• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What if I anticipate being disappointed again ...

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it still good for me?
I mean why end melissa and the vanguard events and then push back the publish and leave us with nothing event wise? You banned people for owning dupes but not the people who crafted 1000's of items with duped runics. I just hope something positive happens soon. I already cancelled my 3 bod accounts due to the recent influx of uber everything from duped runics. Its just sad when you expect to be disappointed.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats EA for ya...once your down and out they hand over a hammer and tell you to whack your privates with it...

so you will forget all about being disappointed.

G

galefan2004

is it still good for me?
Yup because at least you will be ready to be disapointed again.

I mean why end melissa and the vanguard events and then push back the publish and leave us with nothing event wise?
Melissa should have never been implimented the way she was in the first place. It should have been ended way before it was. It wasn't funny that the bottom dropped out on the ML ingredients. I really don't know why they ended the Vanguards because their drops weren't exactly overpowered.

You banned people for owning dupes but not the people who crafted 1000's of items with duped runics.
Quite F True!

I just hope something positive happens soon. I already cancelled my 3 bod accounts due to the recent influx of uber everything from duped runics. Its just sad when you expect to be disappointed.
At least you are ready to be disapointed. With what they have done to this game lately I'm not sure what they could anounce that would get people really excited other than free admision to the WAR open beta and the first month of that game for free.

V

von Beck

A top secret EA/Mythic memo outlining plans to merge UO into WAR has come into my possession:

* Following the release of WAR all Ulitma Online accounts will be converted to WAR accounts
* There will be a 15 day grace period in which you can finish up your business in Sosaria, after that shards will be decommissioned
* Your new WAR account will be created with a level 2 character and an extra 10gp in recognition of years of effort you've put into UO

</troll>

M

Marcus Blackwell

A top secret EA/Mythic memo outlining plans to merge UO into WAR has come into my possession:

* Following the release of WAR all Ulitma Online accounts will be converted to WAR accounts
* There will be a 15 day grace period in which you can finish up your business in Sosaria, after that shards will be decommissioned
* Your new WAR account will be created with a level 2 character and an extra 10gp in recognition of years of effort you've put into UO

</troll>

Wouldnt shock me one bit if that happened..Heck wouldnt be surprised if all those that showed up to the next town hall meeting got more WAR info then UO info.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least you are ready to be disapointed. With what they have done to this game lately I'm not sure what they could anounce that would get people really excited other than free admision to the WAR open beta and the first month of that game for free.
Arrrr, me would like this. However, methinks they should give all UO players free lifetime subs to WarHammer; I, for one, shant give EA a single piece o' eight for it!

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I wouldn't say that everything they do is a disappointment most of it is. It does seem like for every good thing they add or do they end up adding or doing 5 bad things you know to crush our spirits like all large cash driven empires do to their loyal subjects.

But yeah I agree with a lot of this. I do think adding peerless ingredients to anything other than a new peerless is a terrible idea. The value of the ingredients dropped heavily before they added them to every event now they have dropped to the point peerless are not worth doing. After all why do a peerless when you can spend less than 60 seconds at an event for the same rewards.

The list goes on though on and on actually.

G

galefan2004

</troll>
Thank you for your extremely bogus post. Thanks.

G

galefan2004

Arrrr, me would like this. However, methinks they should give all UO players free lifetime subs to WarHammer; I, for one, shant give EA a single piece o' eight for it!
"me likey likey" "me bouncy bouncy"

"I am no longer a side show attraction."

Lois (Family Guy)

Got to like the way you post though because at least its still readable and you stay in chracter. I would think that you would be playing Pirates of the Caribean though?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I would like....but I know I would just be disappionted again

Is a forum where we would have all the people involved with UO sit down and be able to talk about everything. It was interesting to read about UOX. It seems that it feel apart because of the migration. Now, whoever was the dumbass that decided to migrate a project like that in the middle of said project is in dire need of a lobotomy with a spoon. You don't uproot people in the middle of a project like that, or attempt to do so. That's just plain stupid.

I am tired of the 'but we can't talk about that yet' because they keep stringing it along over and over, and never follow up with anything.

And maybe that's it. It's two fold. It's a mission statement at UO that to make up something on the fly, something that's a pretty good tease, and say 'but I can't talk about it/that!!!'. The second part is accountability. UO seems to embody a growing, disturbing trend here in America. The lack of accountability. They REALLY didn't say anything, so they really don't have anything to be accountable for.

I called them out several times over 2 weeks about vinecord sandles. I started a thread challenging them, knowing that all the ones that were in the game were duped, so why wasn't anything done. It was something they knew, and had known for a long time. Why did it take someone like me or anyone else here to point out that fact?

Not a forum like a town hall, because those are scripted. I've been to 5, even spent way much more $$ than I should have, and not a single one has given me anything to say 'yes, this was worth your trip' from EA/Mythic. It's been cool meeting other players of UO, and that's been worth it to a point, but the money would have been better spent on buying more stuff at the Dragon*Con dealer tables or more drinking. Then again, at DC, there is so much free stuff to drink.... I digress....

The previous producer of UO did it (especially at the Atlanta townhall, that was a joke, especially when the guy was saying that moving powerscrolls to trammel would ruin the economy....what economy, the one flowing into his bank account?), the current one has done it. It's been done before, they will do it again. And nothing will come of it, just like before, it would be nice to see them be accountable and answer us freely...

And so I leave this post, disappointed again, knowing that there isn't one shred of accountability by the Mythic.

G

galefan2004

It was interesting to read about UOX. It seems that it feel apart because of the migration. Now, whoever was the dumbass that decided to migrate a project like that in the middle of said project is in dire need of a lobotomy with a spoon. You don't uproot people in the middle of a project like that, or attempt to do so. That's just plain stupid.
The two biggest reasons IMO that UOX fell apart is that: 1) It would have split the UO player base. 2) It have had a hard time living up to its competition seeing it was susposed to released at the same time as WoW, EQ2, and Impertrator (before Impertrator got canned).

And so I leave this post, disappointed again, knowing that there isn't one shred of accountability by the Mythic.
Please don't make that statement with the word Mythic. Mythic runs DAoC and is developing WAR. They have very little hands on contact with UO and the developers that are working on UO are pretty much the same EA team. Mythic in and of itself is a great company. They just happened to sell their souls to the devil (so to speak) as they partnered with EA to get the money needed to create WAR.

The WAR credits screen lists EA and Mythic Entertainment as two different companies. I wouldn't be surprised if after Mythic Entertainment makes enough money from WAR to pay off EA they decide to rid themselves of the EA blight. In my experience with Mythic, they treat their players 100x times better than EA treats their customers.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arrr, aye, but me done found if ye conserves ye rum, it be lastin' longer! ;)

That isnt conserving per say, but if that is what you call it then that is awesome for you. All I saw was a glass of rum with a trickle of tea, perhaps it erally was the other way around!

:D

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Noone. I was just curious. That isn't my cup of tea per say, but if that is what you are into then that is awesome for you.
That isnt conserving per say, but if that is what you call it then that is awesome for you. All I saw was a glass of rum with a trickle of tea, perhaps it erally was the other way around!

:D

Arrrrr, ye two do seem ta think alike, but weren't ye at each others' throats earlier? And me was too conservin'!!

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you were one of the people banned, how would you know the people that were banned did not dupe items?
I don't think we know what really happened.

C

canary

Personally I would be relieved in they announced the closing of UO, most of my friends do not or rarely play but keep open accounts just on the basis that ONE DAY UO will actually turn around... would save us all a few bucks a month.

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I said was they banned people for owning duped items whether the created them or not. I say this because that what jeremy told us. What they didnt do was to ban the people who created 1000's or weapon and armor peices with the duped items they had possessec and used. I say this because I walked thru Luna in ATL. Never said the people banned weren't duppers.