• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well, Ultimate Collector was fun!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like Ultimate Collector went through a revert this morning, just like they warned the game could, and they changed the handle from gamethree to ultimate_collector if you come across a URL error. I got to 1,900,000 gold and nearly found myself owner of the best plot gold can buy (2,500,000), and if I leveled up a bit more I maybe could have had enough cash saved up as well, haha. Pretty fun, but not something I'll do again--I mean, not in its Beta state, lol.

Things I liked:
- No pop-ups to invite friends or any of that nonsense like in the Sims Social.
- Good variety of house plots.
- Leveling system didn't feel like a grind.
- Generous amount of total energy, or actions in one sitting versus limited play of the Sims Social, and expandable based on current level rather than in-game promotions that cost microtransactions to complete.
- Just overall less evil than the Sims Social.
- Impressive concurrent quest system which Ultimate RPG will hopefully use.

Things I didn't like:
- Let's face it, it's a Facebook game. Every asset takes forever to load up and your browser has to gather all the information every time.
- Couldn't display movie posters on the wall like you would in real life. Everything else in game seemed fine to be in a display case of some sort.
- Great variety of items but variance wasn't too great at times. I bought three of the same shark tooth from one natural dig.
- Too much buyer variance, and not very realistic. Sometimes the would offer something like 11% over and sometimes over 200%, but never under market value. I assume the real game, or real market system, will be closer to a -50%/+50% range, which will make the game drag.
- Blocking the road with items seems weird but there's no restrictions against filling your plot up with pointless junk, in fact, you're encouraged to fill your plot with junk to get a higher property score. If you store items you lose property score. A game shouldn't penalize a user for keeping a clutter-free plot and the game would be better off if score is based on what is both present and stored.
- Buying new houses didn't account for the money you lost buying old plots; no point in buying a new house unless it's the best one since you don't get any kick-back sales from old house.

Pretty fun experimental game. Thanks to Stratics for interviewing RG about it all! I'll look forward to Ultimate RPG when that comes out :).

dswofford

Portalarium Team
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks G.v.P. Been awhile since I've been on the boards here. We've had several updates since you posted so I hope folks will jump back in if they've been away for awhile. Also we have a new Twitter handle for Ultimate Collector. It's @UC_GarageSale. If you are on Twitter, please follow us. We'll have a few promotions going soon for our Twitter followers.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd definitely encourage people to try the game out, and once the game is out of Beta I might take another look. The Beta wipe encouraged me to quit The Sims Social as well, haha. If I were to start one of the two back up, I would go with Ultimate Collector. :)

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I played it for about a month. But since I'm not a facebook aficionado I didn't have people visiting my sale nor did I visit others. So I worked it up to a fairly high level(I think) before I left for India for a month and forgot about it. For me it didn't offer much gaming. It's too much like running a store. You buy stuff to sell, put it out to be sold and wait for it to sell so you can buy more stuff to sell. For me it lacked the social element. It was fun but I think it wasn't diverse enough for me. Then I came home and couldn't remember the user name or password and the log in window wanted me to create a new account. Must be a whole different game if you've got lots of friends playing the game!