• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Cellphone do you use?

• Thread starter Dutchhans
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

Dutchhans

Cellphones are something I kind of resisted, I have had one but always went for the most basic model available, a $20 credit would last me 6 months. I prefer my land line, and stay in touch via email and IM.

I've recently moved and maybe moving soon again, so a land line with installation is just expensive and not the way to go. So I am looking for a contract, but doing some research the variety of phones is overwhelming.

Just read this one this morning:

Nokia with music

So what cellphone do you use and what options besides voice calls and texting do you use?

L

Lord Urza

My carrier is Verison (Everyone I know uses Verison so 99% of my calls are free)

Verison is really good for bundleing if you have another family member you wanna get another line for.

As for which phone model, I just use a Razor there simple I know the layout inside and out, there a good phone as long as you dont do much texting ( i however do :eek:/ )

Which options do i use Unlimited Text , haha thats all i need

M

monnie101

I researched for 2 months before getting my Blackberry Smartphone and I aboslutely love it! I have never missed a Dr. Appt since! I'll never have to start over with a new address book or transfer over info. I can connect my Blackberry to my PC via USB cable, and it will sync all my tasks, addresses, phone numbers, memos, etc. with Yahoo and outlook express. I can access anyone's phone number in my address book anywhere in the world as long as I have either my phone (which also syncs via wireless internet) or can access a computer with intenet to log in my yahoo page. Believe me it has come in handy over the past 8 years since I got my Yahoo addy. Texting and writing text files or notes has never been easier with the molded keys which are created so you can easily feel the querty keys locations.

It plays music and video. I just got a new 4gig SD card. I'll prob get an 8giger when they are less.

The first people I saw with Blackberrys were attorneys and people who need calendar options. It was deemed the best phone for emailing. It has push mail. I use yahoo messenger on it and everything. It's just such an awesome phone and it's only $70 now with 2 year contract.

I have:
T-Mobile which has MyFaves! I'd much rather pick these 5 favorite people which I can call free anytime then have free nights. Everyone I know seems to have all different providers os this comes in handy. T-Mobile allows you to see every call you made, tells you how many minutes you've used on the website and on the phone, tells you how many you have left before going over, and so on. I can't countt how many providers used to hide that stuff and shove tons of misc extra charges one could never figure out where they come from. One of the companies I was with was sued and we won.

$30 = 400 monthly minutes
$10= T-Mobile Hotpots Wifi (I live in Boston area. These $15 I pay extra allow me to call anywhere in the US for as long as I want, for free when I am in a wifi hotspot area or at my house using my wireless router.
$40 = Unlimited Internet. I just love having it. Blackberry has a nice sized screen. I never linked how phones were getting dinkier and dinkier. Too small!
$5 = An amount of free pictures sending and texts. 500 or so

TOTAL: 85/month

I actually have an unboxing and review video I never finished but would be glad to finish up.

In the end, what phone is best, depends on what your needs are. My friend and cousin have the iPhone. It's awesome but sucks badly for typing texts. So now you have available the touch diamond which looks like an iPhone that also opens to reveal a querty keyboard. It's awesome. But the iPhone has more apps and games available then any other phone except of course those windows palm handhelds.

I've found that the best thing to do is find out what your needs are, then go to YouTube and search for unboxings and reviews on that particular phone. Read the comments. All phones have pros and cons. No phone is perfect for everything but their is a phone that is perfect for you.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LG enV.

Thinking about upgrading, but I don't know what to.

M

mutau

Currently an ATT Tilt but will upgrade to a IPhone for the applications and ease.

Regarding Verizon, We were customers for about 9 years, but when my hubby's phone died in Michigan, our home insurance plan (with Verizon) didn't work in Michigan. We were told that it varies from state to state. So he had to buy a new phone there, new plan and i dropped Verizon 3 minutes before we went to ATT.

So i guess my warning is to make sure that whatever carrier you go with, make sure that their insurance program is national or even global. If you travel and your phone dies, you need to have that insurance coverage.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ended up upgrading to the Samsung Omnia, and I love it.

iPhone schmyphone. Omnia is where it's at.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iPhone 3G. I would upgrade to the 3GS for the video, but I just recently jailbroke my phone so I can record video on it anyway.

It does everything I want, and then some. I use it as my main phone, no landline at home. It has a decent calendar function that I use to keep all my work appointments in, it plays music and movies, I can send and receive email directly from my phone, as well as web browsing. And there are thousands of apps out there to do just about anything you can imagine. I'd say it's damn close to being the perfect phone.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question BS, if you jailbreak the phone, is there a way to put it back? I havent researched it...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, you can do a restore in iTunes, and it brings it right back to factory condition.

S

Scarab

LG enV.

Thinking about upgrading, but I don't know what to.
I had an enV for a while, but it had horrible call quality and started randomly shutting itself off. plus with the buttons on the outside, my pocket would make occasional calls to people that I haven't talked to in years yet are still in my address book

due to work and a number of special offers, I ended up getting a Blackberry Curve. took me a bit to learn how to use it. now that I do, however, I love it

would've gotten an iPhone, but I have Verizon and Blackberries are the only smartphones available on my plan

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would've gotten an iPhone, but I have Verizon and Blackberries are the only smartphones available on my plan
I left Verizon at the end of my contract just to get an iPhone. I'd been with Verizon for years, so they tried really hard to get me to stay. Even offered me a discount on my monthly plan and a free blackberry storm to stay. Sadly for them, I had been playing with my Uncle's storm a few weeks earlier, and hated the UI it has.

K

kendricktamis

I have the rumor from sprint. I live in Ohio, US. I get really good service with my phone and i like it.

S

Scratch

nextel service unlimited calls, text, 2-way, and web $50/month

using a motorola I9 Stature phone $200

always have service

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boo, Blackberrys and iPhones!

Android phones are the way to go.

HTC EVO 4G is the next best thing coming out. Has so many ridiculous features.

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't flame me droid and iphone lovers, but for me, it's all about windows phones. I use the HTC TouchPro 2.