• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Click on the "Main Index" link at the top of the page to see a list off all the Stratics forums.

I would guess the most commonly visited forums by the OSI staff would be this one, the New Releases forum, and the Ideas Den. But who knows?

Everyone is, of course, welcome to every forum we have.

B

Balthasor

Thanks for the welcome! Can I say I cheated and started on this message board about a month ago, because I found great help in the tamers forum. Now I wonder can I change my name to what it was on the old UO boards?

C

Cat'trina

Well, I'm here, but I'm not too happy about it.

I stopped going to stratics cuz it's so god damn slow and I really hate sitting there waiting for 10 years for the thread to load. I liked the community and atmosphere of the uo.com boards better as well.

Whenever stratics has been down we'd get stratics posters coming to uo.com and there was a lot of animosity between the two groups. I read a thread here where one of the mods wasn't very happy with us uo.com posters coming over.... So I can't say that I feel very welcome, but it's not like I have much choice eh? You all don't want us, we don't want to be here, but I guess we all have to deal.

So, I'm here, though I feel very lost and displaced.

V

Valorien

I still have that book you gave me at the halloween festival, Helios /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

H

Helios_OSI

<blockquote><hr>

I still have that book you gave me at the halloween festival, Helios

<hr></blockquote>

Better hold on to it... might be a rare one day. heheh

V

Valorien

Nah, easily forged. You should've written it in blue or something. I play on a different shard so I really have nowhere to put it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

unless I see a serious increase in dev team posts

<hr></blockquote>Frankly, I want the dev team 'dev'ing[/i], as opposed to spending all day answering the same &lt;self-censored&gt; messages/questions all day, most posted by people lacking the wit to search for an existing thread on the topic.

Use the 'OSI developer posts' link to see what the Dev team is posting. (pulldown menu in the upper RH corner of the page.)

M

_Marshall

I figured it wasn't fair to knock this place till I tried it. But I really can't deal with the 1 hour wait for the posts to appear :-/

G

Just wanted to say great job to the Stratics folks for dealing with the influx.
The boards haven't been slow at all for me and I don't get any popup ads unless I go to the main page first.
You Stratics mods have been very patient with the amount of complaining about your forums.
Kudos to you.

V

Victer Lopez

well as a former UO boardie I hope to make the most of this new home and hope OSI has an easier time keeping us updated.

L

LizzyT

*steps out of the shadows and clears her throat*
First, let me say a hearty welcome *smiles* to all the new and fresh faces to our forums. Consider them YOUR forums as well. I am not familiar with every board, but as for the ones I frequent, Stratics does have a family atmostphere, and we hope that many of you will join in like a new relative. We have our quarrels, but we are also fiercely protective and helpful to our own.

Molinaro, I will have to beat you up in the LA forum for that crack about a takeover. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif Firstly, there are A LOT of us over here, BUT if you can't play nice, no coffee for you! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Finally, I know this is a strain for many. You have been uprooted from your home and you are bitter. Rightly so. But...we didn't do it and we are doing our darndest to make you comfortable. We have scrambled to get blankies and pillows, and LA forum even installed a new cappuccino machine (thanks Crazy Joe!) so try and be gracious...sour grapes won't get anyone anywhere, and you can't enjoy yourself if you're looking for the bad in everything...
*smiles and hugs*
If anyone needs anything, please feel welcome to PM me. I would love to get to know you better /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

LizzyT

D

Dor of Sonoma

There are different "groups" of posters on Stratics...even as there are different moderators and forum atmospheres, depending upon which board that you frequent here. It's about as difficult to define the entire group here by the thoughtless post of one, as it is, to, well, define the entire group of uo.com regulars by a brace of flamers.

Having said that, rest assured that the mainstay of UO Stratics fora is the overall friendly, helpful and mature attitudes here. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Still, please bear in mind that there are some boards in this group that many of us regulars do not frequent, due to their, umm...slightly...well...more kriegspiel-type of atmospheres. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

(for instance: UO UHall and UO UHall OT are entirely unrelated :)

V

Vadin

*pours Helios a glass of tea*

Good to see you /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Hello Helios...
Good to see you. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

I still think it's tripe and a kick in the groin to the majority of MyUO posters.

B

BaldEagle

What I did was make my Control Panel my main link. Then I'm adding people to the address book, to see when they're on. Adding Forums to my favorites and adding posts I want to follow.

When you add forums to your favorites your control panal page sort of resembles the UOboards in that it tells you which forums have new posts.

Also when you select a thread to follow (add favorite to you control panel) you are notified on your control panal page if you get a reply by a little new icon.

Use this information as you will. Just trying to help out.

Take care,

C

cherub

oooooooooooooo! look at all of the mods and admins ! welcome! to the boards!.....

* makes fresh pot of coffee, tea, and puts out 45year old bottle of scotch.*

*lays out 5 dozen assorted doughnuts*

ahhhhhhhhh, *kickes back in chair* and *takes a sip of scotch*

L

LizzyT

*stares and laughs*
A "Cherub" kicking back drinking scotch!?!?
LOL
That made me smileIRL.

The cappuccino machines are in the LA forum, if anyone is interested.

W

whitefangs

sure, the dev team members who dev for a living should be dev'ing, but the ones who are there for community interaction should be interacting, and there are people who's jobs are community interaction.

L

Lord_Raynus

Forgot my password...but got it now...not a bad board /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

-ray

C

cherub

aye lizzyt, this cherub loves to sip on fine old scotch every now and again... only thing i have a problem with, is sitting back in this dang hard chair and my loin cloth riding up to high in the wrong place!........... ouch! ouch! ouch! ooooh! OUCH!

*pours samagee a glass of scotch, and throws the ice away..*

*shakes empty doughnut boxes for crumbs, and puts out 15 dozen more for new people*

V

ValdrykaGL

hey everyone /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

thanks Helios for the welcome. *looks around* scotch and doughnuts?!? hmmm maybe this is a pitch in thing.. *rummages thru backpack, finds ale and pretzels adds them to the table*

G

Welcome? WELCOME????? You have gotta be kidding me right? After what you guys have just pulled?

<blockquote><hr>

I'm Looking forward to interacting with everyone here!

<hr></blockquote>
oh goodie goodie how exciting. You can stop with all that smily crap.

now care to explain why the hell you couldn't do that on myUO? Thanks for destroying the community /php-bin/shared/images/icons/mad.gif

H

Hulon-Lyle

It did seem a little put on didn't it. Especially since he interacted about as often as a lawn ornament in the old boards.

G

If they have the time to go through the posts here and respond to them then they had the time on the myUO posts. Its as simple as that.

All of this is just a kick in the teeth to all of us that loved the community we had over at myUO.

G

Great job, you guys managed to pick the slowest message boards on the face of the earth. Congratulations!!

G

gunnerofpac

Gosh! without the boards, what use is UO.com going to be? I will miss it.

C

Chass

Ok I am here to spread hate and discontent (joke). So where do we sign up for the bashing room? Hm I got a new sig for peaches /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Something to say leave my kitties alone lol. OMG a red name posting.. DOH CALL 911 cardiac unit.... lol nice to see everyone.

(Reminds people it isnt polite to point unless the person is to stupid to live)

T

The_Judge

*flips Helios out of his lawn chair*

I was wondering where my char went. *streaches out* ahhhhhh stratics is relaxing... alot of time to relax while i wait for the boards to load....

C

Chass

ok here is a q since the reds seem so fond of posting over here (and yes I understand ye get to relax and cut up and etc). Are you going to answer the omg strains of q's that you started in lock downs aka Stickies on the myuo forum?

B

BA_Barrackas

'Ello /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

(I'm happy about the move to Stratics if only for that smiley, I think it's the best, smiley, evar!)

G

<blockquote><hr>

but jesus jumping christ on a pogo stick!

<hr></blockquote>

Whitefangs you do have a way with words. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

As for the rest, be careful what you wish for.....

G

Hail all..... Looking forward to some great things in the future. Hopefully this will get UO back to normal a little faster.

T

thelostone

well, the boards are slower then uo. i also find it hilarious they dump all this on stratics, the laggiest website ive ever been to, hell it doesnt even work half the time. i cant imagine how its gonna suck when all the uoers come here. oh, but maybe stratics get a nice payment for doing this and will beef up their servers, cqause if they are not gettign paid for doing uo's dirty work well..to each thier own.

T

thelostone

qoute: hope devs will be posting more

they will be postign as much as they did in uo, and probably evade all the real issues as they always do. this changes nothing but the server in which they feed us their loads.

R

ryoga2pchan

*reaches behind the bar at "The Nerf Pit" and pulls out a spoon and some nightshade*

Here yah go man. I knew sooner or later, for one reason or another, you'd be here, in the pit. You sound like you need something stronger than root.

*slaps the "Reserved for Brak* sign off of a stool, and slams down a pint of fermented mandarake*

Numb the pain my friend.

M

Mae1960

Hi..........ummm............Helios!!!

Heck, that doesn't even rhyme.

Welcome to Middle Earth. Just stay out of that forest over.................aggghhhh................................too late. =(

Well, you'll have to find your own way out. I have other places I need to be right now.

*Mae recalls to a strange location*

Cya later!

G

WOW, I like these forums, anytime they dont like what you say, your post gets deleted! Great job on the most F*&amp;(@#@&amp;@ move ever!!

L

Lord-Xanthor

Welcome Abord =) Sorry took so long in responding. My Firewall was blocking this section for some nutty reason. Hehe, looking forward to seeing everyone soon =)

Lord-Xanthor
Stratics IRC Event Operator
Stratics, the massive multiplayer IRC network!
http://www.stratics.com/
irc.stratics.com port 6667

Status
Not open for further replies.