• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well, it took me ~14 years but i finally did it.

Deadrat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gloory days of the orc are lone gone, the once proud tribe of Severed Headz and their town of evil, Nokhmaar, are but a fading memory. And so am i probably. Well attleast i doubht many know who i am in UO anymore. Anywya. I have played orc, among other things, but mostly orc, i was there in their glory days of pre renassiance, i was there in their downfall past renassiance and i was there for their resurections and downfalls again.

We used to have a town in grove of love (heartglen) called Nokhmaar, a place where forces of evil would gather and scheme about taking over the world! These meetings usually resaulted in the orcs telling everyone ellse how inferior they are to the orcs, which in turn usually ended up in arguments, which made the orcs go haywire and start war on the rest of the world, leading to more scheming and more wars, well you get the idea.

When the lands split in to 2 much of the rp community moved to tramell. Cant blame them, after years of having their events and doings ruined by greefers and "doods" it was a nice fealing to finally be "safe" (still orcs around so not realy safe he he). During the times leading to the expansion of the lands it became clear that the orcs should move aswell even though we loved our place in feluca, we wanted to go with the community. So we had to make a plan to move our town to the tram side grove of love (oh the irony in that name). One of those plans was my plan to slam down a keep or castle (what ever would fit) to secure the land for the orcs since we knew there would be a rush, we could allways demolish it later and place more houses.. or more likley make the castle /keep in to a fortress of even more superior orcness and evil. I even fired upp my own personal "server" just to train the placement of the building knowing full well that the terrain might be slightly diferent on the real shard. At the same time i was selling off stuff, sos, rares, my crafters worked overtime, trying to get enough gold to actually buy the buildings needed, none of uss were realy that rich and since we had multiple plans, we had to fund all of it somehow so i decided to fund my own idea myself. I failed. i didnt manage to get the gold needed untill about 2 months after rush day.

Placement day came, no orc managed to place anything in the grove, Spirritwood, deepwater, stonekeep, all of them had full or attleast parial succes in moving to Tram, but the orcs were stuck. This was the start of the downfall for the orcs in my opinion. We were still a popular enemy and a good clan but we had less and less visites to our Feluca territory and we lost more and more people to the saftey of tramell (again cant blame them) eventually the town became a ghost town and the few remaining orcs went back to the shadows biding their time. I still kept my dreem alive about placing that castle in that spot but i had to do like the orcs and bide my time.

A few days ago i finally did it. I managed to place the castle i wanted to place for the orcs so many years ago. I have had a keep in this location for some time now but there have been other houses blocking a castle. This sunday in the cover of, well nothing, i tore down the keep and replace it with a castle. To be honist, i had give upp hope of ever doing it before i managed to place the keep, the keep gave me a light of hope and roughly 6 months or so after i managed to place the keep, i could finlly take it to the last step. castle.JPG
I know this was a bit long (not more so than Escas political campaign though :p ) and hardly any of you would remember my name. But i wanted to share this with you anyway because, well just because i supose :) I want to keep the memory of the orcs, their town and allies alive, and i want to let all orcs know that you finally have a place to rest, in the location you all worked so hard for to try and get but ran out of luck so close to the finnish line.

Any orc current member of the active orc clan tag, or any of you oldies who were around pre and post renassianse are allways wellcome in the new nokhmaar castle of evil orcness (yeah it needs deco but.. time and frankly.. money he he).

HooooWaaaaH!! Bluud Fer Da Bluud Guud!! WAAAAAGH!!

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
congratulations!! funny; i could get a hand on my dreamcastle this week too:), it is in Spiritwood (tram, so call it New Spritwood). thanks to Agaroth! and btw i remember the Severed Headz and Nokhmaar :) that were great times

Haruchai

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great times that you recall, and I'm pleased that you finally secured the spot you wanted! I saw that the castle had gone up there, and hoped it was for someone who really valued it.

We Mongols used to war with the orcs of the Severed Headz in those long ago days. The guild rose again down near the or Dungeon, but they too have ridden into the sunset. I'll look by and maybe we can remember those times again - as long as you lot wash first!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean the original Black Gate is now gone from Nohkmarr? I ventured over to Nohkmar a year or two ago and had a look round for nostalgia's sake. Shame that all the old days are gone. I can remember visiting NOhkmar back in 2005?2004? anyhow there were FOUR Orcs there including a "red" PK Orc. Great memories.

Deadrat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The original location in Feluca are held by 2 friends of mine one of wich is the old warbozz so the "true" nokhmaar is held by people who should hold it :) They have held that spot for many years now, though the house designs have changed from the orc days.

There was a time when a "red" orc wasnt that uncommon. the majority was blue but since we demanded tribute of all tresspassers into the orc lands, many were not rp people and refused, leading to redness of orcs :)

Is any people still playing in spirritwood? Been passing by from time to time but the inn seems desertet and most buildigns dosnt seem to be owned by the "old" sw people.

So many greate memories, i made so many friends, even among the enemy of the orc, thanks to the RP community and its something that me and the old warbozz alften talk about when we meet upp for a pizza and a game of ASL or similar :)