• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to ImaNewbie comics on Stratics?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone stated on our forum they could not find the ImaNewbie website anymore. I did several Google searches and looked over the Stratics website, but could not find the ImaNewbie area that used to be here.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are going to make my head explode with nostalgia soon, first Midas and not this!

btw, great frigging comics

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
shame, seems they do not work anymore i tihnk it was a few months ago i last read them, my link goes to stratics too now:(

B

Beer_Cayse

go to the web archive but give it time to load the link page. one with * after them do appear to be dead however the others might be fun.

ImANewbie was a laff and a half in its day.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pics don't seem to want to load, and I have this error at the top of the page and since I haven't a clue what it means, figured maybe one of you do...... appears to be banner related?

X

Xena Dragon

I just resurrected imanewbie!

See
http://imanewbie.com/

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - we had the site but it was buried in an archive.

One of my favorite cartoons is the secret cow level :)

See
http://imanewbie.com/diabtoons/diab07.shtml
Thanks George !

There's another comics site that we host, who's main URL has become unreachable since the server move. The URL to there is http://bones.stratics.com . The files for that section are stored on the UO Stratics website, and reachable via http://uo.stratics.com/bones/html/index.html

And looking at it, the advertisements in that section probably need to be updated to TGN standards. Current ad code still points to UGO and isn't working.

NotACpa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, as of 7 a.m. eastern daylight savings time (GMT -0500), on Sunday August 15th, 2010 - the address http://www.imanewbie.com/ has become a full page advertisement for a site named UHDO.com - selling Rolex wrist watches. This appears to be a full replacement of the source page - not just a hijacked link.

If http://www.imanewbie.com/ is still supposed to belong to Stratics, then either :

a) They've had their site hacked and page(s) replaced .. or
b) Stratics is adding fine watches for sale as another product offering.

The way things go nowadays, one is about as likely as the other.

add'l edit { I pm'm George Vanous about this.

G

George

Found the problem! (Thank you Petra and Tazar for bringing this to my attention)

The problem is our server's IP changed when I upgraded the server hosting his site to Grid hosting.

I emailed Mike Hanley (the owner of imanewbie.com) the fix, to change his imanewbie.com DNS A record to 173.201.231.216

Not that I have anything against Rolex watches, but I prefer his comics :)

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm seriously considering mirroring this on UOGuide when/if it finally comes back up.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yuppers. Blank Page coming up now.... I wanted to read these in the john too! :(

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Miridor,

Thank you for telling us! I sent word to our guys Stephen and George. I don't want to just find out why it's not there but why we lost it again. I'll update you as soon as I know something!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty Petra.

Dang I was clicking every link in this thread and got all messed up pages. I was banging my head against my puter desk :p. Finally the last link worked :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine too ! Ima comics have revealed some pretty disturbing truths about the nature of the power structures in UO...

I'm agreably surprised they are allowed, since we repudiated Lum the Mad it seems.

This is great :hug:

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Always loved these comics.. they are so slose to my own beginning days in UO.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They really make you remember how much the game has changed huh? Read episode 126 and notice how many of these ideas got implemented over the years in one form or another..

I was pretty excited when they started Veteran Rewards.. I thought my Ethereal Horse was so cool! Still have it actually.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My favorite has got to be episode 4. That sums up the noob experience in the first years of the game. It was that or the bottom level of a dungeon....

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank You Miridor for bringing these comics back to our attention. I had never heard of these until today. I loved them - talk about flasbacks! :)

Miridor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
imanewbie site on stratics is down.

the link in the lore section leads to an account registration form.

www.imanewbie.com works!! =D

Last edited:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I know @Ron Bron was hosting it at least through 5 January 2015. At that point, the creator/domain owner switched registrars and was going to get in touch with Ron about updating the info. I lost visibility after that, but I'll forward the new senior leadership team the creator's e-mail address.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I know @Ron Bron was hosting it at least through 5 January 2015. At that point, the creator/domain owner switched registrars and was going to get in touch with Ron about updating the info. I lost visibility after that, but I'll forward the new senior leadership team the creator's e-mail address.
Thanks, Taylor. We will look into this and see about getting a permanent solution sorted.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe its time for someone to start a new one with his long lost relatives...StillaNewbie , JustaNewbie, and O'lordaNewbie

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that talented.
Not so hard. Just use a little imagination

Just picture this in your mind and a quick sample...

A MeanolaVet was sitting on her front porch. In the distance she sees a traveler coming her direction.

The traveler walks up to MeanolaVet and she says " Oh Lord its a newbie."

The traveler corrects her by saying "No O'lordaNewbie is my cousin. I am StillaNewbie."

MeanolaVet responds "How can I help you?"

StillaNewbie " I'm out to make my fortune and in search of a God that I hear walks these lands that may help me gain my fortune quicker."

MeanolaVet "Oh you are one of those. I know of one that walks in the woods in the back of my house. She disguises herself to blend in with the other creatures of this world,. No need to fear her but she looks like a Troll."

Stillanewbie "Really! I cant wait to talk to her but do you know her name?"

MeanolaVet "Yes her name is Merlina but again you must not be scared and walk up to her and ask for your fortune."

So StillaNewbie goes into the woods and searches for Merlina and sees the Troll walking around the woods. He approaches the Troll.

StillaNewbie "Oh great Merlina I am here to find out a quicker way to make my fortune."

Troll takes one swing at StillaNewbie and he is face planted in the ground.

StillaNewbie groans "Ouch, I thought you were Merlina."

Troll "No, I am Not Merlina. I am better looking."

Now all you would have to do is just do it in game with probably 7 screen shots at most and do some editing and be done :)

*On a side note no trolls were injured during my imagination trip*

Last edited: