• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What if...

G

...instead of KR, EA had added a virtual reality helmet to UO?

What would this do to PvP? I imagine line-of-sight would take on a whole new meaning. Right now, you know exactly who (stealthers notwithstanding) is nearby, who is friend, who is foe. Killers literally lurking in the bushes would add a whole new wrinkle to the battlefield!

PvM - much the same. A monster could literally sneak up on you - if you didn't hear it's feet going "THOOM, THOOM, THOOM" (or, in the case or orcs, "pong, pong, pong") behind you.

*pictures news headlines: player dies from dragon-induced heart attack*

Vent/TS would be built in. Of course, we'd have to do something about all the floating decor...

Personally, I think UO in VR would be fantastic. Gripes about the devs and their evil overseers notwithstanding. But, this is a 'what if'.

What think ye?

G

*FLEES in stealth*

Maybe it is because it is late at night here 3:30 am and maybe it is due to the comic Wii commercial where the fellow literally throws a real bowling ball into the Wii .............. and now reading ye suggestion............

I just pictured me self in the UO VR helmet with crown atop it in me finery royal outfit, and suddenly Puffy was in my living room asking to borrow my stereo and my car and Sheltie dogs with Wyrm licking his chops........shouting "gasp.........dinner !! GASP ! " as he gazes upon me rl sheltie dogs, Knight and King.

*blame it on that Wii commercial*

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm I dun think I want some folk here, THAT REAL in me home, with a VR UO helmet upon me head....... *runs off in stealth mode to an interior room*

G

<blockquote><hr>

What would this do to PvP? I imagine line-of-sight would take on a whole new meaning. Right now, you know exactly who (stealthers notwithstanding) is nearby, who is friend, who is foe. Killers literally lurking in the bushes would add a whole new wrinkle to the battlefield!

PvM - much the same. A monster could literally sneak up on you - if you didn't hear it's feet going "THOOM, THOOM, THOOM" (or, in the case or orcs, "pong, pong, pong") behind you.

*pictures news headlines: player dies from dragon-induced heart attack*

Vent/TS would be built in. Of course, we'd have to do something about all the floating decor...

Personally, I think UO in VR would be fantastic. Gripes about the devs and their evil overseers notwithstanding. But, this is a 'what if'.

What think ye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you blind?

G

I've always thought that the area on screen should only be updated in a line depending on which way your character is facing. So in essence you couldnt ever see behind your back like in real life, if you wanted to, you got to turn around.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

I think your out of your mind! I am too old to learn new tricks.

B

Beatrice Quill

Otto's medication will be upped immediately.

I'm quite happy with UO, thank you. I don't want UO to turn into Doom or Quake!
Not this week, anyway.

G

Hrmph. Cheeky scribe.

*blames weird ideas on too much sugar in the birthday cake*

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

What would this do to PvP? I imagine line-of-sight would take on a whole new meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello archer stealther ninja...

that is all