forgot that...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess i just expected more. seems there were big plans back in march / april and most of them kinda blahed out. maybe its just the summer.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greatest things about stratics for me.

1. @Lord Nabin 's auctions.

2. Selling stuff myself.

3. @Nails Warstein auctions

4. Player and EM event info

5. Rares Community Info

Things i wish stratics could be.

1. A site that had a search for players and their guild (similar to myuo days)

2. Less militant and more informative

3. An RP section by invite only

4. A timer for auctions and a pre fab format for auction listings and rules.

5. More power to control the posts in your own thread.

6. I wish the EM event inf and Player event info were on Calendars instead of individual shards. Perhaps with options to chose on which shards show on the calendar. The ability to synch it with a google calendar. etc...

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still use the hunters and dungeon guides quite a bit. Crafters and other professions forums. And Checking in UHall for the official unofficial pulse of the playerbase.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To be honest the only thing I really use Stratics for other than replying to posts to kill time is quick price checks on rares by searching their names in the search box. The community is awesome as well of course.

Last edited:

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use it to keep me informed of UO happenings; professions forum is very informational and when I come across something new to me in game I'll post on it and will always get my answer. Thanks to you peeps! :cool:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So. Knocking myself out creating playguide information is a total waste of my time.
Thanks. I'll bear it in mind.
Pay no mind to the people who go out of their way just to stir stuff up for no reason than just because they can. Some users don't even visit the forums...

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So. Knocking myself out creating playguide information is a total waste of my time.
You know that isn't true. I mentioned the dungeon guides. Ive been back for too little to have had to access other guides. The revamps of the loot revamp, reforging in detail and I am sure other systems I have not taken advantage of that are escaping me. Like exodous, but maybe that is a dungeon guide also.

Oh look! A new emoticon! :woman:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Don't you dare stop making those. I use them and send others to read them also

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I use pretty much all the info. Couldn't really say what I use the most. I know I use the guides, walk throughs, generally info a lot and send others to read.

The Old Man

Journeyman
Premium
Stratics Veteran
The forums I look at several times a day, they keep changing, sorta 'news'
All the other stuff...might go a month without looking at a guide and then be there every day for a week.
I don't read guides etc as often as the forum, but when i read them it's cause I NEED them!!

Petra surely you get stats from the site giving the number of page visits, so you can see which areas are accessed most and so you KNOW yr time is nowhere near wasted.
Goodness knows how peeps would manage without the guides & stuff, should be a link on the game login screen so new players know about them

The Old Man

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
honestly staff can be easily replaced, personally i would have brought in a whole new fresh staff and brought some new life to stratics. Im tired of the stale, old, constricting stratics. Personally i would allow open discussion and promote a feeling of inclusiveness. Yes stratics is nice for a select few, theres some info. theres some other game forums no one uses. its a facebook fix for many. you can sell things. its far far from Taylors vision however. really a shame.

Seeing how long this post has been up, and how few responses, well i think that speaks for itself.

Careful one could use your same logic against you. Since you are the only one belly aching in this post, to use your words, "well i think that speaks for itself."

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ya, i was wondering the same thing, I know his administrator banner disappeared, but he still has the board of directors one and his title still says owner so...not sure what you mean by he quit.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when theres so much "bellyaching" from the staff that the owner himself washes his hands of the whole thing..., well i think that speaks for itself. Im sure not everyone was guilty of this, and possibly had good intentions but the facts are regrettable at most.

Is that what he told you or are you making assumptions? Do you have a link to where he said that? I think maybe your use of the term "Fact" does not mean what you think it means.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Trolls, I love the trolls that come here and post. Player guides are a bit too simplistic and sometimes hard to follow, poorly written. UOGuide for all the informative stuff

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im not going to quote / post pm conversations. but no, i'm not making assumptions. i think its best to leave it at that.

So to make sure I have this right. You imply that you have PM conversations of a sensitive nature with someone and you state that you will not post or quote this interaction. However, you will paraphrase the conversation, attribute it to the other party and make it public when you need to further your cause? I think that should make anyone very uncomfortable having private conversations with you...no?

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no no. There are many of us that read here daily but don't post. You need to know this, stratics is a great value to many, many players. As far as players talking about mod fairness, ignore it. Seriously, I've been guilty of saying too much at times in gen chat, like some on stratics do. My point is, if a person is told they are out of line, we need to think about that, not buck the system.

I'm sorry it is so easy to forget to get on stratics and say thank you. Thank you Petra, Kelmo, Tina Tink, and many others. Petra your time in not wasted, I can't imagine what it would be like if all your work vanished. Oh my!

Dendra/Ceres

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when theres so much "bellyaching" from the staff that the owner himself washes his hands of the whole thing..., well i think that speaks for itself. Im sure not everyone was guilty of this, and possibly had good intentions but the facts are regrettable at most.
Feel free to start your own forum. I need stratics.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay folks.

Let's get back to the original topic please. Lets not take this thread off track any further.

One thing I enjoy looking at once in a while is the player run establishments on each individual shard page. Sometimes I then go to the location to see if they are still there and try to catch a little bit of nostalgia. If you go back trough the old news reports, you will see some very old stories and some pretty awesome screen shots.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive found many of the guides very useful, especially the EC macro guide as im trying to familiarize myself with it (even tho im still a devoted CC player most the time)

Its also very convenient having links to all the stuff you need for UO, like UO assist etc.

Swt Lippy Hippy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I like all the crafting information available. I send people here all the time. I love that I can come here and find current information on the latest new things. Maps and locations I love. I love the information on templates. I loved reading about Buzz and his scribe shop and his story a few years ago. I was so sad to see his house fall. Any info on that great scribe I always looked up to and was my mentor for a scribe character? He was one laid back dude. Never let anything bother him and would not be afraid to go anywhere to mark a rune for you. He always was respectful and polite. What happened to the people like him? Miss you Buzz!!!

I also like to see other peoples feed back on some things. Some makes me laugh alot and some makes me feel sick because yer all a bunch of freaky loons ! lol But I do love coming here and reading on current things going on. Love it all. No major complaints, just know that a couple on here always seem to be having a horrible day and vent it out here. lol I love the shard forums also.

I love that we get heard by the dev team and I like to think they read our ideas and take into consideration. To me that is a wonderful thing and goes beyond the job and I appreciate that bigtime :)

Don't quite get the 'Troll' thing I just prefer to call it mental posts lol :) I love the fact that I can find sm**t if I want to and throw a pumpkin at him if allowed ! lol

peace. good question thanks for lettin me post. :)

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need a new thread.. UO Raw and Uncensored. Ill volunteer as one of the mods. I am sure we will need at least one to two more

Everything goes. would be great for pvp .. etc. only rule is not to post cheats and exploits but personal attacks are allowed. ;)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
We need a new thread.. UO Raw and Uncensored. Ill volunteer as one of the mods. I am sure we will need at least one to two more

Everything goes. would be great for pvp .. etc. only rule is not to post cheats and exploits but personal attacks are allowed. ;)
We've been there and done that.