• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well, it happened.

• Thread starter Bo Riddler
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bo Riddler

So heres how it worked, for two years I slowly advanced my characters through the levels, it was only recently that my Druid hit 70th. My first 70. Then a few days later, my Rogue dinged 70th. Now my Mage is nearing 67th.

But once they 70th ... I stop playing them. They each have a normal flying mount and an epic land mount and dust. Thats right, dust.

You see, my play style does not put me into pugs for instances. If I can't solo the dungeon, chances are I won't go in. So my 70's are nowing either farming herbs/ore or their waiting for WotLK.

I know, I should try pvp, I still haven't even entered a BG let alone teamed for an arena. And rep farming? I am trying that, in Nagrand on my Rogue, but come on, how many times does it take killing those Ogre's to get to Exalted? ugh.

My point? For my playstyle, once they hit 70, they semi-retire. I did finally enter/finish Ramparts. That is the only outlands dungeon I've seen. Perhaps I should make another alt. ugh.

Bo

G

You don't do raids? It's pretty neat and a whole new experience. I love the daily quests, they're pretty fun and I need the gold so I can eventually get an epic flying mount.

Speaking of, how the heck did you get the money for those without ever hitting 70???!!

G

HUh?

You're missing half the game!

Once my Hunter hit 70, it was a whole new world. Heroics, Raids, PVP, etc...

You will be so undergeared when the new expansion comes out. Give yourself a fighting chance and start getting keyed for Kara and start running Heroics. If not, then I say you are missing out on half the fun of the game.

People think the game ends at 70, to be honest it only really STARTS at 70.

E

Eldorian

If you're not planning on getting into Kara in the next month I'd probably hold off on getting keyed. Patch 2.4 you won't have to anymore.

G

Transfer over to the venture company horde side, join my guild. We can start doing the 70 stuff all together!

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you're not planning on getting into Kara in the next month I'd probably hold off on getting keyed. Patch 2.4 you won't have to anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected.

But it's nice to have the key. You will have to have SOMEONE in the raid group with a key.

B

Bo Riddler

<blockquote><hr>

I love the daily quests, they're pretty fun and I need the gold so I can eventually get an epic flying mount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, help! I'm such a bonehead I do not even know where to go to find these daily quests.

<blockquote><hr>

Speaking of, how the heck did you get the money for those without ever hitting 70???!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Quests and selling. I never buy off the AH. If I can't get it as a drop or quest reward, I'm not owning it. I couldn't even tell you what or where to get the Tiered things.

Mine/Herb/Sell in ah = several thousand gold for my characters. And none of my characters have entered shadowmoon valley yet. So I'm thinking I could get some more gold there.

I'm locked into a small group guild of about 8-10 active players, so we can't even get a raid started, I'd love to keep playing my 70's but don't know how to proceed. Should I research Kara then for what I need to get in there to clear it?

And a move of servers I might consider, thanks for the invite to yours A.

Bo

G

The daily quests start in Shatt once you hit 70. One starts next to the gryphon master in Shatt that will send you to the Skyguard daily quests eventually, and someone in the middle of the town will give you a quest to speak to Grok in the lower city, he directs you to an ogre in Blade's Edge.

You need to complete a few pretty tough quests that require a group (at least) to do, once you do that you are declared king or queen of the ogres, they are never aggressive to you again and you get to do daily quests for Ogri'la in the Blade's Edge Plateaus, and just north of there are some more Skyguard ones. They're very fun and 9-12 gold each, plus reputation.

L

Lord Abernathy

Try some BGs, Bo....

it's not all that different from killing NPC mobs actually. I used to never PVP, till one day I just decided to try a BG...it's not that bad. Try AV...it's 40 vs 40, just follow the crowd, that's what I did when i first did it, lol

D

DJTyrant

Grouping is really the only solid way to advance your character at 70, outside of crafted gear. You should really try to hook up with a group and get through some of the higher 5mans
. This is the best part of WoW imo, interacting with players and getting through a tough instance or raid.