• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What creatures to steal from for new balms

• Thread starter Lostpharoah
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

Lostpharoah

Lil confused on this new pub 57 creature stealables .. are the balms the "rares"

Also which creatures have you had the most success obtaining the new items from ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the balms and lotions are 'specials' They're not all that rare tbh.

To get the special drops you must steal from Champ spawn on any facet or from creatures in Felucca dungeons. I've not actually found that the target makes all that much difference but you can only steal once from each monster.

Ideally choose one you can kill reasonably easily to get re-spawn.

Personally, in Felucca, the main aim is to find a spot where I'm least likely to be found by a pk :D

L

Lostpharoah

Yes, the balms and lotions are 'specials' They're not all that rare tbh.

To get the special drops you must steal from Champ spawn on any facet or from creatures in Felucca dungeons. I've not actually found that the target makes all that much difference but you can only steal once from each monster.

Ideally choose one you can kill reasonably easily to get re-spawn.

Personally, in Felucca, the main aim is to find a spot where I'm least likely to be found by a pk :D
Thx for the Response !!
So does this include any creatures in fel dungeons not just humanoid ?
Ie could i theoretically obtain these specials from a mongbat if it were in a fel dungeon ?

Also does this require gm theif or can a theif modified (ie 90 real +10 stealing ring) to GM be sufficient ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I've had items from: lich, lich lord, daemon, blood elemental, nightmare, kracken, earth elemental, air elemental, lizard man and dread spider.

The ones I'm avoiding are gazers, stone harpies, stone gargoyles. Not because you can't get them from those, you can, but I found myself too often getting the 'you must be standing next to...' message because of them flying.

I can't answer your other question, my thief was GM with shadow dancers to fill a 120 scroll before this publish launched. Sorry.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also does this require gm theif or can a theif modified (ie 90 real +10 stealing ring) to GM be sufficient ?
I'm still hunting for my first rare item, but I have been successful in stealing from monsters (and getting gold) using jewels and SD Legs to get myself up to 120.

So far I've had items from: lich, lich lord, daemon, blood elemental, nightmare, ...
Wait. You stole from a nightmare? There's only 2 places I can think of they would hide items, and I am not about to stick my hand in either of those places. You're a braver thief than I.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If all you are after is the balms here is his secret (he posted in another thread)

OAKS

Get some positive Karma one your thief and go to Oaks, If its not started start it.

Steal from the Shadow Whisps, they are an easy kill for a mage with eval and Lighting or ebolts - easy one shots

Steal away they dont carry gold or other items so oyu get alot of nothings, every so ofton they have a body part that ti to heavy to steal.

But the balms come along nicley sonce there are alot of targets and no real threat.

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that the slimes and giant rats give me at least one per 10. They are right there next to you and do next to no damage except poison. You can kill the slime with a fireball and the rats with a mindblast. I usually do it in despise, but sometimes out in T2A. Since I stealth around, I only steal from a few in one area killing them afterwards, then go to a different area. I rarely ever get pk'd. Good luck.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a link to this items? Is it only deco items?
Cant belive how many new things has happened since i last played :S

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just curious does this include places like the sewers

T

The Green Thief

Wait. You stole from a nightmare? There's only 2 places I can think of they would hide items, and I am not about to stick my hand in either of those places. You're a braver thief than I.
Hahahaha! Best post evar!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nm Went there and didnt relize sewers where empty in fel

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My other character is a legendary veterinarian :lick:

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try serrado in tokuno i got tons of the new lotions and balms spawn starts with lizardmen and baby death watch beetles then goes to kappas and death watch beetles i do my main stealing at those 2 levels. i normally nab anywhere from 4 to 15 lotions ,balms per serrado cycle ..... dont have to worry about pixies and anything else with lower karma there....

R

RichDC

I did have the best success from the slimes in despise, round a good group of them up steal from each and throw a conflag pot.