• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well, its bound to happen...

• Thread starter IAMTHEWHITERABIT
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

I see that there is an hugh increase in the number of valorite hammers on vendors. There can't be that many smiths getting the bod. So, how long before some of the stuff i bought goes bye bye and or i get banned. I haven't bought any hammers, but i did buy 3 orni's for 11 mill each off 3 diffrent vendors.

A

archite666

Cry about duppers, or come to Siege where there are none.

:)

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see that there is an hugh increase in the number of valorite hammers on vendors. There can't be that many smiths getting the bod. So, how long before some of the stuff i bought goes bye bye and or i get banned. I haven't bought any hammers, but i did buy 3 orni's for 11 mill each off 3 diffrent vendors.
Not sure of the shard you are on but I play on Sonoma and I have seen Orny's sell for about 15 mill on vendors so 11 mill is not that far off depending on the economy of your shard.

V

Vierna_GL

You think thats shocking, seems to have happened overnight, but in Luna on Great Lakes we now have 5 Item Bless Deeds ranging from 40-50 million each, all on different vendors of course.

O

Old Man of UO

Sooooo.... you are saying that you bought items that you either knew or highly suspected were duped and are now bragging about it? OR asking if you will get caught?

I just hope you don't post later that those ornis were turned into bracelets of binding or some such.

I

IAMTHEWHITERABIT

Sooooo.... you are saying that you bought items that you either knew or highly suspected were duped and are now bragging about it? OR asking if you will get caught?

I just hope you don't post later that those ornis were turned into bracelets of binding or some such.

The reason i am posting is cause I DON"T KNOW. The last round people called for some sort of method to detect dupes and once again here we are. Its just a matter of time. With all the runics popping up all over the place, I am not sure what is legit. EA didn't fix a darn thing last time.

By your comments I take it that you recommned not buying anything ever again form anyone who might sell something

O

Old Man of UO

By your comments I take it that you recommned not buying anything ever again form anyone who might sell something
That's not what I said at all.

You were introspecting that perhaps your goods were somehow not legit. What I was implying is that if you think perhaps they weren't legit, then don't buy it. If you do, don't go crying that it was deleted or you were banned.

Don't try to twist this into somehow justifying buying duped items. If you think it is wrong, it probably is.

L

Lore Master

I just put 6 Barbed kits on my vendors today all for just under 2 mil each lower then any i seen on my shard and no one is buying any of them at least yet. I wonder if people think they might be dupes because of how many i have i hope not i had the right bods in my bod books for months some years and i finally decided to fill them today because i need the gold. I am wondering if i should take some off. Dupers hurt us honest sellers too.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just put 6 Barbed kits on my vendors today all for just under 2 mil each lower then any i seen on my shard and no one is buying any of them at least yet. I wonder if people think they might be dupes because of how many i have i hope not i had the right bods in my bod books for months some years and i finally decided to fill them today because i need the gold. I am wondering if i should take some off. Dupers hurt us honest sellers too.
Naw...everyones favorite vendor site prolly has not updated yet and most folks know where there shards scripted bkit vendor is at. Once folks see that you have some for sale cheaper...they will swing by. Might take a day or two. That or you can always spam that you are selling them at your shards "business" bank.

M

Mattitracks

Question. Now I haven't played in many years but a "val hammer" is obviously an item. If I remember correctly the reason only gold and house deeds were duped when I played is because items have a specific item code and aside from those two items any other item duped would be easy for the GM team to detect, delete, and ban the person in possession. [Gold and Castle deeds could have their item id codes changed, hence making the detection of their dupes rather complicated] I guess it's safe the assume that there is a way to bypass this now or are the GMs just that uninterested in the matter?

Also, I can tell you that all because there is an influx of gold or [I guess now] items into the system that it doesn't mean that a dupe is currently working. It seems to me [Call me criminal minded?] that any smart duper would have made a huge amount of the item of their choice and held onto them. It would seem that this could benefit them in two ways, 1. Easier to escape detection. If sold at a time when no known active dupe is in progress I would venture a guess that banning him would be far more complicated. and 2. Items sold during a dupe would obviously be sold at the lowest price possible. By holding onto said items the prices would rise [Not to their original values but nonetheless rise] and said exploiter would then be able to make a much larger profit.

Thinking about it, it could even be a player who bought a large amount of this item from a duper during the time of it's active use and due to being a "respectable" business man decided to hold off on the sale of em.

I dunno, it very well might be a dupe. Than again from just a few moments of thought, I've come up with in my head many reasons for their existence. Granted all rely on an once active duplication exploit. =<

Ohh and WTF.. 11 million for one item?!? Damn now thats inflation..... I think this has to be the biggest single reason for me not to return to UO. I can only guess how long it would take to make the amount of gold needed to buy that which is now needed to play. Wow....

L

Lore Master

Naw...everyones favorite vendor site prolly has not updated yet and most folks know where there shards scripted bkit vendor is at. Once folks see that you have some for sale cheaper...they will swing by. Might take a day or two. That or you can always spam that you are selling them at your shards "business" bank.
My vendors wouldn't show up on the site i think your referring to i have an isloated vendor house in malas few ever come there unless i mark runes constantly anyway i marked a few hundred runes today no sales yet so i took a few barbed runic kits off my vendors for now hope i sell some i cant afford to hold them on my vendors considrering i have so little gold left.

O

Old Man of UO

Also, I can tell you that all because there is an influx of gold or [I guess now] items into the system that it doesn't mean that a dupe is currently working. It seems to me [Call me criminal minded?] that any smart duper would have made a huge amount of the item of their choice and held onto them. It would seem that this could benefit them in two ways, 1. Easier to escape detection. If sold at a time when no known active dupe is in progress I would venture a guess that banning him would be far more complicated. and 2. Items sold during a dupe would obviously be sold at the lowest price possible. By holding onto said items the prices would rise [Not to their original values but nonetheless rise] and said exploiter would then be able to make a much larger profit.
The easiest way to detect a dupe is the large number of any single item that should be rare. UO is really just one (well, maybe several) huge database. It can be searched and cataloged.

M

Mattitracks

I don't think you really understood my post. I understand perfectly what you said, but it's far more complicated than that if you ask me.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you really understood my post. I understand perfectly what you said, but it's far more complicated than that if you ask me.
The stuff out now is probably leftovers from the last big bout of duping. Character transfers made mass duping of items possible, because going from one shard to another would require the items you brought to have new numbers generated for them.

For val hammers, imagine you had a couple of filled val hammer bods, dupe enough times to get a few hundred, and you can turn them in over time. Same for Bkits of course.

Now there should be more ornys per shard simply because doom has changed to ToT style drops, but I'm sure there are still thousands of duped ornies in chests all over the place (along with hundreds of other rare items).

R

rajadeah

I personally believe there is an active dupe, but aside from that after reading the handful of threads on duped val runics and other dupes in the past few weeks, many are saying its left over duped stock thats flooding the game atm. If the left over stock is what we are seeing, that makes me wonder how does this duped stock go undetected by the devs? Its not like they can't scan the system cause they have done so in the past.

I recall a few years back when they did the large amounts of bans for the over sized checks, they claimed they scanned the system for them and many people who just had one or two of the checks just had the checks converted to normal checks, while others who had large amounts of the over sized checks were investigated. There were many people banned during this time, so basicly this proves they can scan for duped or illegal items and have done so in the past.

The big question is if this is left over duped stock, how are people hiding it? My guess is its all hiding on closed down trial 2 week accounts. All the people need to do is reopen those accounts whenever they are ready for this stuff and flood the market with their duped gold and items. So IMO what the Devs need to do is just flat out purge all closed down trial accounts from the system and in doing so I'm sure it will remove tons of ill gotten items from the game.

M

Mattitracks

The stuff out now is probably leftovers from the last big bout of duping. Character transfers made mass duping of items possible, because going from one shard to another would require the items you brought to have new numbers generated for them.

For val hammers, imagine you had a couple of filled val hammer bods, dupe enough times to get a few hundred, and you can turn them in over time. Same for Bkits of course.

Now there should be more ornys per shard simply because doom has changed to ToT style drops, but I'm sure there are still thousands of duped ornies in chests all over the place (along with hundreds of other rare items).
Thank you! It appears that you understand the English language. It's refreshing. Even though I have no clue what half of those things you mentioned are... That comes from not playing in 7+ years though.
Once again, I thank you.