• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What can a full bard solo?

Slim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello! Im going to be running a full mage/bard. Heres my temp.

120 Music
120 Prov
120 Disco
120 Peace
120 Magery
120 Med

What could one solo with this temp? Could you solo a dread horn on this temp?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
all depends on the player.

and a lot depends on your suit as well.

dreadhorn on a pure bard...... im sure a couple people could.
i might be able too, its been a while since ive done one, but from what i remember i think i could.
might take me a bit of time.

there are a couple guys that i know that are out there that strive to solo everything on their bards and they have it down to a science.

and ive met some people who couldnt bard their way past a mongbat.

so it really comes down to the player.

go give it a try.

what the worst that could happen.... ya die?

Slim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well im over on Siege so if I die and cant get back to my corps before it decays it kinda sux lol. What have you heard being done on a pure bard? I would like to attempt doom, dread horn and some of the different champ spawns. Well hell id like to try it all lol. Just don't want to waste too much time if even the best bards with the best gear cant do it. :D

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be honest there are probably better templates you can use for soloing boss level beasties, such as a sampire or necro/weaver. Bards, especially pure ones, work better as support players for group fighting. Disco weaver might also work well for boss level stuff though I've never tried it.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The Peacemaking is of no help really, aside from maybe a minor buff to Despair, the Discord Mastery.

You should be able to do Doom no problem.
Neira no problem.
Serrado no problem.
All Ilshenar spawns done at Valor no problem. (Becaue of all the handy nearby Greater Dragons and Greater Dragon Parragons there are to Provoke.)
Giant Turkeys no problem.
Harbingers no problem.
2x of any normal monster even parragon versions of, no problem, like Cu's, Greater Dragons, Ancient Wyrms.
The Weald, Bedlam and Labyrinth spawns are probably a bit too slow to level with it, but could be wrong, haven't tried since Mastery's were added.

Shimmering used to be possible but they fixed it.

Mostly agree with Poo, depends on the player more than anything.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a template like that I almost wonder if it would be better to go with 120 Eval over 120 med. You could then use a mana regen suit to help with the missing med. Mana regen suits are a pain in the neck to acquire ingredients for but playing a full bard, once you play it well, you won't be dying too often.

Slim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm well after hunting a bit I find peace to be pretty useless. I don't use it much, invs works just as good. Maybe ill drop peace for weaving or something. Only thing is, its hard to find people for a high level circle. Thank you for info everyone.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm well after hunting a bit I find peace to be pretty useless. I don't use it much, invs works just as good. Maybe ill drop peace for weaving or something. Only thing is, its hard to find people for a high level circle. Thank you for info everyone.
put sw on stone - get 4 others with 0 skill and focus - put sw back on