• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What area is this server for?

• Thread starter MuffinBear
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MuffinBear

I live in Florida and am trying to decide which server to play on but I dont know if I should play on this server or Atlantic server...where is this one located?

R

Red Soldier

u should play the server you best ping to:
ping legends.owo.com
ping atlantic.owo.com

BUT!!!!

legends is the place to play for people just avoid Thunder and Omni (omni may be retired again but hes still a pain)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
legends and atlantic appear to be on the same subnet so unless EA has a really crazy network setup, I suspect they are no more than a few meters apart from each other and should ping pretty close to the same :)

N

NewThunder

I live in Florida and am trying to decide which server to play on but I dont know if I should play on this server or Atlantic server...where is this one located?
Each server is located in the same building and each is designated as an "east" coast. I replied to your post on the ATL forum with some further details about the differences between ATL and Legends, will post again here:

It really depends on how you want to play, my main shard is Legends, and I have a vendor here on ATL (also have Luna house on Chessy and Cats) so that I have gold here to assist me in collecting rares and other items. Each shard has it's own advantages; Atl has a large population base and lots of trading. Legends has a smaller population, but that allows for easy house placement. Bother server are supposed to be "east" coast servers, I do experience a bit more lag in some of the more populated areas of ATL due to the larger number of players there. Each shard has well developed guilds and communities.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i don't know, the lag on atlantic is so bad there are some days i can barely walk there, let alone try to play, and I do fine on Legends.

M

MuffinBear

I picked Atlantic since someone gave me a million gold and now I have a house :O

B

Beddo

I picked Atlantic since someone gave me a million gold and now I have a house :O
Wow. I wish I had a greeting like that on Legends.

Although Maplestone did give me this great beetle and Damia invited me in to her guild.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. I wish I had a greeting like that on Legends.

Although Maplestone did give me this great beetle and Damia invited me in to her guild.
Hey, you're lucky. Now making your first million will have meaning and you will have a ton of stories to go along with your bank balance.

Welcome!
:)

B

Beddo

You have gained .01 in Begging, you are now at 71.01.
Recourcefulness is reduced by .01, it is now 28.99.

B

Beddo

I just wish there was a lower end market. Every item is either worthless or worth several million. Placing mid grade items, if there are any, on a vendor is pointless and I don't spam at banks.

I used to be able to provide undyed empty kegs for alchemists and other stuff to take some of the profits. Now everyone is completely self sufficient to maximize profit, it's hard to make any money in the start.

Everyone I've met so far has been very generous but that doesn't help the in game economy. I remember chasing birds for feathers when I was fletcher before tram. Vendors didn't have 999 of anything. Plate was a goal, and a burden, now it's pretty much decor.

Anyhow, anyone want some undyed empty potions kegs to fill?

M

MuffinBear

Hey, you're lucky. Now making your first million will have meaning and you will have a ton of stories to go along with your bank balance.

Oh yes, I should hang my head in shame for accepting a million gold...which is nothing in Ultima these days. Why I should of rejected it and spent hours...days...weeks hunting in empty dungeons until I finally had my first million gold and plenty of "stories" about it.

by the way, I have played before so I already have fond memories and all that stuff but this time the gold was good since I was able to buy a house and furniture and decorations quickly.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes, I should hang my head in shame for accepting a million gold...which is nothing in Ultima these days. Why I should of rejected it and spent hours...days...weeks hunting in empty dungeons until I finally had my first million gold and plenty of "stories" about it.

by the way, I have played before so I already have fond memories and all that stuff but this time the gold was good since I was able to buy a house and furniture and decorations quickly.

Yeah thats what we all strived for back in the day. But the stories were better :D Maybe you forgot that?

Enjoy your time on Atlantic. I think you will fit in nicely. Farethee well.

G

grandpa otis

[/B]

Yeah thats what we all strived for back in the day. But the stories were better :D Maybe you forgot that?

Enjoy your time on Atlantic. I think you will fit in nicely. Farethee well.
Great shot Cuda,, Loved it :)