• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what do I keep?? what should I be looking for?

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been hunting in Shame (working on disco and provo) but have only been keeping the relic items for unravelling but was wondering if there were items that I should be keeping as well? I dont want to be throwing away good items by mistake.
anyone give me a little advice on what I should be looking for? I kept a wide brim hat this am that had 109 resist already (960 imbuing already) but what else is worth keeping?
thanks

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any jewelrey with properties above their normal imbuing cap (e.g. MR 3) or with properties not imbuable (SSI) is worth keeping to either use or sell.

Stayin Alive,

BG

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's cursed, CBR, Brittle toss it or unravel it. Jewels with SDI 15+ or SSI 5+ with no other properties or properties that align with casting or dexxer templates are worth gold. Splintering weapons with 20+ sell well. Armor with high resists and other properties that work together.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Too many people assume you only keep stuff for immediate personal use or for resale, hence the hostility to the negative properties. But, for keeping for your own use, sometimes the negatives can be tolerated.

Cursed Jewelry that's 600+ intensity that fits a template will sometimes sell, or you can keep for your own use, especially if not for PvP.

Medable armor pieces with +6 or better mana regen, and INT/Mana bonuses are also good, even with CBR or brittle, to assemble suits out of for non-combat scribes. Just put together one suit of it at a time, keep in a chest, until you find a buyer - or use on your own scribe if you have a vendor that does scrolls. It's not like sitting at home using a pen damages your suit.

Similarly, if you do events with a combat character, or Exodus (And maybe other peerless & non-fel champs), consider putting together a "throw-away" suit to wear for those occasions out of parts that can't be repaired, but you probably won't find customers for them outside your own circle of friends. After all, if Grizzle (for example) is going to trash your suit, wouldn't you rather it be one you can throw away, rather than one you spent 100 million imbuing that can't be powdered?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's cursed, CBR, Brittle toss it or unravel it. Jewels with SDI 15+ or SSI 5+ with no other properties or properties that align with casting or dexxer templates are worth gold. Splintering weapons with 20+ sell well. Armor with high resists and other properties that work together.
I'm sorry, but this is a very narrow minded view that assumes that every person in the game is a "dexxer".

Items that carry Curse, Brittle, no repair have great value in many situations... Think training - think bards and archers.... Geesh there are a lot of reasons to look beyond the item's "short term dexxer market value".

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember that shame weapons may appear the grey colour but have 100% elemental damage, making them quite useful to some people.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but this is a very narrow minded view that assumes that every person in the game is a "dexxer".

Items that carry Curse, Brittle, no repair have great value in many situations... Think training - think bards and archers.... Geesh there are a lot of reasons to look beyond the item's "short term dexxer market value".
Since the OP asked what items they should be keeping and only specified GOOD as the qualification, I contributed what I consider GOOD since I have no way to know what the OP considers good. My list is by no means all inclusive so settle your feathers. If you want to wrap yourself up in CBR, Brittle, Cursed items by all means knock yourself out and horde away if that's YOUR opinion of GOOD.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Yahaxtonix and Kaisa for answering this question tonight for me. To share, on Siege, keep:
50% Damage Increase, 50 Hit Lightning, Spell Channeling, Splintering as high as possible, Armor 20 LRC, HCI/DCI 25%, Jewls - nightsight, FC1 blanks or 1/3, balanced archery weps!

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also mention any piece of Jewelry that has Stamina on it and is clean [no -luck]. I had a bracelet with 8 dex, 5 stam, 10 DI that recently sold for 40 mil on Atlantic. I'm new to the whole Shame loot system and didn't even realize the piece was worth much.