• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you need to make best scrappers possible?

B

Bill420

I've been told multiple things and I am trying to figure out what I need to purchase or alter for the best chance at a good scrappers?

120 mage real skill, 100 inscribe..... inscribe bonus tali (is it the exc bonus or reg inscribe bonus which is best?)

Anything else?

I

imported_xStrikerx

120 real mage skill and 100 inscription is all you really need. I dont think Scrappers can be crafted exceptionally bu it has no affect on the number or intensity of mods anyways. All exceptional does for spellbooks is allow you to put your name on it.

G

You don't need 120 real Magery. Jewlery can be subbed for all spellbooks. Tali Inscr bonus helps for success chance, yet, Excep inscr bonus is a waste on books.

G

A hell of a lot of LUCK!! and no I dont mean on your char by putting on luck pieces I mean being lucky in RL.

Though i have heard touching your nose while chanting UO Loves ME! and turning in a circle 3x before clicking on the make button in inscription might help . . . or maybe you just get dizzy and the book stats looks better because you cant focus on them

B

Bill420

haha, sounds good, thank you for the info!

Just to double chk though a tali makes no difference at all other than chance of success which is kind of irrelevant anyhow?

I

imported_Calla Lily

The higher the magery, the more/better mods you get. My question is, if you have 120 Magery already, then add magery jewelry above that, does it continue to increase the mods, or does it tap out when you hit 120 magery?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like the mods are based on real skill, not jeweled skills.
Anyone else find that the mods seemed to be based on real skill?
So I would have to say, no you wouldn't be able to increase your odds by increasing your magery over 120 with jewels.
But you never know. The RNG is a funny thing!

G

It has been discussed elsewhere in the forum that you just need 120 magery, wheather real or via jewels.
I make regular spellbooks w/good mods all the time with 100 magery + jewels for 120. However, I've never made scrappers.

Talismans will show a slight increase in the success chance of MAKING the item, not in mods, but the actual book. You have to click out the menu and go back in to see the increase in success chance.
Tali will help you not fail as much, does not help you get more/better mods.
Again, this is my experience in regular spellbooks, so it's supposed to be same theory for scrappers.

M

MysticLlamaFTW

I don't know what the "best" possible scrapper is, or how many total points get distributed to possible bonuses. (like, how many "points" is a slayer property worth?)
But years ago, when scrappers came out, I made one with only 115 magery (real, not scrolled to 120) 100 scribe, and a 23/23-ish tali, and out came one with 11 meditation and 16 lrc. To this day, I've seen a good few 10 skill/15 lrc ones, and only one other 11/16-er.

Edit: Well, I've just found LadyNico's post.. i guess 3 modders would be the "best" ones then

G

It is quite possible to make a really good 3 mod maxed out book with less than 120, but you have a better chance at higher magery levels.