• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What exactly does 'friending' a pet do?

C

Coragin

I got two accounts, one tamer on each. What does friending a pet do exactly? Can I have one account control both pets if they are friended and have the skill to control them?

Account one has a greater dragon, so does account two. If I friend both dragons to the other accounts, will both accounts be able to command both dragons to kill with the "All kill" command?

If so, that rules!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the only time I use friending a pet is if I have a blue beetle and I'm letting someone put or take things out of it. Not sure what all you can do if your friended to a greater dragon.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to allowing a friended player to load stuff in a beetle or packy, friending a pet allows the friended player to issue movement commands to the pet. However, it does NOT allow the friended person to issue the attack command. The friended pet will not respond to attack commands from a friended player.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
..... However, it does NOT allow the friended person to issue the attack command. The friended pet will not respond to attack commands from a friended player.
Old thread, but exactly what I wanted to know.... So, a belated thx to ya, Aibal

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to allowing a friended player to load stuff in a beetle or packy, friending a pet allows the friended player to issue movement commands to the pet. However, it does NOT allow the friended person to issue the attack command. The friended pet will not respond to attack commands from a friended player.
This be true indeed. "Follow" is a common tool when doing Champ spawns. Have a GD follow a wither Necromancer. The pet attracts the mob and the Necro takes it all out quickly.