• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What’s the plan EA??

G

For well over a month now we have seen payouts at a very low amounts and the cost of almost everything go up to exorbitant prices. We were told a month ago that the low payouts were because of the war against botting and that a new weapon on bots should be released within a week and payouts will go back up.
In a conversation I had with Lee just before the opening of EA Land he said that he thought bots were not a problem, that if it was made so they could not make enough for time spent they wouldn’t bother. Time over money is what he kept referring to.
I argued that even without bots there were ways that people could make considerable amounts of simoleans. I told him about one way that with the payouts the way they were then, a player could make 45k an hour. I also told him there were other ways and that it would be a big mistake for EA to introduce the buybacks under their present system.
After about an hour of copping crap from him and other people in the community store, Lee said that I was absolutely right in everything I had said, and that they would have to think more seriously about the buybacks. He then called me a good sport and gave me four gnomes, lol.
I believe that they still did dramatically underestimate the amount of simoleans that could be made. There are heaps of people who have in the hundreds of thousands of simoleans and some in the millions and are holding onto that money waiting for the buyback to start. I would estimate that with that and all the simoleans that other people have, thousands of players with maybe just a few thousand. That there would easily be in the tens of millions. Making it likely that EA would have to payout in the tens of thousands of real dollars if they introduce the buybacks.
They have raised prices on almost everything they can in an attempt to drain simoleans.
I don’t think they allowed for the influx of items from the old cities and the prices they would sell for. They should have learned from the TC and TC3 merge with that. They have lowered payouts to try to stop the flow of simoleans into the game. Personally I feel that even at the payout level where it is now there would still be an unacceptable amount being produced. I think they over estimated the amount that people would be willing to sit at a computer and work for.
Looking around in the game seeing how many sims are working at growing their wealth, and how much is being spent, I would say that there is still more simoleans going into the economy than out.
The devs are working hard on other things yes, and I have to say they are doing a very good job at that as well. They are also working on the economy, and what they are doing there does not appear to be working. I think it’s time they came clean with us and let us know what is going on. They were in TC3 very open with us about the economy, kept us well informed on how it was going. Why not now with EA Land when it counts. Share the bad news with us as well as the good.
I am not one that chooses to believe that the high prices and low payouts are EA just being greedy and only trying to make as much out of us as they can.
I have posted this because I think there is an urgency for something to be done about this now, before there is a mass exit from the game. We need some sort of explanation as to what is going on. We need to know the plan.

P

Paula777

so ... are you asking if the cash-out option will be introduced soon?

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

so ... are you asking if the cash-out option will be introduced soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Parizad said within a month

P

Paula777

uh oh now that is awesome to hear

wasn't quite sure if that was what the thread was about, ever heard of long story short?
.. all friendly

well if that was the case i'd say the game will be shutting down in no time with all the cash-outs they'll have to deal with

G

The date keeps changing on when it will be introduced, I am actually asking why it isn't being introduced.

S

Sean Kendrick

She said that 1/30, so it has to be this month some time, or by March 1.

Now I know why Parizad hates giving timetables.

F

forsure01

As many of you know, It is EXTREMELY hard to make simoleans in EA Land. Also, prices of some things are outrageous (i.e. Land). Thats why we are offering $50,000 EA Land Simoleans for the incredible deal of $29.99!!

This just from a website I just visited. Until EA gains control of there simoleans I do not see how it will be possible for them to ever do the buy back.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I agree,

The cash out/sell simoleans option is a very stupid option. It will cause EA to lose more $ than they make if everyone saves up their $ and begins to sell it.

They should not implement this they should find an alternative.

I

Inge Jones

Even though I have used the ATM, I am beginning to think the idea of allowing sellback of Simoleans might not be a good one. I would prefer people to be selling custom content because they love creating and playing, not because they want to make a real-life profit from other players.

I know EA have a special relationship with TSR, so if they wanted to make a special arrangement with them that they could get some money for it, well we just have to accept that. But in general I would say keep it all in-game.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I agree,

The cash out/sell simoleans option is a very stupid option. It will cause EA to lose more $ than they make if everyone saves up their $ and begins to sell it.

They should not implement this they should find an alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. When payouts took a dive, we we're told that this was a temporary thing that would last about a week. They we're trying to put a stop to the botting. Now a month later I am still getting a max payout of $52. I predicted this from the start because the ATM's popped into the game immediately and now almost a month later i'm still only getting $52. Regardless of what the Dev's tell us about payouts, they work for EA, not us and IMHO I wished they'd never brought the ATM into the game because I truly believe that is the real reason payouts are staying low!

G

I will never use an ATM as long as I play TSO. i never bought simoleans off of E-bay. It takes the fun out of the game. In a previous post, it was stated that the price of land has gone through the roof. Hell, my lot (size 5) in the snow was bought for 300. Now, I could sell it back to the game for 12k. The economy is starting to get out of hand, but this time it is the reverse from the production cities.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

Except there are no sell backs in EA Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite. So unless you can get another sim to buy it off you it is actually worth $0

G

With all the items the sims brought from other cities, i doubt buy backs will ever be brought into the game. Hmmm... maybe I should sell my 9 million fountains to a store so they can resell them... lol

R

Roger Wilco

Not going to quote your wall of text, just make a few points....

The dev's aren't interested in hearing anything that contradicts their views about how an in-game economy works. After five years of failure they should, but they aren't. The message they send both in game and on the boards is clear; Be a cheerleader, or shut up. You did get four gnomes for bugging them so props to you for that.

Anyway, I think most players are wrong about the EA simolean buyback program in that EA will indeed offer to buy simoleans at some point. This event, or the decision not to do it if I'm wrong, will be a key milestone in the EA-Land economy. <u>If they decide to buy simoleans back the rate will be so stupidly low that almost nobody will bother. If they decide to not buy them at all it sends an even clearer message.</u>

After EA sets this low price for buying them back, or drops the idea, the pent up simoleans waiting to be sold to EA will become available directly from player to player at rates inside the bounds of the official EA buy/sell spread. In other words, a lot more players will start saying “no thanks” to the official EA rates, and trade their simoleans more actively outside of the game, at rates better than EA of course. Even with the huge advantage of instantaneous and secure transactions the ATM machines will start becoming more and more irrelevant if the rates aren't in line with the fair market value of simoleans.

Although the dev's can make simoleans more or less valuable by tweaking payouts and costs, market forces determine what a simolean is worth, not EA setting some arbitrary numbers in an ATM machine.

And last, the reason they aren't sharing "the plan" is that they don't know what they are going to do. It's obvious they are winging it, and are adjusting payouts to counter the growing ratio of simoleans per account. Even their fattened sinks aren't soaking it up fast enough. Their original planned economy isn't working, and they're trying to figure out what to do next. Stay tuned for more bungling.

G

I think you are right about TSO buying back simoleans. This will give people a chance to sell off some extra money (Is there such a thing?) to make some real money. The exchange rate would be horrible but they would still offer it. Plus, this would give them that much simoleans to put back into the "pool" for others to make it. It would be a way for the cash in/cash out to start to work. I don't see this option happening too much due to the most likely low exchange rate given for this. $50,000 simoleans for 30 bucks would prolly translate into $10.00 bucks for the same $50,000 simoleans.

G

did u see how EA and Maxis are doing the merges secretly and only broadcasting to us when there almost done?

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

i never bought simoleans off of E-bay. It takes the fun out of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

To each his own, Duncan lol...
I have bought alot of TSO stuff off eBay over the years, including simoleans. It ADDS fun to my game. Having to pizza or code for a year just to afford stuff takes the fun OUT of my game. I miss being able to buy/acquire TSO items on eBay, since they no longer support auctions of virtual game items...

G

Absolutely correct.
To add or to differ just slightly, EA has to solve the problem if they want their plans with player made additions to the game to work. For this game to have people with the talents to add the type of custom content they are obviously looking for, the game needs to offer more than just the satisfaction of having made that content. The whole idea of the buyback is to achieve that and the more money that can be made by these people in the game the better it will work. What they are trying to do here is keep the TSO type game but also add a SL type game.
The idea is good and unique and can work, they just need to wake up they need to go a slightly different way about it.