• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) What community events are there?

K

Kayne

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I was involved in community events. I know that the Auction still happens regularly and that for the time being the ECL is on hold. Other than the regular EM events what player-run events still happen on Europa?

What sort of events are people interested in that are not currently happening?

Help me out here people I need some community projects to sink my teeth into.

K

Kayne

I meant events open shard wide, like the Auction or the Chicken League.

Amantala EA

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We at EA&E used to run a games event called Bovine Madness the first Wednesday of every month after the auction. However we stopped it due to lack of attendence. :(

K

Kayne

I remember bovine madness Ama :)

So what events, roleplaying, etc are people interested in happening?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... for the time being the ECL is on hold.
Fingers crossed, but if nothing else goes wrong we should have the ECL back for the 17th...

There have been various other events - net tosses, and races, that I can think of offhand, but the net events need a fair while to collect enough nets, and races need a lot of planning to avoid many ways of 'winning' through less than fair means ;)

Thing is though - what sorts of things (other than the peerless and similar hunts that folks sometimes gather people for) would you want to see happening?

K

Kayne

Fingers crossed, but if nothing else goes wrong we should have the ECL back for the 17th...

There have been various other events - net tosses, and races, that I can think of offhand, but the net events need a fair while to collect enough nets, and races need a lot of planning to avoid many ways of 'winning' through less than fair means ;)

Thing is though - what sorts of things (other than the peerless and similar hunts that folks sometimes gather people for) would you want to see happening?
Glad to hear that ECL may be back on - and I hope it is.

I'm very much an any fun event kind of person. I attended EA&E's Bovine Madness last night and thoroughly enjoyed myself and I know some others had (and I quote) "an unexpectedly fun evening"

I'll get involved with an RP event, I've been a visitor to Swaggers Inn a good few times over the years. I regularly chat IC to the various town based RP guilds and always have done even though I do occasionally mistake the women for men.

I was involved quite a bit with Paidrics Trade Caravans when he ran those, not only in a reporting role but also in helping him to organise the event and be a sounding board for ideas.

My main love in UO has always been the friends I make and the fun with the community which is why I am so keen to see more community events again and want to know what is already going on and what others enjoy.