• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are you doing in UO right now?

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huge depth and variety in terms of interesting/meaningless/fun activities available is one thing that never stops striking me as fresh in this 20 year young game. So figured why not dedicate a thread to it! Tell us what you are doing! Reply can be 3 words or a trilogy of books.Or an image!

Myself..well..

Training fishing might not be the most interesting thing out there...It actually leads to welcome and surprising increase in productivity, as I stop wasting my time playing video games and start doing important things, like posting on video game forums..
...Yet, there is some odd insane satisfaction to fishing in this game. Besides lacking in sanity, I can't quite explain it. Man and the sea, arrr.
63 skill..

Last edited:

Enziet

Journeyman
I actually just logged off but I'm workin the ole slave.

He stay's penned up in my house all day / night, about once per week I let him out. But only to gather materials and get back in the house! He is only alive because I allow him to be. He is good at keeping my platemail in top notch order and keeps my war axe sharp and ready. Besides that he is an idiot and must remain indoors away from people at all times.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Been killing Dreadhorn as per my Sunday routine.
And about one year since the last crimmy I got out of Dread and roughly 365 kills later, Dread finally dropped another crimmy for me. :p

screenshot_124.jpg

I could have spent 5 or so hours killing captains down at Blackthorn and get one is much shorter time frame, but it was the principle of the thing.
And I have a quarrel with Dreadhorn as well.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
1) I am re-stocking some vendors with Spellweaving scrolls, whites and pinks.
2) I've been going through the process of moving out of my Fel Keep into a Tram Castle. Someone is helping me with some of the deco, so just focusing on getting some of the necessities set up.
3) Getting Dreadhorn keys for the Monday night guild hunt I run for UWF.
4) Debating which of my Cu's I want to mindlessly try to raise healing on.

And I have a quarrel with Dreadhorn as well.
What's your quarrel with Dreadhorn? I'll make sure to get in a few hits for you when I do about 5-6 runs tomorrow night.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What's your quarrel with Dreadhorn? I'll make sure to get in a few hits for you when I do about 5-6 runs tomorrow night.
He reminds me too much of Spirit/Swift Wind from She-Ra.
I loved She-Ra when I was a wee lass back in the early 80s. But I hated that lame horse! He-Man got Cringer/Battlecat while us girls got stuck with a lame talking horse! Not fair.
So I project my frustrations on him while whacking him with a maul on the 7 runs I do every weekend.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id-ing someone xmas boxes to hopefully add to my collection for complete

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was out mining niter, the RNG code was being a tight fisted son of a bit, got a whole 737 saltpeter this trip. *takes a sturdy shovel to the server the RNG is hiding in*

In a couple hours I'll start making cannon fuses. Need them for my vendor and myself.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mean to spam! But tis such a screenie worthy moment/place. EM Kimmie and few members of Europa community sharing a drink in Owl's Eye Tavern of Deepwater. Likely oldest Tavern standing, among oldest houses as a whole for sure. It turned out one of the visitors was younger than the Inn. : D

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Picked up a little place inside the walls in Luna. Waited out the timer cause I wasn't taking any chances. Resized to a max storage 18X13 and now I'm decorating and getting ready to move my vendors. To be honest I'm a little burnt out and gonna take a break from it for a bit.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recording my shepherd and sicking her flock on a couple of ogres. I'm tinkering with uploading videos to see how they look once uploaded and to test the various video editors I have at my disposal. The hope is to eventually make UO webisodes but we'll see how the time and energy and motivation go.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Reading stratics to see what's going on in uo after being away from the game for 6 years. Also, re-acquainting myself with my house in Malas and trying to sort through all the (probably now useless) stuff in there.
Welcome back

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gods, 334 sheep to shear to make 1000 more fuses, *chuckles* Glad I'm not allergic to wool. :pint:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Trying to get enough bronze to make the new Anniversary recipes.
Getting my crafter's Magery back to GM.
Getting Kotl artifacts to make an Automaton pet! :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no pic, but as a general activity recently, I've been trying to get knight in all the virtues on the character that's my current main. Might never get the 8th (Justice) from the lack of activity on my shard, but in the last week finished off Humility, and last night spent 5 hours searching nearly EVERY coastline in Trammel main (in two 90 minute trips; didn't realize after I was done that I forgot to check Nujelm), picked up 38 honesty items (20 going from outside Blighted Grove to Vesper, and all the 16 islands that had T-maps in the old T-map system; then 18 more going from Vesper to Skara, and around the bay to the mountains outside Sanctuary - plus checked Marble and Ice islands, which were the two islands other than Nujelm), forensic evaluated all of them with one of my other characters, (1/2 hour per batch)., then another half-hour per batch delivering them to their owners. One item (last item of the first batch, which ironically was the first item I picked up) I found the owner with 5 minutes left on the timer, but most of them I had 30-90 minutes left on. The 38 items took me from little or nothing in the virtue, to Follower. One more trip ought to get me to knight, and having 7 of the 8 virtues done - as long as I don't forget and buy something to mess up the honesty.

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As im reading this post everyone seems to be farming trammy stuff, since its not worth visiting fel anymore sad! Even Merlin is moving his house to tram!!! *slaps*

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
600th Europa Auction is gonna happen today!!
HUGE kudos&thanks&such to Amantala, Geoffrey, Esca and all those who are/have been involved and invested in hosting this awesome event for SO MANY YEARS! GZs! Hope cows get tipped!

Currently in the daily Brit city meeting@Europa. Lien is smiling for the camera!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As im reading this post everyone seems to be farming trammy stuff, since its not worth visiting fel anymore sad! Even Merlin is moving his house to tram!!! *slaps*
I would be in Fel a lot more if I could find a way to turn the desolation off. What's worse is once you visit Fel, that character is infected with the desolation and the other lands eventually turn desolate on you too.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would be in Fel a lot more if I could find a way to turn the desolation off. What's worse is once you visit Fel, that character is infected with the desolation and the other lands eventually turn desolate on you too.
If using the CC, back up UO.CFG then edit the following lines:
TreeCanopies=off <== change 'off' to 'on'
Desolation=on <== change 'on' to 'off'

On my system, the file is in C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic folder. I believe these are the only adjustments you will need. If you're okay with no tree canopies then ignore that change.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
... Why would anyone spend almost one hour and a half doing a tram Turtle spawn when you can get much better stuff doing it in fel? D:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If using the CC, back up UO.CFG then edit the following lines:
TreeCanopies=off <== change 'off' to 'on'
Desolation=on <== change 'on' to 'off'

On my system, the file is in C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic folder. I believe these are the only adjustments you will need. If you're okay with no tree canopies then ignore that change.
I've tried this before and it just resets the config back to the original settings. Just tried it again with no luck.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've tried this before and it just resets the config back to the original settings. Just tried it again with no luck.
:facepalm: Each account/character has a CFG file! Forgot about that. The path to the CFG for these is (Win 8.1):

C:\Users\<PC username>\Documents\EA games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\<login account>\<shard>\<character name>

In here are just a few files ... back up the CFG and edit it. I have a crystal portal in the house so I went directly to the Fel Brit moongate and canopies were on and the headstones I had seen previously were gone.

Give it a shot. Once you are satisfied with the results, copy this file to other characters that may have the same configuration - same shard or different shard. Keep a modified copy safe in case an update replaces it.

NOTE: I know from prior incarnations on these boards this was in the UO Tech forum at one time. That forum apparently no longer exists.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I never really did reply to this ...

I worked on smithing BOD fulfillment for a while and trained Imbuing. Then I made my main go out and slaughter some helpless mobs for the loot so my Imbuing training could continue. Essentially emulating a hamster in a wheel. <sigh>

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hunting Fire Daemons right now, got one claw from six so far with one unreachable one who fell halfway down the south cliff when it died. Got seven Lava ele crusts as well so far, RNG isn't being an asshat tonight. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Number 23 appeared down the north cliff and couldn't be hurt. Got five claws out of the 21 I could loot. 25%! RNG must have got some today and was in a good mood. :D

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm making all my seldom used characters their very own sets of rune books lol. Noting what skills they need, and I'm gonna try to finish a couple of them off. Eventually

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was trying to take inventory and color ID on the holiday items on my characters but my eyes couldn't take the client! Hehe

So then I got sidetracked and ran around chopping trees on a server i'm trying out.

Is there a way to check if there is a house on one of my accounts without affecting anything if there is a mystery house on the account?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I was trying to take inventory and color ID on the holiday items on my characters but my eyes couldn't take the client! Hehe

So then I got sidetracked and ran around chopping trees on a server i'm trying out.

Is there a way to check if there is a house on one of my accounts without affecting anything if there is a mystery house on the account?
LOL I can't imagine having a house I don't know about. I can't think of any, other than hopefully you have a rune marked home. Never really thought about it.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I actually have a bunch of houses out there that I don't know about. Hehe

Over the years I have inherited a bunch of accounts from friends that have either quit or passed away and i'm now up to 14 accounts.

When my good friend passed away I inherited her 3 accounts and a 3 ring notebook of scribbles and notes for her accounts. In the notes it says that one of the accounts has 43 houses, the 2nd account notes say it has 19 houses and the 3rd account notes say it has 57 houses! I have tried looking for them but she played all over the servers and hated magery so no runes. I have pretty much given up looking. How long would it take to run around Fel and check every single house sign?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

Over the years I have inherited a bunch of accounts from friends that have either quit or passed away and i'm now up to 14 accounts.

When my good friend passed away I inherited her 3 accounts and a 3 ring notebook of scribbles and notes for her accounts. In the notes it says that one of the accounts has 43 houses, the 2nd account notes say it has 19 houses and the 3rd account notes say it has 57 houses! I have tried looking for them but she played all over the servers and hated magery so no runes. I have pretty much given up looking. How long would it take to run around Fel and check every single house sign?
That is amazing... I thought I heard of everything. lol Good for you! My mind would go nuts wondering what might be in them. I would have to check every single house on every shard. Now that's a quest! I would just have to know if there were stacks of bloody bandages or whatever lol Maybe hire an IDOCer. I see them run by my houses all the time.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh god. I would love to know whats in them!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Watching drcossack getting his arse handed to himself for.....Damn I cant remember, like 18th time today.
I'm actualy feeling sorry for po lil fella at this point.
Hmm, I didn't even die today, so I'm not sure where you're getting that obviously exaggerated number. Nor do I ever die that much...at least, not without making a hell of a lot more from the people I do kill.

My offer for you to stop being a keyboard warrior is still on the table. I'll even let you pick the shard, since you know where I play.