• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] What do you *do* with the loot?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lots of things have changed since I used to t-hunt. So now I've done some t-hunting and started figuring some items to keep. Besides attempting to sell on a vendor, what exactly do you *do* with the loot?

For instance, this week, I dug up the following two items -

Mystic Leather Tunic
Resists 17-19-18-13-18
Hit Point Increase 5
Mana Increase 8
Hit Chance Increase 1%
Lower Mana Cost 10%

Leather Gloves
Resists 2-4-3-8-3
Hit Point Increase 5
Mana Regen 3
Luck 100
Reflect Physical Damage 20%

Set aside any comments about whther this is keepable or not, what are my options for improving? Imbue, Reforge, Amalgamate, are new terms. I have some runic hammers and some spined kits, some essense and polishes and stuff, but not a clue where to start.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of mine I unravel to be honest, but to help your understanding -
You can only imbue items with 5 properties or less, and if the total 'imbuing weight' is below the cap. If there are 5 properties you can really only increase or decrease an existing property. You can't remove properties, but some properties can replace others. Skill bonuses can be replaced by another skill in the same group, hit spell affects can be replaced by another hit spell.

Reforging can only be done on a plain, no properties item and is mostly done on exceptional crafted items. It is done by an imbuer using an appropriate runic tool.

Amalgamate is something you do with refinements, a bit like combining power scrolls to make a better one. Refinement is a method of increasing the resist cap in an element, while reducing the defence chance increase cap or of increasing the dci cap while reducing the resist cap. It doesn't actually add or remove resists or dci, you still have to have the property on your suit.

I would suggest you read the pages on uo2.stratics.com for a fuller understanding.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides attempting to sell on a vendor, what exactly do you *do* with the loot?
I would of left them in the chest. Unless I was training imbuing in which case I would of taken the whole contents to get gains from unravelling.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So imbuiing is really the only option for treasure chest loot. So let's take that Mystic Leather Tunic above. If it's a keeper, what would you do with it?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing is only an option if there is room to even imbue the current mods higher or there is a free imbue slot.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at that tunic you won't be able to imbue as it will be over 500 intensity. You could enhance it though.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok, I'm back to my original confusion. I get the 500 intensity limitation; if I only keep 500 intensity items or above, I suppose there is no reason to have imbuing since I'll never be able to imbue. Right? So just two messages ago above, I was thinking imbuing was the only option, now imbuing is not an option. I should enhance instead. Do I need a special tool or ingredients to enhance?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That doesn't appear to be a drop, it's available online only? What in-game options are there?

I'm coming to the conclusion that my strategy is a) unravel everything, b) sell the relics, c) buy what I want.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it has to be purchased from the Origin.com store or purchased from a player vendor.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I'm back to my original confusion. I get the 500 intensity limitation; if I only keep 500 intensity items or above, I suppose there is no reason to have imbuing since I'll never be able to imbue. Right?
I'm not sure what you mean by "no reason to have imbuing." Let's say you get a ring with +10 dexterity only and no other mods. Now that would be a nice ring to imbue with other properties you need for a dexxer. Or a ring with 4 MR and 10 Int - a nice ring to imbue for a mage. Generally, the loot that's useful for imbuing for a treasure chest just has one or two properties that you can't imbue yourself, and you build around that.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That doesn't appear to be a drop, it's available online only? What in-game options are there?

I'm coming to the conclusion that my strategy is a) unravel everything, b) sell the relics, c) buy what I want.
Or, unravel everything and use the ingredients to make what you want yourself. A crafter with 120 imbuing, 120 tailoring and 100 arms lore can make suits good enough to face almost anything in the game. (The only reason I can see spending 10s or 100s of millions is if you PvP and want to get an edge against others.)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I unravel most of it and keep whatever i think another character might be able to use. Some things i keep on hopes of a sale but i'm loosing hope in that.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I take a bag with me when I do chests... I stash all items that don't weigh 50 stones and put those on corpses or the artie bag near the chest. Then I drop the bag off at my house. Looks like a sea of doodie bags for when I log in with my imbuer to unravel. LOL The items make good cleanup points too... You can sell the relic frags and imbuing ingredients if you don't need em. 60 Relic frags = 120 Imbuing PS.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I still keep hoping that the loot I find is worthwhile. I like the idea of wearing what I dig up. For instance, my t-hunter is currently wearing the following. What can I do and I what order (referee, enhance, imbue) to make it better?

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I do sos's. That means you get the whole chest you can take home with you. Some of the other things I fish up I either put on the vendor or toss for points. Regs I save, gold to my bank, armor to boxes for new imbuers to unravel. The regs I keep and the only scrolls Ive been saving are gate, recall, and mark.