• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what happens to pets in stable after you quit uo?

• Thread starter imported_Sirion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Sirion

what happens to pets in stable after you quit uo? (Will the stable master continue to charge you until no more gold? or...?)

G

dunno if the pets would stay if you no longer paid for the account, but they changed stable fees long ago. its just a 1 time 30g fee, you can leave a pet in there for years and never pay another gold.

Rey~

G

No, it's 30g per 'week'. The thing is, the game calculates a week as "24h X 7d = 168h" and does not tick away the timer unless you are logged in with that character. A 'week' can last forever if you never log in.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Years ago, when pets were actually stabled on the NPC stable master rather than your character you would have to take your pet out of the stable at least once a week or it would be deleted. So that 30gp you paid only kept your pet in room and board for a real life week.

When pet bonding was introduced they kept the same 30gp charge to stable but your pet will not be deleted if you fail to “refresh” it once a week as you needed to do with the old NPC stable system. They just did not bother to change the text of the message you got when you stabled the pet.

Unless something has changed that I don’t know about the 30gp stable charge is assessed only when you actually stable the pet not on a per-week basis (i.e. you pay the initial 30gp to stable and the pet will stay there forever at no additional cost).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unless something has changed that I don’t know about the 30gp stable charge is assessed only when you actually stable the pet not on a per-week basis (i.e. you pay the initial 30gp to stable and the pet will stay there forever at no additional cost).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is correct. You are NOT charged 30gp a week no matter how long your character stays logged in or out. It is a one time fee. Period.