• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] What Armor Type & Build do you like? Insane Tinkers for an Archer?

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Adventures,

We have not played archers in years and decided to give them an update. That being said we wanted to get some feedback on new items and or skills you are using or considering.

So we have 5 primary questions -
1) What armor material type is suited for archery in your opinion?
2) What type of bow?
3) Skills?
4) What items are in your foundation?
5) Insane Tinker Legs for the SSI?

Current Skills -
120 Archer
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Chivalry
120 Spellweaving

Our old suits are all leather with M&S 45/45 100di. The suits were made before reforging and refinements.

Thanks for your opinion~

Be blessed,
Spellbreaker

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Studded / bone for the 55lmc
2. Composite bow for AI and magical shortbows for area (if PvM)
3. I would go the same as above for PvM but maybe swap around spellweaving for either bushio or resist depending on what you are fighting
4. Nice legendary pieces to work around
5. I don't use them, I use SSI on both jewels.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. Studded / bone for the 55lmc
2. Composite bow for AI and Yumi for DS
3. 120 Archer/Tactics/Anatomy/Chivalry + two of 120 Bushido/Healing/Resisting/SW
4. Get at least one Legendary pieces with good resists if you can. Get as much as possible Legendary pieces with stats and regens. Reforge+imbue+enhance rest pieces (usually 8 SI, 8 MI, 5 HPI, 5 HCI, 8 LMC). I suggest to get 75/75/70/70/75 or higher resists (reinforcing).
5. 10 SSI from enhancing weapon + 0/25 SSI on Yumi/Composite + 25 SSI on suit (10 if you use DF for stats).

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your replies.

I was thinking 180 stam & 70 SSI -
40 bow
10 ring
10 bracket
10 insane legs

Studded/bone sounds great.

On the bow we doing slayer, DI, HML HLL & HSL or we going to put HLD?

Be blessed in all your adventures!
Spellbreaker

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
SSI maxes out at 60. To swing a comp bow at max speed you need 210 (211 to provide a buffer) stamina and 55 SSI. Knuckleheads site has a good swing speed calculator, just google "uo swing speed calculator" and it'll show up, the calculator on uoguide is incorrect.
Also, hide and studded samurai armor works the same as studded and bone for LMC.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
With 180 stamina you need 20 SSI with a Yumi and 45 SSI with a Composite. But it's difficult to keep 180+ stamina when you play solo if you have only 195 max stamina.
With 150 stamina you need 35 SSI with a Yumi and 60 SSI with a Composite. In both cases the difference between Yumi and Composite is 25 SSI. So if you have enough SSI for Yumi you need imbue only 25 SSI on Composite. After enhancing it is 35 on a Composite and there is no much sense to get more on it (you can get 50 SSI on a bow).

The most important mode in PvM is HML. It is halved for ranged weapons so you need to reforge it as much as possible.
HLL is pretty useless on ranged weapon. You can imbue only 34 HLL on a 35 SSI Composite. If you think you need life leech - get necro... although I myself prefer healing on archers.
Reforge max HML (to get 48 after imbuing SSI), imbue 25 SSI and SuperSlayer. The forth mode depends on luck (you get two+ modes when reforging HML) - HSL/HMD/HFat... there is no much difference (I prefer HMD or HLD). And DI if you don't remove it using Whetstone.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow great information!

So max 60 SSI and 210 Stam to use the composite at full potential. Target 55lmc and make sure we have Max HML on the weapon. Got it!

If anyone else has any other tips on type of artifacts or talisman they favor that would be great!

Be blessed in RL and the virtual world!
Spellbreaker

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
60 SSI is the hard cap but you don't need it on a composite bow. All you need there is 55 SSI and 210 stamina. The extra 5 SSI won't help if you loose stamina, so you'll be better off saving the imbuing weight for something else.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow great information!

So max 60 SSI and 210 Stam to use the composite at full potential. Target 55lmc and make sure we have Max HML on the weapon. Got it!

If anyone else has any other tips on type of artifacts or talisman they favor that would be great!

Be blessed in RL and the virtual world!
Spellbreaker
I think talisman wise, you would ultimately want a set of the new cameos.
Enhantress’ Cameo - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia