• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Happened???

• Thread starter imported_rpsky3
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_rpsky3

I seen that EA was reopened, went on and seen an old friend from JP.. was talking to him and next thing i know, i got error 23 and it took me to the select a sim screen and all cities are off line!!! now what????
i am very angry at this game, i lost alot as it was, was told by EA games online thru phone that since the cities were closed and all would go to ea land, that i was supposed to take a bullet train, (i had no idea what that was at first) so i did, then found out, i lost everything! all my houses on 5 accounts, most of my rares and about 90 percent of my items that i had ( i had stores most cities) trees and cannons... this is really making me upset!!
now what is going on, i am getting to the point that I want to give up on this game... i have been so faithful in paying all these years, maybe not played in so long due to severe illness, but at least i was paying for them all! i even lost a sim (hubbys sim) as he is no place to be found! instead in his slot that would have been AV, is his sim from BV! this is screwed up!

edited to correct a spelling error lol.. sorry

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I seen that EA was reopened, went on and seen an old friend from JP.. was talking to him and next thing i know, i got error 23 and it took me to the select a sim screen and all cities are off line!!! now what????
i am very angry at this game, i lost alot as it was, was told by EA games online thru phone that since the cities were closed and all would go to ea land, that i was supposed to take a bullet train, (i had no idea what that was at first) so i did, then found out, i lost everything! all my houses on 5 accounts, most of my rares and about 90 percent of my items that i had ( i had stores most cities) trees and cannons... this is really making me upset!!
now what is going on, i am getting to the point that I want to give up on this game... i have been so faithful in paying all these years, maybe not played in so long due to severe illness, but at least i was paying for them all! i even lost a sim (hubbys sim) as he is no place to be found! instead in his slot that would have been AV, is his sim from BV! this is screwed up!

edited to correct a spelling error lol.. sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

I very sorry to hear what happened to you. I would be very upset too. I took the bullet train and took all my valuables with me and we all arrived in one piece. My hubbys sim was left behind to grab the properties, and i'm curious to see how it turns out. I hope there's a way of recovering some of your things.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Are you kidding me?

There is a sticky 'Red thumb' tack thread at the top of City Hall that explains EAland...the merge and all that good stuff. It would do you well to cool off and go read it.

All the cities are offline and are in the process of being merged into EAland.

If your accounts were in good standing, then your stuff minus the money should all be intact once your cities merge.

If your accounts were past due, then there will be an amnesty given...I think the date was sometime in March.

First off...if you are running the 'client'...sometimes the 'select a sim' page gets a little wacked...it doesn't mean the sims aren't there. And I trust that once the old cities 'merge'...this will probably fix itself.

Did you realize that you can have 8 sims in EAland? So you can go ahead and make a couple of sims and start playing in EAland now whilst you wait for your other to get merged.

I'm sorry but having had recent experience with a couple of other online games...I think that TSO has by far the BEST Development team and probably the A#1 response to ingame problems. Sometimes we players need to learn to be patient.

I

imported_rpsky3

i dont think i NEED to cool off. I have been in good standing and have been paying 50.00 every month for 5 accounts. and this is the way i am treated. I have been more in the hospital and in bed then actually at my computer. i never missed a payment. I called the 800 number and was walked through and everything. This happened AFTER Production cities were closed and was told that all would be fine and follow. Not before.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I'm a little confused on what exactly happened.

You took the bullet train for all of your sims? Instead of waiting for the merge?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I'm a bit confused too?

Is it that you didn't know they'd be closing the old cities before the merges? Is it just that the old sims are not showing up on the selection screen?

I'm sure that if they were in your old cities previously and your up-to-date, then it's just a matter of waiting for them to merge.

As I stated previously, if you are using the 'client.exe', some of the production city sims are not showing up on the selection page. I know mine aren't. But if I log in under TSO.exe, I see them and can scroll through them. The way the updater responds really as nothing to do with the TSO site and more to do with the security software we are running that is not allowing some of the updates to take effect on our stored game folders. But I do understand that the dev team is working hard to fix this problem.

I don't really think the people at the 800 number can really help you because things are changing so quickly on the game...they probably just don't have the information.

Check out Lee Fancy here on the boards and send him a pm here explaining your problem. We have a relatively small team but they are responding to problems and may be able to give you some reassurances that your investment is still there.

I totally understand frustration and I get frustrated too from time to time.

I

imported_rpsky3

the cities were closed down, and i was unable to log into stratics. so i called the 800 number to EA. They walked me through how to use the "bullet" and told me that everything will soon follow and that i would be able to play now in EA Land. Then, when i did get into game the next day, i was checking out the city, and was told otherwise, I finally got to get into the boards, (with help from contacting them) and when talking to Parizad, found out I was really misinformed and mislead and now lost nearly everything. my oldest sim is 1684 days old. I am not new to the game, been playing forever, just had to deal with real life health issues, but still paid for all 5 accounts.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Ok so you took the bullet train, which means you come without your property.

Have your sims arrived in EA Land with none of your items? Or have they not arrived yet?

If you took the bullet train, all of your items should have come with, everything but money and property.

I'm sorry they misinformed you, with the bullet train you shouldn't have lost your objects.

I

imported_rpsky3

i found that out later. wow so much for trusting the "new" company so to speak. Yes, I lost alot of things. trees, ultra rare pets, cannons, and my husbands sim. him and i both tried to log in different way, on his laptop and on my computer and he is no place to be found. Parizad already told me there was nothing that can be done.. so why bother the devs?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Did he just 'miss' the train? If so, he should still be in the old city and probably will show up once it is merged?

I

imported_Qute Pi

But something is not right.
When you open your sims account, can you see more than 3 sims? Can you use the arrow to go over a few spots?

I

imported_rpsky3

yes, but it does not scroll or do anything on any of my accounts

I

imported_Qute Pi

ok, you have to change the target line on the icon you use to open your 2nd account.

So..you have 2 icons on your desktop? You use 1 to open the first account, and the 2nd to open the 2nd account, correct?

I

imported_Qute Pi

ok...lol

You still use the original TSO installed game right?
I can walk you through it, maybe we can do this on yahoo?
Do you have yahoo?

Edited to add: Can you copy and paste the target line you have on your icon so I can see?

I

imported_rpsky3

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w

then i did the ea land patch from the boards so i can play in ea land

I

imported_Qute Pi

ok you shouldn't be using just the tsoclient icon.

Your first icon should be a shortcut from: Maxis/TheSimsOnline/TSOPatch folder and inside there is an icon TSO.exe

Your second icon should be a shortcut from: Maxis/TheSimsOnline/TSOClient folder and inside there is the TSOClient.exe

After you have both of them on your desktop you need to change the target lines.

I'll copy and paste mine, which work, so hopefully they will work for you also. Some people have different endings, not sure the difference, I just know whats working for me lol.

My TSO.exe icon has a target line of:
"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w -r800x600

and my TSOClient icon has a target line of:
"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

That should allow you to scroll over and see all your sims on all your accounts...
Let us know what happens.