• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What a night! We got Fire. But where was the Ice?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved that event. Very exciting! Too bad it was over so soon.
More screenshots can be found at the usual location.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather thought that the unseens were a bit of genius.

Amazing how one monster could lay waste to everyone. I saw the first one and just hung back casting noble sacrifice repeatedly.

Now I've more than satisfied my ressurection quota for the year.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I enjoyed the event as well, gift of renewal was my beeest friend hehe.

Wierd seeing so many people yelling. "Blackrock Va'lis! Blow it up!"

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather thought that the unseens were a bit of genius.

Amazing how one monster could lay waste to everyone.

If anyone is up to to the challenge of finding Hagrid, then I want that person to pay VERY close attention to the date (2-7-09) that I put the quest public. I think it will blow your mind of my foresight into what turned into an official event. Almost like I knew something ahead of time. *winks* Basically there is a strong connection to the official event, and my player run event. I almost wonder if someone took a bit of my idea and incorporated it into the game. I'm rather um, well...proud of it. :)

And yes, the quest is still ongoing, no one has yet completed it. :(

S

SwordBlaze

I got some pics myself....

Here I got the Crimson Dragon to join my party.

Here was the battle.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got very lucky in holding my Cntrl-Shift down when we were blown across the room during that gem breaking. I snagged seven shards... However, I think that if it had truly blow apart, that shards would have 'gotten on' everyone and they should've popped one or two in everyone's packs.

It wasn't fair for those of us who couldn't handle the lag.

Also, I understand that the WoS is over now. However, I think that the end of the event should've been a little more defined, perhaps with the head of the guard coming out to thank us once the dragons were gone.

Casca's attitude is very troubling as well. He talks like he's Obama, but the difference is that I didn't vote for him. I think he's a nasty piece of work.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calina, I am pretty sure that those shards are merely decoration items. Thus worthless. If some didn't get shards, they will have less crap lying around in their houses. :)

Who is Obama? Is it a player or a GM?

M

Moonwynd

Calina, I am pretty sure that those shards are merely decoration items. Thus worthless. If some didn't get shards, they will have less crap lying around in their houses. :)

Who is Obama? Is it a player or a GM?
I presume she's referring to Barack Obama who is the newly elected President of USA. As you can see in SwordBlaze's comment, American Presidents are great targets for comedians.

Obama is the one driving.

This is hilarious! Where did you find it?

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol that's a great picture :D

Yes, I know it's just for deco, but so what? People like deco and they deserve a shot at getting some. If it's worthless to you, then if you get some, give it to someone who will value it.

Ask any one of my guildmates... we go to IDOCs and such, and I'm the only one running around yelling "WOOT LOOK I GOT A WHITE V-DAY CARD!!!"

Deco is serious business :D

S

SwordBlaze

I found it on some forum after Obama was elected president lol. I don't remember I was just surfin the web.

S

Shioni

Ive already seen a few sell for 25 million

I got very lucky in holding my Cntrl-Shift down when we were blown across the room during that gem breaking. I snagged seven shards...
I took a newbie character and got 0 because i didn't event have night sight to see the ground lol

Aww anyway i agree, they advertised that everyone was guaranteed something and already the event is one sided for super powered tamers and mages.

I'm not really mad about the item drops, I'm just pissed that I have no idea whats going on most the time and honestly thought Casca turned into the crimson dragon at the end.

It make so much more scene if they released a transcript of what to expect... like goals, plot characters, the areas the event is being held, and a cut off time and stopped herding us around like children.

(also if they plan on dropping a lot of items again i hope they don't flash the white light because my monitor isn't so great and it tends to black out the screen for a few seconds)

C

Corvak

Yeah, I never like how most pve events seem to favor tamers. Biggest Dragon wins, I guess.

S

SwordBlaze

Ive already seen a few sell for 25 million
Ridiculous. There are 40 per shard. So multiply 40 by how many shards and that's a lot. Definitely not 20 mil. I one of mine to a buddy (i got 4) for one mil and a vampire bat statue thing lol. No need to rip people off.

C

CatLord

Just saw one being bought for 50 Millions...

The Decor market sure moves alot of gold...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I sold one for one million, my second for a bag full of non-runic bows (and a promise to join in the militia fights). (She in turn traded hers for a new sorcerer's gloves since she lost hers to buggy insurance)

I'm keeping the third.

I tried to give one and two away, but they insisted that I was poor and bought them instead.

E

Echo

Lord Va'lis Razele, remember when you traded the broken crystal to me? I asked if you were sure about the trade... are you still sure??!! Your kindness and willingness to share with someone, who didn't get one, that you also didn't even know, was and is appreciated. I will always remember the kindness. I won't ever sell it because it was a gift.
That being said... I wouldn't blame you a bit, if you wanted it back to sell and I will give it back to you, just let me know what you would like, since we didn't know it was such an expensive present.
~Lady Echo

C

Corvak

...us into bankruptsy.
Cynical post is cynical!

I didn't make it to the event - but typically yes, the deco market has insane nonsensical prices. Often mroe because people want to show off their rares rather than use them in any sort of deco idea.

S

SwordBlaze

...us into bankruptsy.
Hahahahaha, we already are in bankruptcy thanks to Bush. But let us not get political as I think it is against the rules.

I have three more crystals, if someone wants to buy one for 50mil be my guest LOL.