• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What has really changed?

T

tune71

When Ea Land opened up, I personally felt the game became exciting again. I was happy to start from scratch and was proud of every skill point i earned and was so impressed by how the houses that went from nothing to actual houses. Now that the merge has happened, we have people with maxed skills again and houses that have everything and then some. So my little house that i worked so hard for is pretty much nothing in this world now. We now have a ability to buy money , so we also have sims that are no longer busting their butts to make money. Other than cc being added and payouts lower.. What has really changed?
I am being patient and waiting to see where the game goes, but i have lost interest in it. I find myself logging on , then pretty much logging right off again because it feels to much like work to play. I don't mind working in the game, but now i feel that we aren't on a even playing field again! I know I could just go buy money as well, but where is the game play in that? Wasn't that the whole reason for changing the game? I have been searching out other games with friends from the sims and even waiting 8 hours for one game to download just to find something that can bring back the feeling of a "game". Makes me sad, because I have listened to many on this board say they were quitting and it always made me feel like they wern't giving it a chance. Now I find myself feeling the same way. I personally think they should have wiped it all and started over.. ( I know many disagree) But I think it would of made it more exciting, than us waiting for these "great changes" to find that it is just the same game.
Just my opinion, for what it is worth!

G

I agree 100%. The game is no longer on a level playing field. For those of us who can't afford (or refuse) to use the ATM's, we are at a disadvantage. I bought a lot in EA Land when it opened and built up a nice house. It has taken me so long to make enough to where I will be able to afford cooking food, maid, repairman, etc and not worry about the money, my house is already too far behind to try and get on the top 100 list. I am still proud of my house, but I can't share it with the masses. So, instead of trying to get a top 10 house, I am now going to change my personal goals and keep going.

G

The game became a Commercial Place for EA's Games. Devs are planning to add the ability for Pogo games, other EA games. etc. to be playable in EA-Land.

G

oh yeah I heard about that. But, they have to get the game running properly first. Why do you think the dev team is working so hard to fix all the problems? They have a deadline to make. If they don't make it... who knows what will happen then.

L

luvibunni

<blockquote><hr>

The game became a Commercial Place for EA's Games. Devs are planning to add the ability for Pogo games, other EA games. etc. to be playable in EA-Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oo Really? And then will sim players have to pay for that on top of our monthly fee? oo

BabiDoll~
*concerns me..

G

From my understanding, it will become like the PS3 lobby area. Where you go online and have portals to go to other games. No extra charge unless you go to the games.

T

tune71

those of us who play this game, we started because we like The Sims, right? So now we are no longer Sims. So does this mean in the future they will take away everything Sims related? Will we skill, make money in the same way, even need our houses anymore? Or do you think our Avatars are just going to be our little chat Avatar in the game? I know the Devs have been very good to us,by keeping communication between players and them, but somehow i feel that we don't have the whole picture here. I can tell you right now if someone opened a game that was "The Sims Online" I would be leaving Ea Land!

G

From everything I have heard, we will stay with the skilling, money and such as it is now (well, i hope with a bit of tweaking). Changing the name is part of getting this game away from the Sims franchise that EA must do. The only thing left with the sim name in it is the money... and that will be changing soon.

T

tune71

<blockquote><hr>

From everything I have heard, we will stay with the skilling, money and such as it is now (well, i hope with a bit of tweaking). Changing the name is part of getting this game away from the Sims franchise that EA must do. The only thing left with the sim name in it is the money... and that will be changing soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
well for me at this point, i feel that the game has turned into nothing more than a sweat shop for us. Same game, but way worse as payouts are low, skills decay faster, things are still priced high. Many of the things that have changed, I may have been able to handle if we all were on a even playing field. I was so excited that i almost pee'd my pants when Ea Land finally opened. I was counting down the minutes and got in there right away. I had a blast meeting up with old friends and starting over. Now that all that excitment has worn off and I look at the game, nothing really good has come of the changes. I can't even see half of the cc, i crash to desktop everytime i land on my own property, and the main topic of conversation in the game now is pancakes about how people hate it! I am not one of these people that will say "I pay 9.99 a month for what??" I will continue paying without playing to see where it goes. But I am off to make new friends and many are going with me to find a new game to escape my rl in . As far as if the game will keep the needs and ect that The Sims game has, remains to be seen, But i have a feeling that it is going in a very different direction and right now we are wasting our time on things that probably will have no meaning when the game is finally finished. I know the game is in Beta, but i didn't sign on to be a beta tester. I wouldn't have offered to pay to test a game, I joined TSO.