• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What about the cloaks?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good pal of mine brought it to my attention that there seems to be a lack of interest in the Cloaks of Corruption.

Weren't these things supposed to play a bigger role in the game? Does anyone even know if they will still be used?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lack of interest? I'm very interested in mine. I use it all the time to work healing.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont even know what they are, heh
Here is what Draconi said about them back in Feb of last year:

Current abilities of the Cloak of Corruption:

Attempts to aggro a large area around the player
* Doesn’t work in towns/guard zones
* Cannot aggro players, pets, summons, or benign creatures
* Cannot aggro anything that is currently in battle
* Increases speed of aggro’d mob for several minutes
* Boosts Fame obtained from aggro’d mobs
* Can draw attacks up to 30 tiles away

Rapidly decays Karma
* -500 karma every 30 seconds equipped

Rapidly decays HP, Mana, Stamina in the normal world
Rapidly restores HP, Mana, Stamina in the Ethereal Void

To sum: A dread's best friend, or a hero's shield in the unknown.

J

jelinidas

Alot of my vendors wear em. Makes em feel warm and fuzzy.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black_Sun said:
Lack of interest? I'm very interested in mine. I use it all the time to work healing.
I could kiss you, I hadn't thought of that. Recently soulstoned some skills over from Pacific and just need to work up tactics and healing on my new stealth archer.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could kiss you, I hadn't thought of that. Recently soulstoned some skills over from Pacific and just need to work up tactics and healing on my new stealth archer.
Kiss away
*puckers up*

Wait... You're not a dude are you?

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wait... You're not a dude are you?
Isn't that usually asked BEFORE you pucker up?

I still have quite a few of the cloaks myself. Wondering what they are gonna do with them. I should probably toss them out because I'm positive the SECOND I do, they'll do something really cool! :p

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well toss some my way...I only have one I would like 5 more for the rest of the folks at the Museum!

:)

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I would really like one of these. Never heard of one myself... Could streamline doing champ spawns a lot to pop it on and quickly aggro everything on my whirlwind fighter... Would anyone be interested in selling one? The only one for sale in Luna is 350k.. yikes..

R

RichDC

Also in an earlier thread (about a month ago cant be botherd to find it sorry) Draconi mentioned these cloaks will be "enhancable" with the threads.

That was all the info...read into it what you will.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're kidding? Forget that. PM me. TW, I'll get with you tonite when I get home.

I love it when a beautiful woman wants to "get with me tonight"!

Unfortunately all it means is she is gonna smack me upside my head then pass me some cloaks!