• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

West Brit Bank Makeover

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be honest, it never even occurred to me to put a moongate near the bank, tho that would be really handy... perhaps someone put it in another design, we have just two entries posted here, and I'm sure there must have been others, they're just being shy

and Red Trammie did not come to my studio to pose for a rendering in stone.... ;)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
contest all done (again) so here's a link to all my entries, and yes, I sent each pic in a separate email :D

http://s557.photobucket.com/albums/ss18/DevilsOwnofLegends/

this is the explanation/description that went with each one.... all of the designs are very simple, the most important element being, I felt, the memorial...

All designs submitted by me are variations of the same basics... a lot more flowers, some signs of a thriving business inside the bank and a not too cluttered rooftop for those that like to recall onto the roof.

One thing you will find in all designs is a small memorial park for our Lady Phoenix. It is sometimes directly in front of the bank, other times up the road towards Brit Castle in that wide grassy area. In the event that the statue cannot
be dedicated to her memory, it should remain in the design since the friends of Legends will always know what and who it is for. I was unable to hue the statues, and would ask that they be done in the palest of marble.

Altho stairs are included in every design I would also like the lantern in the southeast corner to function as the bartop bottles in the Skara Brae Community Center do - click the lantern and you are transported to the ground.

I am a great fan of stacking, and if you look closely you'll see that many of the plants have been stacked. :)

Kurgan's HouseBuilder program was used to create the banks, and I'm concerned about the tall dark ornamental trees you'll see in some of the designs. When they get to the small wall on the second level they disappear into the wall (dang) and I don't know if that's a restriction of the program used or if they will do such in-game. If so, perhaps some smaller trees might do well there.

Thanks for looking!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been hanging around Cru too long, it seems.... that should be noted as the lantern in the southwest corner of the rooftop

bah..... . . . . .:eek:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
winners just posted ~~ either I came in second or they chose my second design :eek:

this means, dear Legends friends, that we will have permanent memorial for Lady Phoenix

and shoot, I just puddled up again...

B

Bara

I'm dying to see our new bank. I wonder when it will be implemented.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admire your tenacity, Lady Damia

It seems that ours was not the only bank left incomplete.... I just took a stroll over to Formosa to verify this since I've been seeing it in TheChololits siggy line forever and, yes, their bank was also unfinished in the very same manner as ours, first floor completed and roof untouched

you can see her completed roof here

and a post with her signature pic

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main reason for bumping this was a discussion in general chat. Some people thought it was done, what we had, was what was submitted. Some thought no one ever submitted a design for our bank.

We were talking about how pretty the other shards were, Luna and Brit banks in particular. We love Legends but we feel like we get left out of a lot of stuff.

I would have liked Dev to make a new design with craftable items. Have the people of Legends donate something a chair or table with their crafters name. If you don't craft then a flower planted in new magencia with your name. Have Dev gather them up, lay them out per her new design and have someone lock them down. That way Brit bank got finished by the people of legends. I would even donate crystal and corrupted portals since we don't have a gate at Brit bank like almost every other shard does.

EM Miko said no :(. But he did say he is still working on getting mesanna to come finish the original design, so there's still hope.