• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

West Brit Bank Makeover

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought I'd start a thread for people to swap ideas for the bank makeover and any requests that people would like to see added.

( for example, a phoenix statue on a pedestal? )

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is an awesome idea! Maybe we could even get a little sign commemorating it.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonderful Idea, a Phoenix statue, lots of benches, fountains flowers and trees scattered around. I have a feeling it would bring people back to Brit bank again. We'd have a pretty place to sit and mingle and be. Maybe swap a few stories, and remember our wonderful Lady Phoenix. Some one who's creative should do that and enter it.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Message from Draconi...... please please tell me someone submitted something for Legends

Brit Deco Contest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, a quick reminder for everyone participating:

Make sure you get your entries in before the deadline (January 18th). I understand how excited some of you are, and want to make your design absolutely perfect, but shards without entries will not receive a makeover.

Also, we've relaxed the submission guideline for size and image format - if you need more space to show off, please use it. If the image isn't JPEG, and is too large to send through email, please send us a link to a hosted copy so we can see it.

Thanks!

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - Lead Designer - Ultima Online - EA Mythic

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't heard of anyone on Legends submitting an entry yet. (which is another reason for the thread *prod* *prod*)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nervously notices a lack of posts of people stepping forward to say they have taken up this challenge*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have Vista

I'm not done screaming at Kurgan's HouseBuilder program (which is a fantastic! program on a regular Windows machine)

I'll get back to ya

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No neon plz :sad3:
you know me better than that

please, if anyone has suggestions, ideas ....... anything at all that over the years you would have liked to have at Brit bank, please let me know.... I am open to any and all ideas and suggestions

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anything at all that over the years you would have liked to have at Brit bank,
Scantily clad leather wearing female bankers?? HEY, ya said anything!
:blushing: :bowdown:

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scantily clad leather wearing female bankers?? HEY, ya said anything!
:blushing: :bowdown:
We had those back in the day :scholar: Just ask Omni and Sorc :hahaha:

They may not have been actual teller's but they would do anything to get thier hands on your gold.

S

snowolf1369

Hi to all,

While not new to UO, I am new to postings on stratics. My Char(s) are from the EverJest Co. Almost all characters you may run into during your journeys on Legends with the last name EverJest, well thats me, nice to meet you all.

I am answering the call to design a W. Britian Bank for the Legends Shard

I have attached my design for all to view and comment on.

Attachments

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice to meet you, too, snowolf1369!

I like the cannons on the roof :) but you need to check out some of the restrictions listed here and here

basically, if it doesn't highlight, it cannot be moved or removed... so, for instance, the chairs inside the bank can be removed or replaced, but tables cannot.... none of the walls can be changed or removed, either :( it's a challenge, alright! good news is, you can add things to your hearts content, so those cannons and stacked balls could easily go on the existing roof!

S

snowolf1369

Well then, I suppose I have more work to do -- How do i get a screen shot of bank so I know what can or cannot be used/moved? I will do my best to work within the required restrictions......

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I think I got away to get around this Uriah. We will just man the cannon's with scantilly clad females! :D

*runs from Dev* :lick:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well, they will probably need a couple of strong men around, to, well, I dunno nothing about cannons...
But I can help Cuda with em!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, while the bank is being redone and remodeled, there may be some security issues as well.

Just in case, I am offering my services to hold all y'alls rares, server births, checks over 500k, and regs for safekeeping at one of my houses
*grins*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you really need to change your mood from 'cynical' to 'sneaky'

S

snowolf1369

Ok -- still working on it -- will have something by the weekend's end -- just finished the actual bank layout using HB minus the sign (it does end up where it suppose to) ... all items have been removed except what cannot be removed and the roof is not done yet ...

Thanks for letting me know about the issues concerning contest ...

Attachments

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok -- still working on it -- will have something by the weekend's end -- just finished the actual bank layout using HB minus the sign (it does end up where it suppose to) ... all items have been removed except what cannot be removed and the roof is not done yet ...

Thanks for letting me know about the issues concerning contest ...
don't you just love Kurgan's HouseBuilder? :) you probably figured it out, but you can play with the z-axis and raise and lower things, might work with that sign... I haven't hung it yet, still trying to figure out some other things

and they lifted the restrictions on size.... if the end result is really huge, tho, they'll accept links to view it on something like Photobucket.. good news is, we're not restricted to 800x600 or whatever it was

S

snowolf1369

M'Lady -- yes it is a cool program, especially for a Vista user - lol
I did get the hang of it and its fairly simple to use, just have to really think ahead...

What you will see is a screenshot of each floor - even the roof -- comments are more than welcome and will be accepted in the manner given :)

I will most likely submit to Mythic on Sunday night -- good to all of us on Legends - and See you in Sorsaria

Attachments

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm ... I'm not so sure about the roof supplement - that'll block my runes :)

keep in mind that these additions will be an overlay of dynamic objects - I don't know how the SA client will handle them, but they murder KR in large numbers (Maginca ruins were pretty much instant death for my client before they cleaned up most of the rubble).

I like the little phoenix statue and the array of penates. Should there be more accounting books? hmm ... could red garland create a waiting line leading up to the tellers?

Give some thought to the courtyard in front of the bank as well - some benches and plants?

Overall, it looks like you're well on your way ... thank you from this one humble watcher for having the courage to take a crack at this for us :)

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now how am I going to be able to sit in stealth mode and watch the world go by from the roof? *cries*

All kidding aside, you are doing a fine job. Looks good.

Just need Zatrho,myself and Sorcon in his always afk mode on the roof somehow and that was the morning crew with the addition of Lady Chele to keep things stirred. :spider: Ahh Memories :sad4:

Thank you for your efforts on behalf of the Legends Community and to all that are working on this task :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope we all last long enough here to see the remodel done.
I mean, with Sosaria bein in such a turmoil and all, with invasions, the council being murdered, etc etc, how will we ever get approval on the financing of this project?

Not to mention, no mention yet of the environmental impact survey that has to be done, last time I checked there was a white spotted red mushroom growing in the lawn to the west, might possibly be one of the rare endangered species!!!

:p

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uriah..get yourself a good attorney and go for it! hmmm, wait, an attorney would drag this out into eternity, and they bill by the minute ya know.

Better yet, get yourself a good knee breaker...I think I saw somebody around named John Gotti.

S

snowolf1369

The design was submitted --- is there competition? best of luck to all who took this challenge.

I provided a very in-depth description of the design, most notably the commemorative Statue to Lady Phoenix - I did not have the pleasure of knowing her but, all seemed to view her in a fair light so I honored her in faith and design.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, that was kind of you to listen and acknowledge her : ) Good Luck to you.

N

NaKasha Saran

Just need Zatrho,myself and Sorcon in his always afk mode on the roof somehow and that was the morning crew with the addition of Lady Chele to keep things stirred. :spider: Ahh Memories :sad4:

*sigh* I miss Zath... I miss UO... I miss my computer! :sad2: I wish I could do a mock up of the bank too... dang computers! *mutter*

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a'right, somebody at least tell me it's not all that great, just so I know someone looked at it :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fully explained to them what those memorials were, and that if possible we would like the engraving to say so, but even if that were not an option we would know what it was

and I don't know the first darned thing about hueing things so also requested that the statues be made of the palest marble

in keeping with the pink tradition ;)

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice, exactly what we need. A place to sit and visit and fondly remember our dear Lady Phoenix. It would be nice to bring people back to Brit bank again. Great job!!!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you very much for the kind words

and best of luck to all who entered!

N

NaKasha Saran

That just absolutely thrills me. I can't wait to get a new computer and get back in game!!! I want to see that. I also can't wait to see the new update to Brit bank that'll hopefully revitalize it as the place to hang out.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should have painted tha bank pink...Im just saying.

We had those back in the day Just ask Omni and Sorc
Cuda, you know you loved us. :lick: