What in the HELL EA?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
Srsly everyone should get a free month of game time because I have known members of my guild who have not been able to play UO for days now... Now I personally had no problems until tonight now I am pinging at 130 on Siege when I normally Ping around 28-39 This is ridiculous.

:please: FIX THIS!

:lame::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Just a little levity, but I remember when 130 ping meant you had a GOOD connection to the game.

B

Budweiser

Srsly everyone should get a free month of game time because I have known members of my guild who have not been able to play UO for days now... Now I personally had no problems until tonight now I am pinging at 130 on Siege when I normally Ping around 28-39 This is ridiculous.

So when your con is great and everything seems to be going ok should you pay EA more?

B

Budweiser

LOL.

Why would he pay EA more?

WOW...

What a genius we have here.
Because he's a victim.. poor guy he wants something for free when the service is and issue..so when service is great maybe we should all pay more to play... I'm all about complaining when something is wrong, but I get tired of hearing people pancakes about wanting something for free. If you don't like the service your getting stop using it. Bye Bye.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
2545 x 2031
Because he's a victim.. poor guy he wants something for free when the service is and issue..so when service is great maybe we should all pay more to play... I'm all about complaining when something is wrong, but I get tired of hearing people pancakes about wanting something for free. If you don't like the service your getting stop using it. Bye Bye.
lol...

If you don't want to hear them pancake then the obvious thing to do would be to not open threads that are titled as so.

Noones forcing you to read it, but you're obviously doing it.

Enjoy reading more of it as I'm sure there will be plenty more for ya!

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl
Haven't you ever been upset over getting less than what you paid for? I find it completely ******** of you not to consider this before trolling an honest thread. EA should be making up for this issue...in the past they would have...honestly though I think all accountability has gone out the window.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
Well I can't speak for you... But I pay EA plenty. I play on Siege Perilous... 1 Char Slot

I have 6 accts...

Mage (PVP)
Tamer(PVP)
Tamer(PVM)
Bushido Archer(PVM)
Thief...
Crafter...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

I can understand the frustration, but a free MONTH isn't going to happen.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
Heh, 130 isn't anything to cry about. I still get just a hair under that on cable most of th time.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 6, 2008
LOLAZYTOWN
stop posting you are making yourself look dumb.

Cynic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 26, 2008
Heh, 130 isn't anything to cry about. I still get just a hair under that on cable most of th time.
Personally, to me it is.. That being said I normally ping between 10-15..

Going from a consistent 10-15 ping and then suddenly peaking at 130-190 is like driving a ferrari and then being suddenly forced to drive a smartcar..

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
A lot of folks can't play.
My ping is jumping up and down but I really can't complain today (for the first time in what.. a week?) it's average 40ms today. I can live with that.
It does jump up over 200 at times though.
I don't have the packet loss others here have, but there's a LOT of people I know who do. Most of my guild are unable to move in game at all and just log out.
If people are logging off of UO they are very well logging into other games. A great way to lose customers is to make it so they are unable to play.
We can't afford to lose very many more folks EA. Please do something!
Thanks!

PS. Everyone having connection issues PLEASE send your traces to them! Every time it goes bad SHOW them. Flood the email with tracert copies if you have to.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Seems like it's something more than just ping rate too because unless we're just spoiled, anything sub 150 shouldn't be too much of an issue (outside of direct PvP that is).

But something else is going on as well.

My pings jumped from <50 to about 150ms on the last two hops (both ea servers) while I was mining, and not only was the lag noticeable, but the communication of macro steps was being spotty and skipping CursorTargetLast inputs as well. Also was a noticeable lag in getting a target cursor to come up.

Now yes this is in the KR client, however this is something that has NOT been a lag issue for me until tonight.

A

AesSedai

- That's what I'm thinking too..
Used to be around 120-140 on cable; and often worse, but I didn't have any issues in PvP or PvM because of it.
Now I'm around 60-80 on another cable.
I know I know, I'm just unfortunate to be sittin' west of the Mississippi right in-between the two server banks (I had such high hopes when LA shard was announced; drats another west coast server.. same reason I chose GL when I began; drats, just a west coast server).
Don't even get me started with the ol' dialup pings. What was it, maybe a 14.4k modem at that time? Dang things made you walk uphill in the snow both ways, mumble, mumble.

Ping.Pong.Ping.Pong.

:popcorn:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Heh, kids today and their new-fangled broadband... back in my day we had 1200+ms with step step FREEZE and we LIKED IT!

:p

A

AesSedai

-Once again, I'm sorry for interrupting this broadcast, but this important news just in. We'll return to your regular suffering as soon as possible:
Thx for remainding me of Jon Lovitz SNL :) Wise guy, eh
:popcorn:

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Ya know... I have been fine throughout this entire thing with the lag. I play on Lake Superior. But tonight!!!!!!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!! I could not walk for the lag. It was horrid. I tried rebooting everything...no help. My ping was in the 240-270 range and I got beat down and killed until I finally just left my bones and logged out. It was bad.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
Yes, some communication on par with the seriousness of this issue to the players affected would be appreciated.

It would be nice to get some compensation for playing time lost, perhaps in another way other than money back. Each account, with paid gametime during this lag issue, could be given one or two 11th Anniversary tokens when they become available to our shards.

I also think the Halloween events should be extended one week so that those that have been unable to play can participate too. :)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
So when your con is great and everything seems to be going ok should you pay EA more?

What?

When you go out to eat and your food is served cold, do you pay them even more money to pop it in the microwave for you?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
My connection went to Sh.T about an hour before server down tonight. Absolutely amazing that I stayed on as long as I did. I ran a trace while I was playing and I can honestly say it was the worst connection I'd had all night/day Thursday. Ping went from 30-40 to 180+ (A few times as high as 270).
Normally for me the nights are the best.. after hours my connection usually FLIES. (no packet loss.. ping no more than 35) So I sure didn't expect it to go up at 3am. :/

B

Beastmaster

Its not the ping that is causing the serious issue. The lengthy pings are just a symptom of more serious issues. With a longer ping you may notice your movement is slower, but you are still moving. Its the huge amount of packetloss that's killing everyone. Packetloss causes you to rubberband. It causes your macros to fail. It causes you to drop things in places you didn't intend. It allows whatever is whooping your butt to do so with little defense on your part.

long pings ... a nuisance.

packetloss ... disastrous.

Last night I was seeing packetloss from XO Communications, AT&T, and EA. With packetloss occurring in at least 3 hops along the route I gave up as many others have.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
With most companies if their service is deemed under par compared to what it usually is, they offer some form of compensation. For instance, my cable continuously went out for two months. After numerous people coming out to figure out why and coming up with nothing, they gave us two months of free service.

It's a companies job to provide good service, that's what they're paid for. You're paying for good service, so why would you pay more when things are going as they're expected to?

I'm not saying "Hey EA, pay for my four accounts for a month because this lag sucks.", but I am saying that it's not entirely absurd to want or expect something in return for having to deal with sub par service.

T

trammelite

for three days in a row now, i was not able to participate in the fight against the invasions anymore - not to talk of going to any graveyard or to Khaldun.
on logon screen, i see no latency issues with europe (playing from germany), but once i am logged in, it is threee steps, standing still for seconds, another three steps, standing still again, the screen freezes for seconds, then everything rushes by in fastforward speed and screen gets grey/white. get a rez, walk back, loot corpse, then again, same story.
i am really concerned that this will continue over the weekend in the same manner.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Welp, for what it's worth ... the lag pretty much has me shut down for the invasions and stuff. Someone else noted no real latency issues until logged in.

That's it for me - no real issues until I move into a war zone or potential war zone. I can go to Tram Skara (possible warzone) and see 5-step lag. Brit, Moonglow are 3-step lag. But only when logged in ... UOTrace and PingPlotter show no serious issues.

K

kennykilleduo

THEY DONT CARE..They got you money already...... :stretcher:

K

Kratos Aurion

A 130 ping? lol! seriously? something else to cry about? next!

I played on a 240 ping DSL on 2MB connection and was virtually lagless. My daily UO life consists of playing on satallite with over 1000ms ping. Find something else to cry about please. 130 ping is virtually lagless with the occasional frame skip every what, 10mins?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 14, 2004
Oklahoma USA

Stop your whining. I get 100 average most of the time. I still play and can win as well PvPing. If you dont like it dont play. Easy as that. EA owes you nothing but the ability to log in and play on there servers. They dont care if there servers are laggy. Thats your problem not theres.

L

laurlo

I am inclined to agree, if you are paying for a service you are not receiving you should be compensated for it... but thats only if it is in fact EA's fault - can't hold them liable if its something else.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 1, 2000
I am saying that it's not entirely absurd to want or expect something in return for having to deal with sub par service.
Yes, it is.

If the service is poor, close your account. Don't expect a handout and continue giving them your money. Just stop paying and end your service. Simple as that.

If it's not bad enough to close your account, well, I suppose it isn't that bad eh?

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 5, 2006
Bangor, Me
I'm curious to know what ping everyone has comes from? For instance when I run a trace I show 55ms to 70ms. But on my shard selection screen the latency shows 155ms to 176ms. I don't get how they could be totally different numbers.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 14, 2004
Oklahoma USA
lmao. Kage you are a bicth. PMing me and cussing me. How about you tell everyone your opinion and stop worrying about your precious stratics account. if you didnt want people opinion maybe you should not have posted?? Theres an idea. Im sorry you dont have your perfect ping. Not everyone has great ping, but we get through it ya know. I dont think EA owes you a ****ing thing though. If you dont like how they running there shti, cancel your account. Easy as that. you pay ea to get access to there servers not to have perfect ****ing ping. Dont like EA servers plenty of free ones out there. Go try one of them you little bicth!!!

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 31, 2008
Georgia
lmao. Kage you are a bicth. PMing me and cussing me. How about you tell everyone your opinion and stop worrying about your precious stratics account. if you didnt want people opinion maybe you should not have posted?? Theres an idea. Im sorry you dont have your perfect ping. Not everyone has great ping, but we get through it ya know. I dont think EA owes you a ****ing thing though. If you dont like how they running there shti, cancel your account. Easy as that. you pay ea to get access to there servers not to have perfect ****ing ping. Dont like EA servers plenty of free ones out there. Go try one of them you little bicth!!!
Awwww look someone is :sad3: now... here little buddy :grouphug: