• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What does your UO day look like?

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
When you log in what do you do during your game time ? Do you do some crafting ? Start with some hunting or just bank sit? Interested to see what people do during there game play.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(1) Saying Hi to all. Asking how they are.
(2) Checking vendors and mailboxes.
(3) Doing a round of Dungeon Stealing for Cleanup-Points.
(4) Hunting a bit solo (eg keys) while setting up a schedule for group hunts.
(5) Trying to group-hunt ;)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Currently:

1) Farming the crap out of Blackthorn to get stuff for the event throwers I'm making (mace & shield glasses on every shard + Crimson Cincture)
2) pvp. If VERY bored, I'll go to Yew Gate. Otherwise I'm at spawns killing HOT.
3) If I hear about any IDOCs in vent, camp them

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greeting folks as i login and encounter, check vendors, maintain plants, crafting (consumables) normally done in marathon sessions, which is one example of a "day project" .. other days i just chill and doesn't rally accomplish much, just small random things, lately i haven't been hunting much and if i do it normally group hunts, roof or another peerless encounter :)

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
1. Pick up daily rares.
2. Run my round to steal spawning artifacts.
3. Camp one of the spawning artifacts.
4. Plan/execute house building/decorating project.
5. Kill something.

or... :smile2:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Light days (like now, when interest is low):

1. Monkey around with decoing my castle, a work in progress for 2 years with little to show for it

2. Farm a Blackthorn artie or smuggler lantern

3. Check tameables

4. Check vendor search for interesting stuff

Higher enthusiasm days (getting sparse as I realize no amount of heartburn is going to make the info flow from the producer any better until the position is changed):

1. Run a lvl 6 or 7 tmap

2. Run a cluster of SoSs

3. Farm Miasma

4. Key a peerless

5. Train a pet

After not logging in for almost two weeks it has been a while since I've had a high activity day. This weekend I logged to do a little trading. I tried EVE these past few weeks and the difference in communication from official staff is just mind blowing. If UO is the only thing you play it is easy to accept that our semirandom updates or getting official statements in the form of cryptic meet and greet statements is standard, but it really isn't.

I'm really hoping this anniversary countdown ties to an update in the game store (including the Robe, or we are really getting outside the bounds of "soon") and better information on some upcoming changes (like a pick of the spider mount that has been hinted at since last spring).

I can honestly say this has been a rough summer in uo activity. I always thought I would keep an account no matter how little I played but I actually started moving stuff around thinking about closing accts. I'm paid up through Christmas. Between now and then I need a reason for more high activity days than I'm currently getting, or I may finally call it.

Sorry, got a bit off topic, something I've been chewing on for a few weeks now.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have UO days anymore. Once in a while I have days where I squeeze in a little UO. Too much to do around the house/yard in preperation for Fall....love me some Fall...Samuel Adams Seasonals FTW !!

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh, I made almost the very same thread some time after you OP. Didn't occur to me to check if such had just popped in the same morning;l

Me, I'll be grinding fishing and watching some movie with the other eye.
And sacrificing a bunny on altar of UOA..I'd not have it in me to train fishing anymore without it. : p

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Log on to shard S to get RoT gain.
Log out.
Log on to shard L
See if Guild is on.
Farm KoTL Artie's
Log off.
Log on to shard S
Get RoT
Log off
Log onto STO
Doff assignment
Admiralty Mission
Farm EC and Dilithium
Kill Klingons
Log out
Log on to Shard S get ROT gain
Rinse and Repeat.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly that is the problem with VvV and the real reason people join. VvV needs to be renamed AVM (Artie Vending Machine)
Sadly this is semi true. It was a lazy attempt to make multi shard PvPers more vast since they refuse to put effort into the game other than tram..dinosaurs? Anywho

- check shards for pvp (that consists of literally just checking DSP cause I'm lazy)
- Template theory craft
- get lost in thought
- go into notes on my phone and try to make a template work
- get bored start watching YouTube
- time out d/c from UO
- do something different..

..not trolling, that literally happens almost every time I log in these days :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Bring my Doom thief home to unload (Sonoma). Pick up a few things on Siege. Empty a mailbox out. Change the Siege house back to private. Check other shards for the 19th anniversary as I got a request from another shard for a trade.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just use the vvv ones. So much easier!
Meh. I could, but I'd eventually have to replace them. I don't plan on doing towns on them (although I could on most shards), it'd be no problem to actually replace them when they do break. By doing it the stupid way, I don't have to replace them, nor will I have to buy them.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly this is semi true. It was a lazy attempt to make multi shard PvPers more vast since they refuse to put effort into the game other than tram..dinosaurs?
This is no different than Faction Arties, the whole system is being abused and isn't it funny that all the arties are better than the ones they are copied off of. When is UO gonna open their eyes, Fel lure didn't work, Faction lure didn't work and now VvV lure isn't working.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Check the islands I inhabit for scripter.
2. Kill the nasty scripters, although they seem not to be on my islands anymore.
3. Lurk in GC, If you don't talk they don't know you are on, if they don't know you are on no one hunts you down and tries to kill you.
4. Of late run off 5-40 low level T maps to clear out the Davies
5. Check Luna for Bank Sitters to steal from.
6. Kill Tsuki Wolves for 500k
7. Mine 2k-3k saltpeter
8. work on shrinking the pile of cotton and wool on the spinning wheels and loom.
9. Check islands for scripters again, kill as needed.
10. Do a couple of spawns after everyone has gone to bed.
11. Sort through all the crap I collected through the day.
12. unravel junky loot.
13. start another crate of crap to hoard.
14. drop all the T maps, tasty treats, skeleton keys, and reforge junk in the trash for points.
15. Hop on ship and do 2-3 pirates and 5-6 merch ships.
16. add to resource piles.
17. trash copper wire, reforge junk, smuggler crates and bottles for more points.
18. Dry dock ship.
19. Lumber Jack for a while.
20. Do another spawn or two before people start waking up.
21. Log out sleep a few hours and repeat.
22. Be glad when I can only play a couple of hours a week again :)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is no different than Faction Arties, the whole system is being abused and isn't it funny that all the arties are better than the ones they are copied off of. When is UO gonna open their eyes, Fel lure didn't work, Faction lure didn't work and now VvV lure isn't working.
VvV has a completely different artifact system minus the gear looks and attributes. You can wear VvV artifacts and never ever go to fel unless it's to stand on 5 alters afk and collect your valiant awarded artifact. You can wear an artifact on your crafter and bank sit if you so see fit. The argument is honestly moot now. The devs made it an easy button for all. Which ISSS stupid. It should take some real effort and talent to get them which it doesn't even on the MOST "populated" shard, but I'd suspect you'd be crying that you couldn't get the same artifacts as PvPers on your fisherman because that isn't your game style.

It's not about lure..in no way shape or form do I intend or even remotely want you lured to fel, nor does the 90% of the active PvP community. I want to actually fight people with skill, or even fight a fledging of people eager to learn. There's no honor or accomplishment in killing a measly miner. The miners that are killed today are afk, and much harder to kill..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least with factions there were some up sides like the towns, and a side economy for faction silver. I just can't see a point to VvV at all other than to obtain the arties with little to no effort that need repaired ever couple of hours. Factions were not perfect but they were a lot better overall than VvV IMO.

Enziet

Journeyman
Well I joined a large very active guild so I spend large portions of my time chilling with them.

I can also be found hunting artifacts and nifty unique loots. I love killing Cyclops they are my favorite things to kill. "Humanoids".

I also work my crafting and gathering professions, restock vendors, things of that sort.

I've been playing for about 18 years now, I have never had an issue with finding things to do. This game has so many opportunities to feel as you've accomplished something tangible every time you login :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Typically I log in nearly every a.m. with Landreu and do a BoD run to town. Other than that he doesn't spend much time in the Lands. He has started training alchemy though to help with the fuse making.

Tanivar, with the arrival of Fall, is back to doing his gathering routine, which is good since I made a couple bazaar vendors happy campers before drifting away for the summer. Got a lot to restock, especially lumber, ingots, and stone. He just started selling cannon fuses so he'll be cussing the RNG a lot. Finding a dozen or so niter a trip is nice, finding three or four a trip gets him cranky. *unplug my ears a moment to see if Tan is done cussing over his last trip out yet and promptly replug them*

Tanivar does some serious hunting during hunts ran by the Doctor but other than those he's just out building up Landreu's and his crafting stockpiles. Too laid back I guess. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
See if there's any chat going on while I sip coffee. Check vendor search for anything interesting. Check my vendors and stock as necessary. Then whatever.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My UO day is just about over, I was across several shards, trading, training, shopping, attending an 911 service on Chessy, a T-hunt on Sonoma, time for bed as I need to be up very early so good night all, sweet dreams to all you ladies. Good nite folks.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well now that I have finally finished getting all of the tokens across my 14 accounts I just log on and get overwhelmed. Every time I log in the theme song to Hoarders tv show plays in the back of my head. Hehe

I need to go thru all of my stuff and take inventory of what I have and get rid of what I don't need.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Joining TS.
If nobody there unravel Junk armor, sorting Container, Training skills
Thinking about next 211dexxer Outfit
Preparing roof rooms
Roof
Finding stuff, i looked last week for, during Castle cleanup. Forget which Container it was in case i need the item next week.
Swear that this will never happen again. Start resorting stuff. Get TS call, put bag in next avail container, move to alli action.

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lately...
I log in, run a few laps around my castle, open a few chests, and time out since I started surfing the internet.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get bods then harvest stuff from house addons check my plants do some bods go kill some stuff for ingredients, mine, chop wood, kill things for leather do some SOS or some low level maps.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Today I was shard surfing, came across an old char on one of the Asia Shard, I had been under the impression that only bonded pets would instantly log, so I was a little surprised to see a tamed packer with the char, now I have not been on this shard in years yet there it was. I checked the bank so I had a little over 5k there so I went and put it in the stables after feeding it fruit.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My uo day usually consists of doing an exodus run, then throwing the garbage loot on the ground of luna bank and watching everyone there waiting to see who makes the first move at the free loot. Its rather comical. Other then that its bank sitting while playing eve online.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My typical UO Day?

1. Open Stratics
    1. Check new account Registrations
    2. Check Open Reports
    3. Check for any PM's or Alerts
    4. Check Skype for Messages
    5. Check e-mail for Stratics related content, respond as necessary and time allows.
    6. Walk the Dog
  2. Get Ready for Work
    1. Load Skype and wait for messages.
    2. Check all of the above on breaks except walking the dog.
  3. Open Stratics
    1. Do Everything in Section (1) again except walk the dog.
  4. Work on outstanding projects
    1. Test modifications locally when applicable
      1. Login to the Server and apply changes when applicable
      2. Update To Do: List
      3. Work with other staff members to fine tune modifcations
    2. Add new items to To Do: List
  5. Research possible future projects for Stratics.
  6. Eat
  7. Repeat (4)
  8. Repeat (1)
  9. Sleep
  10. Repeat 5 days a week the other 2 spend all day preforming steps 1, 4 and 5.
Seriously, I don't have time to play anything right now, all my time is spent working on projects for the UO Community here at Stratics.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I know that one!

I used to do that for weeks nonstop!
Back in the day i'd buy all of the NPC tailors out of "shuttles" and use them to make bolts of cloth.
Talk about tedious!

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Watch general chat for good trades.
Train my new animal tamer alt.
Mainly making a second tamer cause I realise that it's ******** that I do the heavy work in Shadowguard xD .. and since I loot so slow I miss out on my own loot before it goes public.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately I've been spending about 30 mins getting things set up then about 3-4hrs LOLing my butt off :) :devil: :p
Welcome to MY Keep..... visitors will be dismounted and revealed ASAP :twak: :thumbup:
Pic quality has been reduced and pasted together from a few different shots to show the whole picture :popcorn::lol:

Tera Keep Trap.gif
Tera Keep10.jpg
Tera Keep11.jpg

Last edited: