What happened ?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 4, 2012
i must commend all of you on this discussion. This thread has been a pleasure to read given the degree of constructive commentary and shows a loyal player base looking to better the game playing experience. that being said i think much of seige's problem exists through out most prodo shards as well. that is mainly that are player base is quite scaled back at the moment. six months ago on chessy we had all factions spoken for and some good fighting. recently you can check spawns regularly and see no activity. our guild did a 5 man harry last week and 1 person showed up to challenge. (he was probably just a spectator)

my point is and i hope having bonnie bumped up helps this as what ea really needs to do is get some fresh interest in this game or do something to bring many of the old players back. i put my char out in the open at luna bank 2 days ago for 3 hours and was still alive when i came back.

i dunno. maybe its just the summer and theres better things to do. maybe its the economy. i just think were in the valley regarding player base population at this point in time.

i hope it changes, as i really love this game. going back to my original point, you can see the class of the loyal playerbase in this thread.

have a good weekend.

Reactions: Noble Beast

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
I am Hoffs, aka Natalia. The central problem here is that there ARE no NEW graduates to speak of. Since I put an emmy back in NEW a few months back, I have guilded a fair number of people, but only a handful have ever lasted. From memory:

SpreadEm and his friends, who spent a couple of days in NEW and then form VNTY.
Viscount Goop, Kano and maybe one other who were recruited by Spred into VNTY.
Chumlee, who joined O-S.
Gnomad was a guy who was in NEW a long time. He dropped out and was never heard from again.
There was a sampire guy, whose name escapes me, who dropped out eventually. He would have been a good fit for Gilfane but I didn't try and recruit him. He asked in chat a few times for an I4NI rep, but then disappeared after a couple of days.
Garth Grey dropped out of NEW last week. I recommended he join I4NI, but he seemed reluctant to join any guild and I haven't seen him for a few days.
Mari and Joey, who graduated last week and joined Gilfane. Prior to that and back in March there was Lathari, the guy who has been trying to bring the ATL guilds across. I don't remember any more NEW guys who have joined us this year. So please take a moment to take that info in. Three Gilfane members this year, or at least the past few months, all of whom joined by request. Okay?

Yes, we desperately miss Shalimar, and Tina too, as I often tell my guildmates. But the central problem is just the lack of people coming to the shard and the lack of activity that is left on Siege. If you don't want to be a goody-goody and you don't want to be in factions, you are pretty much screwed at the moment when it comes to guilds, aren't you?

However, to set your minds at ease, I am no longer going to guild people on my NEW emmy. I don't really enjoy doing it and just put her in because there was nobody left to run NEW and I like to do what is good for the shard, which many people don't seem to believe. But I'm not prepared to do it any longer. Hopefully Shalimar will be able to come on soon and we can get some different people as helpers.
I"m still here, I"m also Silent Hill. My sincerest apologies for dropping out of NEW early, I didnt realize there was a graduation ceremony of sorts, and a meeting of other guilds for possible membership. I only had 6 days left, and didn't really know what the benefits of remaining for 6 days would do for me. I love NEW, i love the concept behind it, the books, the guildhouse, the people, the help. This shard is awesome in many ways. Don't get rid of NEW. And I'm not going anywhere. :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
Sprago, you wonder why Alcor is upset? You've essentially accused him of driving every new graduate towards GIL It's simply not the case. GIL has not actively recruited anyone for over three years Alcor is very much the most ethical and impartial person I've ever met. In an effort to help the shard and to help NEW he has been the only active emissary for that organization. Through your jealous accusations, you've prompted him to quit doing that. And now, anyone coming to Siege will not have the benefit of joining NEW as he was the last active emissary for the organization. Let's hope Shalimar is able to return at some point.

In the mean time, stop complaining about the lack of recruits. If people want to join a faction guild, they will, if they don't, they won't.
Ok, Natalia was nothing but a representative of NEW when I joined, she mentioned Gil one time I think, along with other guilds that I could join if I wanted. Hoffs, although I only ran into her once, never mentioned Gil at all, and was nice enough to allow me to loot more crap in a single setting than I ever have since I started playing UO...just sayin.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
Ok, after reading the entire thread (and chiming in prematurely), i've come to the conclusion that this turn of events sucks......

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Ok, after reading the entire thread (and chiming in prematurely), i've come to the conclusion that this turn of events sucks......
Yes. It does.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Yes. It does.
Yeah it was a bad turn of events. But I think this thread brought some good too. The old NEW may be "gone" but a new NEW has been born one that looks to be getting more help in terms of people then the last one has had for quite sometime. Not to mention we have the beginnings of a plan to perhaps bring some new players here. So this thread had a lot of positive things too. :)

- Kaisa

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada baby!!
Why would Freja need to do all the legwork and search out guilds and recruit emmy's from them?? People have posted here expressing their concern that their guild hasn't been given a fair shake by the NEW guild. If they want to be involved in this one they should be talking to Freja. Isn't it enough that she will be required to devote a fair amount of her own game time to assisting new players without adding this responsibility?? Perhaps Freja should also add an emmy in everyone's guild so that she can also take on the burden of guilding them as well.

Reactions: IanJames

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Why would Freja need to do all the legwork and search out guilds and recruit emmy's from them?? People have posted here expressing their concern that their guild hasn't been given a fair shake by the NEW guild. If they want to be involved in this one they should be talking to Freja. Isn't it enough that she will be required to devote a fair amount of her own game time to assisting new players without adding this responsibility?? Perhaps Freja should also add an emmy in everyone's guild so that she can also take on the burden of guilding them as well.
Don't worried about me, I'm a big girl, I will handle this my way :)
All her can access the new forum for NEW2, all they need to a stratics account. Newborn on Siege 2 | Stratics Forums
If they want to promote their guild, they can post there, give me a book for the GH, invite NEW members to hunt and events. I may have NEW Leaders who also play in an other guild, that's fine and yes TDO may gain a few members from this too. I advice players to follow their heart aand find a guild their fit their playstyle.

We really miss MyUO guildforum as there is no where for a new players to find info about the guilds right now or players do not use the places there are. I will make a sticky thread for info about the guilds of Siege on Newborn on Siege 2 | Stratics Forums . Make a post there, telling about your guild.

Lets get over this and move on and help each others bringing Siege back to life.

Reactions: Sprago