• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] What I give thanks for...

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Dear Rares community.
There was a lot of negative stuff in general chat yesterday. I wanted to take the time today to give thanks to our community. Sometimes one person, or a couple people do something negative, and its a heavier and more noticeable cloud than the good that a whole crowd can do.

I want to point out, that this community is filled with awesome people.

• There are people here that have lent hours on end of time to lend an ear to someone in distress.
  • There are people like scribbles who will camp someone's castle when someone's account was hacked, and replace it and give it back to the owner.
  • There are people here that have and will camp someone's idoc, while trying to get ahold of them to warn them that their house is falling, and collect the rares to return.
  • There are people who have paged relentlessly to gms when someone was seen looting a hacked account
  • There are people like @Nails Warstein who dedicate tons of time to do Rares fest auction houses
  • There are people like @Toad Town, @blend and @shushu who have spent tons of time creating enjoyable events and fests spending tons and tons of their own gold and resources
  • There are tons of people who have spent countless hours taking pictures or giving me time to take pictures to preserve history
  • there are people like @Manticore who have spent countless years recording history so that everyone has something to look at, when they have questions about rares
  • There are people like Flutter and Longtooth that have taken jobs here that no one else would ever wish to have
This list honestly could go on and on, and never stop! I can't possibly mention everyone's name who has affected this community in a positive way... or have affected lives in this community in a positive way.

For all of those who think their good deeds go unnoticed or unappreciated, know that it is not! Thanks just isn't vocalized enough in everyone's busy lives. However what you do makes a pathway for someone else to pay it forward, and combats the negativity in this world. Every positive thing you have done affects the world in ways you may never see or realize. When no one tries to do positive things, it is when the world is lost.

One of my favorite songs that makes tons of sense to me is "Through Heaven's Eyes" -Prince of Egypt
Please take time to listen to it if you haven't heard it.

So this Thanksgiving I give thanks and a toast to all you good people!

And one more song for the road for all those to remember to hang onto today, enjoy who you have in your lives now before it is too late!

Cheers Everyone! :pint:
-Lady Aurora

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I am a newer member of the community, but I would like to add that I have seen a lot of what Decadence mentions. I've now seen Scribbles at least twice take a significant amount of effort/time on behalf of community members who were about to lose a house (or houses); I've imposed on Nails for uncountable quantities of advice - price quotes, information, item origin, etc. that he kindly provided; I've used the invaluable lists made by Decadence and Manticore often; I've had kind people like Brian help move things from inaccessible shards; and a long list of people who have taken the time to give me a tour of their own collection.

So thank you all

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you everyone, for making the rares community the best community in all of UO. We may fight sometimes, but that just shows that we are deeply passionate about the community and everyone in it :)

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am one of those home owners that Scribbles has helped, more than once! Deca has answered many of my endless streams of questions, as has Nails. Longtooths is incredibly generous, as is Scott. I don't want to go on with this list as it could go on and on, like Deca already said.

Thank you to all of you who take the time to share and spread love in a community that often times gets viewed in a negative way. I am truly blessed to be a part of this!!

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
Guys I love everyone on this site and in this game more then u know and maybe how I did things was the wrong way to do things lessoned learned but andwhen the same people are on icq acting like their your friends and plotting on you in game on other charecters its a total mind **** i just wanted to draw the line in the sand and see who are the people that care and who are these people trying to get me maybe im not as wise as most on here but believe me my love for this community is strong if u sit back and saw yourself loosing around 6 bill in items in 3 weeks i know each everyone one of us all would freak out too and u can ask scribbles blue fly etc I had stuff stolen while an advisor was watching me deco he told me to release an empty box but there were no empty boxes so I related a full one thinking OK finally we got this stalker the thief was caught advisor instead of giving me my stuff let him take it I wish the advisor would have told me he was in the house instead of the whole releasing something if he wasn't going to get my stuff back I admit I went extreme in my rares and items revenge plot but I am.extreme and again I'm sorry but please understand I live this place extremely

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then theres people like Decadence who do so much for the community and truly expect nothing in return. She is one of the purest souls I've personally met in a long time and I am truly thankful she is who she is.

*Cheers* Happy Thanksgiving all.

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've sung the praises of Decadence to far too many people already ... but to reiterate, she is the most trustworthy and honest broker I've dealt with and has gone over and beyond to ensure even the most difficult customers/friends are satisfied.

Love ya Deca! :)

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've sung the praises of Decadence to far too many people already ... but to reiterate, she is the most trustworthy and honest broker I've dealt with and has gone over and beyond to ensure even the most difficult customers/friends are satisfied.

Love ya Deca! :)
Aww thank you so much for the wonderful praise!! Oo such warm and fuzzy feelings :) I am honored to have friends like you!! :heart: :heart:

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk 2