• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What did you do in Ultima this week?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm curious how (and where) other players spend their UO time. Thought it would be interesting to share our week ingame activities and which shard we did them. For me, from last Saturday until today:

Atlantic
Saturday, weekly UWF treasure hunt (my only Atlantic activity each week)

Siege Perilous
Sunday, weekly shard wide VvV battle (10 guild represented this week)
Monday, afternoon VvV 3 on 3 battle
Tuesday, Shadowguard roof guildhunt (got an Eodon Tribe slayer Anon spellbook!)
Random days, raising imbue, carpentry, fishing, and inscription

Legends
All week, built The Dread Library directly outside Luna East gate (I don't house build much, so a laborious process). Meant to be the home of my necro spellweaving Librarian.
Thursday, random GC invite from Odin resulted in four of us doing a Doom run. Got my first Doom run drop (yay!) But was Blade of Insanity (boo!)
Friday (planned) going to attempt Shadowguard Belfry (yuck!)

What about everyone else?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drachenfels: Designed some suits and chatted with friends.
Siege: Worked on imbuing and built my Pirate Bar at the shore, gathered deco and farmed loot.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do they give good loot / fame / resources? I've never thought of farming those.
Not bad bad loot considering the ease. Max ive seen is major artifacts running 950 luck from statue. One trip takes less than 30 min to fill up pack and run about 20-45 relics per trip. I just collect any major magic items or any artifact items. Whats nice is once you kill the dragon just ring the bell. By the time you sort the loot the next one spawns. They go down very quick with slayer fire double axe. Hit for 200-250 per double strike. Watch out for a rare blood oath lol.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Saturday - my sole Atlantic event. Yeager, my fool of a treasure hunter, led his weekly group T-Hunt that Silent Singer and 10 others attended...they kept throwing luck items onto poor Yeager whose account age and shower of odd items gave him around 3600 luck after he'd clicked the statue....and there was much rejoicing....seems these level 6 and 7 chests suddenly yielded stuff that pleased people.

Sunday and the rest of the week - kept working on my first Siege Perilous character, Aethelred.

That frontier shard has hooked me. Everything has value...I even loot the mongbats. Now this is just my personal view, but I feel I've been playing UO half awake these past few years due to the relative ease of game play, wealth of items I will NEVER lose and you know the deal. On Siege I feel....well....wide awake again. And eager to sheer sheep for bandages. Naturally that scene from Aliens came immediately to mind :)

My first Cu Sidhe bonded. No time to fully train the pet as I do on other shards before they ever see combat. Nope, time to go to work to farm honor, fame and begin the process of building sacrifice.

Difference is my tamer is NOT also close to a tank mage like my other tamers, loaded with items, maxed out DCI, 140+ hit points and all that.

Thus working Fan Dancer Dojo's Succubus room with an untrained Cu and noob gear wasn't going to work so well. But the Demon room nearby works out fine. Soon my Cu's skills were all in the 80s, I was lord, then not lord, then lord again, while putting 150k in the bank - real money on Siege.

Can't recall a week I've enjoyed more in a long, long time :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ansel,

Remind me to show you a great spot on Siege for tmaps. Great as in you get a lot without getting attacked. It is where I train all of my Cu Sidhes.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ansel,

Remind me to show you a great spot on Siege for tmaps. Great as in you get a lot without getting attacked. It is where I train all of my Cu Sidhes.
Oh it would simply be fun to do some t-maps with you. Given temporal whammies - time zones - I spend most evenings chatting with Freja....by the time you come on it's time to head to bed....or be told, by one of your characters, that it is ;)

The Demon room works out nicely due to the spawn rate. I just hit Whisper, hit my honor macro, let my Cu have at 'em, and the dog gains fast. They're natural demon slayers after all....although it looks like they're biting and chewing on their foes, they deal 50% cold and 50% energy damage while tossing on their own bandages. Thus no dead Demon need ever go unlooted :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege Perilous
That where my weekend started too.

Not sure what day I did what but my actions had been:
Freja:
- Hunting some tigers trying to get the last recipe I need and a few armor set pieces I need, looting gold, not to heavy magic and artifacts not 50 stones.
- Hanging out with guild members and friends, seen the new ones get a house and start feeling at home
- Fight a little if someone invite me (attack me)
- Try to find time to get back in the VvV towns

Tina Tink:
- Trying to stock my vendors, imbuing suits take a hell of time to make. Trying to look at Vendor Search, if any Add ons or other stuff a young Siege player may need was missing
- Crafting a few items for friends
- unraw magic stuff Freja drop off
- Repair her armor and bows
-Try to get time finish the deco of my castle after I moved crafting areal one floor up and added a lot granit tiles.

I only play Siege and do have a RL too :p

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Saturday, I bought my first High Seas boat, a nice Tokuno galleon named Desire II. Started running fishing quests.

Sunday, I continued running fishing quests, which got me decent gains (I'm not GM yet) and several messages in a bottle, white pearls, etc. I also managed to get myself killed by a stone gargoyle while turning in a fishing quest in Lost Lands. Laughed... a lot!

Monday, my crafter made a Pendant of the Magi for himself. My goal for him is to get 100% LRC without any armor. All he wears is clothing made by himself. He's at 90% LRC currently. Almost there.

The rest of the week was a combination of BOD running, fishing up chests (I had two ancient SoSs), and working on my bard. The SoS chase got me a Runed Driftwood Bow, which my fisherman will now use. It's a nice bow.... I like it.

All of this was on Lake Superior. I have a character on Siege, but I think trying to run a fisherman on two different shards would be too much, so I'm going to create a new character on Siege this weekend, and he'll be a crafter, which is honestly the way I like to play anyway.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Viewed Siege topics on Stratics :) Saw another one creep in today :(

Viewed obvious misinformation on Stratics about the 90 day idoc period :)

Stood up for the worlds military service people :)
Gave Giggles some e=love on the forums with a:heart:

Talked about cartoons on the forums :)

Think UO needs some Pandas though.

Oh! You meant in game, Nothing, nada, rein, niets, nichts and mitaan. I wasn't in UO at all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well for me it's pretty easy most always on GLs:

Monday (every other generally) is High Council sometimes preceded by the Royal Council with the King.

Tuesday EM event again GLs.

Thursday MoA Auctions.

I work weekends so Fri-Sunday are spent at work... I also work Wed nights so those are the three days I get to spend time in UO. I always hope that I can do something after those things.... but sadly I'm the only night owl most the time so the rest of the time I'm the only one on. Sometimes I can catch something on Siege.

When I'm left alone I do anything from Trade Quests, T-Maps, Fishing up MIBs... sometimes so deco/design sometimes just sorting.... sometimes hopping from shard to shard... sometimes working skills on the 90+ characters that I have been working on... but most the time I'm pretty bored with all that so I just go play Diablo or something... lately it's been Pirates: Tides of Fortune.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lake Superior. A couple of t-hunts, filled some bods, ran the Eodon turtle spawn a couple of times.

Did a community hunt in Ilshenar. Died about 50x to changelings, mostly because I was slowed down the whole time, I couldn't even cast a spell. I wasn't even sure there was a point until somebody in party said, "I got the eye."

I've been playing UO for 15 years and I have no idea what was going on.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think I logged in this week at all....
Oh wait, I logged in once to check my repair deed vendors lol.
Been busy working full time, and going to school full time, and creeping the forums when my brain needs a break.
Now I get to live vicariously through other UO players. Thanks for this thread! =D

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
atl event , crashed afew times and got sent away to shrine because too many people or what ever. shadow guard, turtle and other champs, bods. last but not least, worked on putting new stone stuff in castle. not fun at all still having issues with walls, gave up, need tips good ones lol

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Here are a few pics of the Dread Library outside Luna East gate on Legends. I've stocked a couple of vendors there with some really old parrots, rubble, Hephaestus, and a few knick knacks. Please stop by and look around. There are public portals available as well.

And thanks to DevilsOwn and Uriah for all their help!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
On Sunday I enjoyed the VvV battles. then I watched sports ball.
Monday I observed the PvP tournament on Atlantic. I don't get dueling, I guess.
The rest of the week I trained a new skill. About to GM fletching.
I chatted in gen chat, moved stuff around and wondered about the future.

*chuckles* One of my crew tries to remind me often that the future no longer really pertains to me.
:next:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hugs Kelmo.... yes the future does concern you...
Zosimus IN UO not here.... What did you do IN game.....

Hmm where do I begin....
Last week my main computer's cpu decided it was tired of its heat sink and fan and kicked it to the curb...frying the chip...
New main is on order....so lappy to the rescue!
Rebuilt the Atl vendor house, replaced vendors and stocked all day, and every day sense... (I feel like a vendor monkey)
Chased down where my son hid all the soulstone tokens.... if you ever want something hidden ask him to put it away.... you will never find it.
Changed out two accounts on house ownership... yes I am closing down more accounts..
But on the bright side I was able to place back a Tower for storage in tram on Atl.
Yesterday got all ready for fishing.... you don't want to see all my sos's.. only to find my lap top needs uoam..... its not working so I am waiting on son to take a look...
Today I have been on oh 12 shards chasing down items I was looking for all last year, you would be surprised the little nooks and cranny's a bank box can hide. I am still wondering why one of my son's characters has 125 empty bags in it.... no way am I disturbing that mess.
Still looking for info on the rose rug and the painting from the kings collection on its holding capacity and how long till it earns a pink...

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ran a PvP tournament with @SovietHammer. Did a few Ararat's. Hung out with the guild. Wondered about @Silent Singer 's avatar. Read some threads about 90 day decay timers. The usual stuff.

Last edited:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing, my accounts ran out of gametime and I need to renew, but I keep forgetting.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where have you been man? You ok?
Indeed. I have been busy at work, the other two supervisors changed jobs so it left me with 40 employees to supervise on all 3 shifts. it shouldn't last but a couple more weeks and then i'll be back to playing.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Nothing, my accounts ran out of gametime and I need to renew, but I keep forgetting.
No worries you have something like

90 DAYS!

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a couple events.

Worked on my new macer. Want to try something that's not a sampire. Hope that when I'm done and geared up that I like it.

Worked on deco in my new house . Realized that I don't like the way I built it but not sure if I wanna go through the hastle of moving everything out to redo it.

Did a little pvp. My template and gear is seriously out of date. Not sure if I have the drive or time or gold to fix this. It's almost a full time job to keep up on this stuff. God I miss the days where a gm suit of armor was good enough.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I did a couple events.

Worked on my new macer. Want to try something that's not a sampire. Hope that when I'm done and geared up that I like it.

Worked on deco in my new house . Realized that I don't like the way I built it but not sure if I wanna go through the hastle of moving everything out to redo it.

Did a little pvp. My template and gear is seriously out of date. Not sure if I have the drive or time or gold to fix this. It's almost a full time job to keep up on this stuff. God I miss the days where a gm suit of armor was good enough.

We should talk... ^whispers* call me.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I've been doing is logging in and grabbing BoDs each day the last few weeks. Still flamed out from all the *pancakes* that had been going on recently.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious how (and where) other players spend their UO time. Thought it would be interesting to share our week ingame activities and which shard we did them. For me, from last Saturday until today:

Atlantic
Saturday, weekly UWF treasure hunt (my only Atlantic activity each week)

Siege Perilous
Monday, afternoon VvV 3 on 3 battle
Tuesday, Shadowguard roof guildhunt (got an Eodon Tribe slayer Anon spellbook!)
Random days, raising imbue, carpentry, fishing, and inscription

Legends
All week, built The Dread Library directly outside Luna East gate (I don't house build much, so a laborious process). Meant to be the home of my necro spellweaving Librarian.
Thursday, random GC invite from Odin resulted in four of us doing a Doom run. Got my first Doom run drop (yay!) But was Blade of Insanity (boo!)
Friday (planned) going to attempt Shadowguard Belfry (yuck!)

What about everyone else?
Dropped my imbuing from 120 to 40 in a soul stone mishap. :sad2:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmmmmmm pancakes ::drools::
Probably why they chose *Pancakes* to replace the B word, we'll think, Oh dang that sounds good! and wander off to the kitchen and make some to eat while we read Stratics and be mellow while we munch. :)

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I mostly haven't played this month. Nobody I know really plays anymore, and honestly even if I had a trillion gold I can't think of anything I would particularly want to buy.