• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you believe will give us more players?

Vote for changes you believe will help Siege. You can vote for as many as you want

• Total voters

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I too like Siege as it is but I would like to see more players and I'm not really looking for Trammel players but for the ones who like the freedom we have on Siege, that be crafters, PvM'ers, PvP'ers etc.

I collected some opinions from other thread. You can vote for all or a few, the question is, what do you believe will help the shard as whole getting more active.

Here is the options, I had to cut some of them a little on the Poll. and yes I added a few more. If I forgot some, I will add them.

- 2 char slots
- 5-7 char slots

- Recall with a delay like gate spell
- Gating from book with 0 magery

- Normal shards vendor prices, do away with 3 x prices
- Less Vendor fee

- Have the Felucca bonus to luck, fame and resourceson all facets
- Turn on everything. (tots, farties, arties) every kind of special drop stuff turn it all on. but make it where you have to goto certain spots to farm specific items.
- Better resist on items, increase basis resist on both monster drop and crafted items
- reimplement the VvV artifacts but make them lootable and usable by anyone to prevent those bad PKs from getting too much of an edge...

- add Item Insurance
- add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings. this way you can wear those extra fancy pieces like a crimmy and a slither. This would help everyone. farmers can farm and than these items would actually sell.
- Add option to Siege bless one item for each item slot on the paperdoll = a suit with weapon / spellbook and one item not in a slot, could be a pet ball or a music item or a crafting tools

- Nerf stealthing. Give the option of auto detect if you have the detect hidden kill, and when one is revealed make them stay revealed as long the line of sight is not broken.

- Less ghost houses, if house owner had not logged into the shard for 90 days, let house fall

- Reduce landmass. Remove t2a and put the peerless in felucca. remove ilshenar and put necessary dungeons or encounters (exodus) elsewhere.

- Rot - all timers set to 3-5 minutes. waitin more than 5 minutes for a gain is silly.

- get rid of pardons and royal forged pardons. Bring back the true (red) PKs!

- Governors, have a total of only 8 towns this would be for the entire shard. Governors control town, they set prices, guards, let them hire a finance minster to help. governor would control if town was vvv capable, if not it would cost more money.

- Make Return to Britain be active permenent on Siege (no house placing). That would help returning players and we could help them with the dread account management system.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Freja, none of those things are going to work. All that stuff are changes that want to be made by people already playing Siege not the people actually thinking about coming here. There is only one difference about Siege that people really know, and that is no item insurance. All the other crap they probably havent even heard about. This horse has been beaten to death Freja let it go. No one is listening.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja, none of those things are going to work. All that stuff are changes that want to be made by people already playing Siege not the people actually thinking about coming here
I both want the ones who play to stay, new to join and players to return. (Edited as I think I came of a little rude, sorry)

There is only one difference about Siege that people really know, and that is no item insurance.
And that is a very important part of Siege in my opinion, one thing I hope to keep.

All the other crap they probably havent even heard about. This horse has been beaten to death Freja let it go. No one is listening.
It's not only about making them come back or make a char on Siege, it's also about making them stay and making them play.

I just refuse to let Siege die. I do not agree with all the options, but I choose the one posted in other thread. Now lets see if there are any of them, the shard can agree about.

Last edited:

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So you mean, let the one who play Siege quit and make a old school PvP shard? That won't work.

And that is a very important part of Siege in my opinion, one thing I hope to keep.

It's not only about making them come back or make a char on Siege, it's also about making them stay and making them play.

I just refuse to let Siege die. I do not agree with all the options, but I choose the one posted in other thread. Now lets see if there are any of them, the shard can agree about.
What do you mean you refuse to let Siege die? Freja how much more dead can it get? When your the only one left here? Is that when you will call it dead? I think this post should have been made where people who dont play Siege will look. What do they really want? Ive made a comeback recently, and in my little time to play ive been looking to kill people, and im dry looting everytime. Just doing my part to bring people to Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am going to post on UHall too, but had not decided if I should send them here to vote or make a poll there, saying something like, what would make you play Siege?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok I made a poll on UHall too

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
adding things that prod servers don't offer will be a high advantage to siege such as the
turn on all tots... drops etc

once other players hear that siege offers that and no other shards do it will cause players to come here.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
adding things that prod servers don't offer will be a high advantage to siege such as the

once other players hear that siege offers that and no other shards do it will cause players to come here.
Agree, I believe that will help

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

or they will just demand it be turned on for all shards to be fair...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You poll leaves much to be desired. I love the way you only put YOUR ideas for insurance and blessings, but no one elses.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You poll leaves much to be desired. I love the way you only put YOUR ideas for insurance and blessings, but no one elses.
That's not true, this "add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings" are Bo's idea, copied from his post.

The whole text was:

add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings. this way you can wear those extra fancy pieces like a crimmy and a slither. This would help everyone. farmers can farm and than these items would actually sell.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not true, this "add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings" are Bo's idea, copied from his post.

The whole text was:

add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings. this way you can wear those extra fancy pieces like a crimmy and a slither. This would help everyone. farmers can farm and than these items would actually sell.
It wasn't Bo's idea. You suggested it months ago when I was talking about all equipped items being Siege Blessable. Blessing only a few is not going to allow players to get back to having fun quickly. Crafters aren't going to carry the exact piece someone loses, which means if I want to keep playing, I will have to log on my crafter and HOPE that I have all the necessary crap I need to make that piece or however many I lost.

You just MISS the ENTIRE point of Siege Bless Insurance by limiting the blessings to only a few items!!! Why can't you understand this?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It wasn't Bo's idea. You suggested it months ago when I was talking about all equipped items being Siege Blessable.
That is in the poll, I just added one items so Pet ball or something else could be blessed too. That was your idea, sorry I did changes it a little.

- Add option to Siege bless one item for each item slot on the paperdoll = a suit with weapon / spellbook and one item not in a slot, could be a pet ball or a music item or a crafting tools
However, I did not vote for any of them as I don't like blessing or Item Insurance, but that's my opinion

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is in the poll, I just added one items so Pet ball or something else could be blessed too. That was your idea, sorry I did changes it a little.

However, I did not vote for any of them as I don't like blessing or Item Insurance, but that's my opinion
Thank you for adding it, Freja. I know most probably won't vote for it, but it's nice to have it available for a vote.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thank you for adding it, Freja. I know most probably won't vote for it, but it's nice to have it available for a vote.
I did not add it, it had been in the poll all the time :)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, well I did not see it before. My apologies!

Can you explain the Return to Britannia thing? Are you asking that inactive accounts be playable for free... forever?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Can you explain the Return to Britannia thing? Are you asking that inactive accounts be playable for free... forever?
Apologies accepted :heart:

With the Return to Britain thing, I was thinking of a better way for returning players to come back than Trial account. Let them login their old account, play the game at least on Fel, Ilshena and Malas but without being able to place a house.
This way, they can try the game while fighting the Account Manages system.

Right now I have BAAL and Tapio J-D back. We had a hell getting BAAL's account, not sure if Tapio successed it.
I had seen so many return on Trial account and give up, if they at least could be on their real account while trying activate it, we would have a way better chance to help them back as paying customers.
Also I had a friend pay one of my accounts, because he could not afford to pay his own. Having a few playing without paying would make the shard feels more alive and make it easier ro draw back old Siege players.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive made a comeback recently, and in my little time to play ive been looking to kill people, and im dry looting everytime. Just doing my part to bring people to Siege.
Having much luck pking? You folks have made survivors out of us you know. Since getting killed endlessly by stud talk babbling pks got old, we've learned to make your getting your jollies a bit more difficult for you. :p

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you please add a "No/Anti" option for each of these options, basically doubling the size of the poll? It would be good to see the preference vs non-preference side by side.

*edited to remove negative connotation*

Last edited:

BAAL

Adventurer
I too like Siege as it is but I would like to see more players and I'm not really looking for Trammel players but for the ones who like the freedom we have on Siege, that be crafters, PvM'ers, PvP'ers etc.

I collected some opinions from other thread. You can vote for all or a few, the question is, what do you believe will help the shard as whole getting more active.

Here is the options, I had to cut some of them a little on the Poll. and yes I added a few more. If I forgot some, I will add them.

- 2 char slots
- 5-7 char slots

- Recall with a delay like gate spell
- Gating from book with 0 magery

- Normal shards vendor prices, do away with 3 x prices
- Less Vendor fee

- Have the Felucca bonus to luck, fame and resourceson all facets
- Turn on everything. (tots, farties, arties) every kind of special drop stuff turn it all on. but make it where you have to goto certain spots to farm specific items.
- Better resist on items, increase basis resist on both monster drop and crafted items
- reimplement the VvV artifacts but make them lootable and usable by anyone to prevent those bad PKs from getting too much of an edge...

- add Item Insurance
- add maybe 3-4 more siege blessings. this way you can wear those extra fancy pieces like a crimmy and a slither. This would help everyone. farmers can farm and than these items would actually sell.

- Nerf stealthing. Give the option of auto detect if you have the detect hidden kill, and when one is revealed make them stay revealed as long the line of sight is not broken.

- Less ghost houses, if house owner had not logged into the shard for 90 days, let house fall

- Reduce landmass. Remove t2a and put the peerless in felucca. remove ilshenar and put necessary dungeons or encounters (exodus) elsewhere.

- Rot - all timers set to 3-5 minutes. waitin more than 5 minutes for a gain is silly.

- get rid of pardons and royal forged pardons. Bring back the true (red) PKs!

- Governors, have a total of only 8 towns this would be for the entire shard. Governors control town, they set prices, guards, let them hire a finance minster to help. governor would control if town was vvv capable, if not it would cost more money.

- Make Return to Britain be active permenent on Siege (no house placing). That would help returning players and we could help them with the dread account management system.
With siege I always liked the fact that if you died your loot was up for grabs. It meant try not to die lol. As a pk I have looted and lost a lot of loot. It helps with the economy keeps reds buying suits, kegs, jewls etc.. Which kept a purpose for the blue collar workers on siege. You would always run a risk leaving with the best armor or whatever was on you. Now everyone wants to run around with the best possible gear with no fear of losing it. To me that's not what made uo great. The farming and fights meant so much more.. still to this day hard to find a game that can replace the struggle and glory of uo. I do hope the numbers grow but until the game is balanced its gonna be a bunch of well armed blues looking for someone to kill them (but not loot ) lol. Ill stick around with this hope

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologies accepted :heart:

With the Return to Britain thing, I was thinking of a better way for returning players to come back than Trial account. Let them login their old account, play the game at least on Fel, Ilshena and Malas but without being able to place a house.
This way, they can try the game while fighting the Account Manages system.

Right now I have BAAL and Tapio J-D back. We had a hell getting BAAL's account, not sure if Tapio successed it.
I had seen so many return on Trial account and give up, if they at least could be on their real account while trying activate it, we would have a way better chance to help them back as paying customers.
Also I had a friend pay one of my accounts, because he could not afford to pay his own. Having a few playing without paying would make the shard feels more alive and make it easier ro draw back old Siege players.
I could support that, but maybe with a 2 week window of free play. I suggest that because I can see people with multiple accounts abusing that.

For instance: I have 3 active accounts at the moment. If Return to Britannia was permanently active here, I could easily stop billing on two accounts that do not have a house and just play those characters indefinitely for free. I don't personally have a problem with that.. I just see the potential abuse, but if EA is okay with it, I am too!

I do agree that idea could bring back more Siege players.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can you please add a "No/Anti" option for each of these options, basically doubling the size of the poll? It would be good to see the preference vs non-preference side by side.

*edited to remove negative connotation*
Tried but seem like I used max of options and can't add more :(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I could support that, but maybe with a 2 week window of free play. I suggest that because I can see people with multiple accounts abusing that.

For instance: I have 3 active accounts at the moment. If Return to Britannia was permanently active here, I could easily stop billing on two accounts that do not have a house and just play those characters indefinitely for free. I don't personally have a problem with that.. I just see the potential abuse, but if EA is okay with it, I am too!

I do agree that idea could bring back more Siege players.
True but one having one active account and playing 3 inactive too would not really hurt that much as they can't place houses on the inactive accounts unless they abuse the 90 days rule and pay 3 month a year.
As we only have one char on an account, it could help the ones who only can afford one account. If we had more char slot, it would work much the same.

We could add, that they can't run a vendor or stall vendor with an inactive account and can't access co-owner secure. It would still allow returning players to play, find some new friends, guild and want to get their own house and access all facets.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Having much luck pking? You folks have made survivors out of us you know. Since getting killed endlessly by stud talk babbling pks got old, we've learned to make your getting your jollies a bit more difficult for you. :p
LoL made you survivors? The only reason half of the "survivors" play here is because there are very few pk's left. A lot of people here now just want to say they play with risk, but if the risk was really here and they were getting pk'ed on a regular basis I doubt they would be here long. As far as making it difficult for me? The only hard part about killin is finding people to get my "jollies".

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes head in, hears signs of life*
My reason for not playing much - I try to manage to pop in briefly about once a month - is simply that I do not have much free time.
If some wonderful person would like to pay all my monthly bills, including my UO accounts, provide free internet, and feed my family, I give you my pledge that I will be here almost every day!
(Yes, I am asking you to pay me to play UO. I don't expect any serious responses.)

But, one idea that keeps popping up over the years to encourage new players is the shard transfer one. Limited items, certainly. One-way, certainly. But our RoT system, which I personally love, puts people who are used to the other methods off. Let them bring their fully-formed character over - or even clone one - and let's see what happens.

*goes back to lurking*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True but one having one active account and playing 3 inactive too would not really hurt that much as they can't place houses on the inactive accounts unless they abuse the 90 days rule and pay 3 month a year.
As we only have one char on an account, it could help the ones who only can afford one account. If we had more char slot, it would work much the same.

We could add, that they can't run a vendor or stall vendor with an inactive account and can't access co-owner secure. It would still allow returning players to play, find some new friends, guild and want to get their own house and access all facets.
It isn't me you have to convince. I like the idea, but I'm not so sure EA will be okay with allowing people to play for free for an unlimited amount of time.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people here now just want to say they play with risk, but if the risk was really here and they were getting pk'ed on a regular basis I doubt they would be here long.
Then don't pk so much you drive your prey away.

Your prey has to be able to have fun in among the dirtnaps or they will leave, and there are 26 Trammels these days, if needed, to have fun on if the pkers won't allow us to have fun on Siege. If I couldn't make it back to town at least every other trip out to gather, yeah, I'd likely leave.

Your hyenas, if you wipe out your prey in a killing frenzy, then you starve once your done.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Who say, his victims do not have fun. Who know how you would react if you really did get PK'ed, maybe it would not be as bad as you fear.
Go get him Feanaro :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who say, his victims do not have fun. Who know how you would react if you really did get PK'ed, maybe it would not be as bad as you fear.
Go get him Feanaro :)
*hangs a bullseye on his back and moons both of you...* :D

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your hyenas, if you wipe out your prey in a killing frenzy, then you starve once your done.
This is exactly what happened on Atlantic, all the pk'ers killed everyone who went to felucca so many times with res killing and all that stuff, that now very few people bother to go there. These days the only way pk'ers attract new people to felucca is by using tricks like dropping gold checks (before the new currency system) in a long line leading from the moongate to outside the guardzone where the person gets ambushed, killed, dry looted, and trash talked in general chat for an hour. I'm sure having to spend 5m to lure someone into a trap for every kill gets expensive lol, especially since checks were blessed and could not be looted back after the ambush.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Then don't pk so much you drive your prey away.

Your prey has to be able to have fun in among the dirtnaps or they will leave, and there are 26 Trammels these days, if needed, to have fun on if the pkers won't allow us to have fun on Siege. If I couldn't make it back to town at least every other trip out to gather, yeah, I'd likely leave.

Im not saying I want to drive people away, but when this server was full of reds it was still thriving. You can say you play on Siege, but your not playing on anything remotely close to what Siege was suppose to be.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This is exactly what happened on Atlantic, all the pk'ers killed everyone who went to felucca so many times with res killing and all that stuff, that now very few people bother to go there. These days the only way pk'ers attract new people to felucca is by using tricks like dropping gold checks (before the new currency system) in a long line leading from the moongate to outside the guardzone where the person gets ambushed, killed, dry looted, and trash talked in general chat for an hour. I'm sure having to spend 5m to lure someone into a trap for every kill gets expensive lol, especially since checks were blessed and could not be looted back after the ambush.
The diff is, if PK's act like jerks on Siege, karma can be a pancake and they may be the ones who do not make it on Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The diff is, if PK's act like jerks on Siege, karma can be a ***** and they may be the ones who do not make it on Siege.
Eh... I dunno. The carebear stare really isn't all that effective, especially now a days with soulstones and all, people can provide for themselves. The whole shard has shunned people before with no result. I feel like the community policing only worked back in the early aughts where you could really disrupt someones game if you made an effort.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some of my opinion ~

I suppose Less Vendor fees would be my top choice of all of the vote listings.
Lower costs may encourage vendors to maintain more offerings in stock, and be of the most benefit to some folks' experience here, particularly early on.

I am mostly convinced on the insurance idea too, though - I do like the aspect of limit of equipped items only, insurance or bless, from some of the conversations in this thread.
I can understand why some really dislike this suggestion. Perhaps as many would be put off as would be gained by such a change.

I initially didn't like the Second House Siege, nor the Mythic/Advanced token, allowance changes that have occured already, but they have probably contributed to more people around in general.
It seems like i'm seeing some familiar names from the past recently. I guess this is Eodon content rather than collective changes like housing, tokens, etc.

I think that one of the most effective things to get players here is - discussion threads like this, and your UHall post.
For ME - a 'come try Siege' thread many moonstones ago, probably by you Freja (or perhaps it was Kelmo?), was what enticed me to really consider giving it a serious try.
I understand the idea (cant find the post, i think it was Garth?) that some Siege threads prompt many folks to 'hate us more', but it seems that that has always been the case, regardless of intent?

I think LordDog is on to the right idea too - give people things that aren't available elsewhere.

Some Siege debunking certainly comes out of threads like this, if the reader is of an open mind. I know it helped me to consider playing here.
I still think that some people believe that ROT (Rate-Over-Time) is a deterrent to skill gain, and misunderstand (I know i did) that it is, in effect, an accelerated GGS (Guaranteed-Gain-System)!

I don't think there is an ability to come to a consensus on a panacea (if I'm saying that right).

At least that's some of how I saw/see it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I suppose Less Vendor fees would be my top choice of all of the vote listings.
Lower costs may encourage vendors to maintain more offerings in stock, and be of the most benefit to some folks' experience here, particularly early on.
I agree, this one would be a great help and should be done. Siege never had problems with players using vendors for storage so let us get rid of this vendor fee.

I am mostly convinced on the insurance idea too, though - I do like the aspect of limit of equipped items only, insurance or bless, from some of the conversations in this thread.
I can understand why some really dislike this suggestion. Perhaps as many would be put off as would be gained by such a change.
It hard to know how it will end up, I fear adding Item Insurance as it will changes everything on Siege. It will hurt crafters and it will make player justice much harder. In my opinion, Item Insurance was a big mistake, special in Trammel, where players solo hard mobs and do not depend of friends. Challenge do make people stronger, making the game to easy, make it boring and make all cry for more easy play.

I initially didn't like the Second House Siege, nor the Mythic/Advanced token, allowance changes that have occured already, but they have probably contributed to more people around in general.
It seems like i'm seeing some familiar names from the past recently. I guess this is Eodon content rather than collective changes like housing, tokens, etc.
I believe both Second House and Mystic/Adv. token was a good thing for Siege. I would like to see a way for them to fall, if not used and I don't like when someone only pay 3 months a year to own a house. I know I own a small house, I rarely visit, my little Shame house, as it is a community house, holding a crystal portal and a tele. I would risk to lose it, if we made the 90 days rule, where owner had to visit it but I could live with that, if a lot ghost houses did fall.
I like Eodon and even when we got more land, I believe it is important, that Siege got it too. Very few agree to reduce land, other than the ones, who have hard finding victims.

I think that one of the most effective things to get players here is - discussion threads like this, and your UHall post.
For ME - a 'come try Siege' thread many moonstones ago, probably by you Freja (or perhaps it was Kelmo?), was what enticed me to really consider giving it a serious try.
I understand the idea (cant find the post, i think it was Garth?) that some Siege threads prompt many folks to 'hate us more', but it seems that that has always been the case, regardless of intent?
Yes I know, that my threads do get players to join Siege, a lot do believe Siege is like Fel, sometimes we need to tell them what we have. I believe we could do more. If someone can afford time to make events, where new Siege players would have a chance to get stuff they need to get started and to deco their first house, it could be great too.
Maybe GIL could make a new player action, with items/bags of stuff, a new Siege player need and no old Siege player would buy on. Maybe all could help donate to it. It could be a set of crafting add ons, a set of furnitures, chair and table or something else and annonce it on UHall with link to a Siege thread to get them on our forum.
Anything, that can make them make a char and go here, just don't give them gold to a house, let them work a little to make the gold, so they do not leave a dirt plot here.

I think LordDog is on to the right idea too - give people things that aren't available elsewhere.
Yes, if it is easier to get stuff, special for PvP/PvM, less will give up. Easier access to artifacts will help, and make sense as they get lost easy too. Also imbuing resources should have a better drop on Siege, that be Essences, SoR from spawn, or any other imbuing resources.

Some Siege debunking certainly comes out of threads like this, if the reader is of an open mind. I know it helped me to consider playing here.
I still think that some people believe that ROT (Rate-Over-Time) is a deterrent to skill gain, and misunderstand (I know i did) that it is, in effect, an accelerated GGS (Guaranteed-Gain-System)!
There are some, who keep telling new players, that Siege is a bad place, so hard and filled with jerks. I try to tell how I see it, but the Siege haters can be hard to dance with, lucky I like to dance :p

I don't think there is an ability to come to a consensus on a panacea
No get Siege to agree is not easy, but at least this poll show, where we could start, when we look at it together with the one on UHall, there are some changes, Siege can accept and UHall feel would work, we just need to be careful, not to changes Siege to a Prodo shard.

I would like most of the game we have now, but with some of the challenge we had in 1997 and I believe the risk for losing items are important but we need better ways to replace them. Let the items move around and let players depend more of friends.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Less Vendor fees. Its incredibly hard to start fresh here, and people from prodo shards go to luna to find vendors and find it completely empty and ... Yeah.

Need to be able to stock vendors :/

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
With Vendor Search, a lot moved their vendors out of the big city :)

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, but unlike Production, you can't just teleport to the vendor ( Unless im missing something... )

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sure, but unlike Production, you can't just teleport to the vendor ( Unless im missing something... )
No but we do have public moongates, and house teleporters and good mounts :p

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More players would be good as long as they don't come from Atlantic. We need new players to UO.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
More players would be good as long as they don't come from Atlantic. We need new players to UO.
Oh there may still be a gew good players on Atlantic, but I know what you do mean :p

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The biggest problem I have run into in getting anyone to return (or try) UO from their other games are the extensive costs to simply get back started. In fact, I was fortunate to have a few recent inactive accounts that already had the expansions and UOAssist (found this is needed for Cartographer) to give/loan away.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Agree, they sure need to offer a welcome back pack, that include all they need to play now, and maybe a welcome back token, that will give them a few item, that will help them get started again, do the same for new accounts.
And fix that Account Management, so they can get their old account active!

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is the only way that I would return to Siege. Subscription based games are a thing of the past and less profitable than f2p games.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the only way that I would return to Siege. Subscription based games are a thing of the past and less profitable than f2p games.
I am surely not against it! In fact, FTP is probably the only way I would stay at all at this point.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am surely not against it! In fact, FTP is probably the only way I would stay at all at this point.
If whoever is floating this game at the moment wanted to make a buck.. They would go to a f2p model with a cash store for cosmetic, convenience items.

Like many, I paid $15/month/account for more than a decade. But in the f2p games I've played since, I've spent hundreds in a single month.

Yes I understand that not everybody can buy stuff. But this isn't Pay to Win.. Let people spend more for development and attention. Or spend nothing and still enjoy the game for free.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk