• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What DCI items you use in your Mage suit?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to know what people are using as far as dci in their Mage suits. I wish to free my hand of a shield.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Folded Steel Reading Glasses, Quiver of Infinity, Armor of Fortune, Conjurer's Garb, and 15 on weapon.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
how much dci on the garb?
I have to laugh... I was trying to figure out a 70 DCI mage suit yesterday and almost made the same post. I was toying with fitting in Fey Leggings, but they were killing my ability to still hit 40 LMC and 100 LRC. AoF is the solution with both DCI and LRC.

Conjurer's Garb has 5 DCI. Also Tangle had 5 DCI and Slither has 10 DCI as alternatives.

-OBSIDIAN-

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My necro/mage only has 55 dci, so he's not hld proof. He uses the basic necro/mage items: AOF, Folded Steel, Inquis, Orny, Crystalline, etc.

That said, if I had the money, I'd probably rework his suit to include Night Eyes (10 dci, 3 fcr) and Tangle (5 dci). With the 3 fcr from the glasses, I could change my jewels around so that they'd have 20 mage, 70 dci (not included a mage weapon), ep, and/or other mods on 'em. That would be pretty sweet.

C

Capt.E

70 dci suit:

Folded steel 15
Twinkling scimitar 18
AOF 15
Ring 8
Brace 3
Conjuror 5
Quiver of infinity 5

The ring is an ecru
Fc1
50 pots
8 dci
5 sdi
+5 magery

Brace
Fc1
Fcr 3
+15 magery
10 sdi
3 dci

Use inquis
totem of void
-20 sc no pen twink. I wish it was 21 dci instead of 18 but that (18) seems to be minimum.

Finish suit off with imbued arms legs and gorget with mr 2 lmc and lrc
Sash helps
I am currently trying to build a suit around navery glasses and pendant. Tough build. I also would really like the new apron. Would free up some mods for slot more mr.

V

Vertex

20 Fey Leggings
15 Imbued Ring
15 Imbued Bracelet
10 Slither Talisman
5 Quiver of Infinity
5 Conjurer's Garb

That is 70 DCI.

It also does not require DCI on your weapon (disarm), and leaves your head, neck, arms, glove and body open to imbue anything you like. (LMC, MR, LRC, +Stam, etc.)

Typically, people will want 45 HCI as well, in which case the Ring and Bracelet is also imbued with 15 HCI, and you wear Spirit of the Totem to reach 45 (along with the awesome +20 STR)

All my fully maxed out PvP suits look like this (mage, warrior, etc.). The only difference is whether you imbue +8 Stamina (for warrior), or something else for mages.

Granted, you need to have some dough in the game to imbue all this high end equipment of course.

A

A Rev

My new suit incorporates;

Navery Night eyes (10dci)
Slither (10DCI)
Faction HOL (15DCI)
Lights Rampart (20DCI)
Quiver (5DCI)
Conjurers (5DCI)

Thats 65 DCI without the use of a ring, obviously this is for a wrestle mage.

The ring will be 50EP +8SDI +Skills.

Using the pendant of Magi.
Orny and Sash.
Imbued arms gloves and legs.

Was actually very easy once the lights rampart fell in my pack!

A

A Rev

It also does not require DCI on your weapon (disarm), and leaves your head, neck, arms, glove and body open to imbue anything you like. (LMC, MR, LRC, +Stam, etc.)
Worrying about having DCI on a weapon for a non wrestle mage is like worrying about having bandies on a mage...it make no difference.

Simply because without a weapon on a non wrestle mage you have 0 Defensive skill so will get hit everytime regardless of whether you have 70dci or 0dci.

Albeit you will defend a few if human due to JOAT anatomy.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My new suit incorporates;

Navery Night eyes (10dci)
Slither (10DCI)
Faction HOL (15DCI)
Lights Rampart (20DCI)
Quiver (5DCI)
Conjurers (5DCI)

Thats 65 DCI without the use of a ring, obviously this is for a wrestle mage.

The ring will be 50EP +Skills.
That's a sweet suit - the shield, especially. Replace your faction crimmy with a tangle and you're at 70. Very nice. :thumbup1:

A

A Rev

Thats the aim, im just not paying 70mil for one lol

Ill wait until it pops in my pack. Until then, 65 DCI is working well :)

C

Capt.E

I think any of the peerless in SA. I know for sure navery does.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to laugh... I was trying to figure out a 70 DCI mage suit yesterday and almost made the same post. I was toying with fitting in Fey Leggings, but they were killing my ability to still hit 40 LMC and 100 LRC. AoF is the solution with both DCI and LRC.

Conjurer's Garb has 5 DCI. Also Tangle had 5 DCI and Slither has 10 DCI as alternatives.

-OBSIDIAN-
Its possible. If you ever get a chance, log onto oceania and look for the character Evolution. He is a Evil Omen wrestle mage, who runs 9MR 100LRC 40LMC 45 HCI 70 DCI.

Might give you some ideas....