• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome to the Stygian Abyss!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know many of you were exploring the Stygian Abyss Expansion yesterday and today. There's a very great deal of new content. I have seen a lot of good friends out and about. *smiles and waves* It's great to see everyone excited and having a good time.

Just for fun a few pictures we took on our own explorations.

Thank you to my good friend Bill Gates pictured above who gave me my first runes to the Royal City. They are out on my steps but I am going in the front door to explore on my own.

There are patch notes to read
that will help you.

Various rune libraries by now have books out. UHall has a very good walkthrough stickied at the top of the board.

That being said I urge you to walk through the front gates and explore every nook and cranny by walking before you cheat yourself of an opportunity to feel what it was like 12 years ago to explore a huge new world.

Well done Dev Team and Thank You! It's fabulous!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Bahaha, that was the best! :lol:

After a couple hours, I stop messing with puzzles and finally figure out how to access the abyss: collecting the acid, fighting the shadow, combining the keys.

Next, I plunge into the depths of the Abyss. I find the peerless and mini-champ areas, I accidentally stumble upon the fel champs, I get frozen/eaten by the Slasher (luckily, I had gift of life :p), I barely make it through the dungeon with my life and emerge in the tomb of Kings.

Clearly, no one's been in the tomb for a while: I'm completely surrounded. I have gargs casting on my, silver serpents poisoning me... Took me a good bit of fighting for my life until I finally found the teleporter, whereupon, at long last, I emerge in the city.

Overjoyed, I run north to the royal city. I pass folks placing their new homes and situating their vendors with new SA items. I pass the city's soulforge, surrounded by dozens of mules trying their hands at imbuing. I run to the castle - finally, a chance to meet the queen!

I run up stairway after stairway, through doors, under waterfalls, and just as I reach the top of the stairs - the cumulation of my efforts, the crowning jewel of my ventures and exploits - who should be sitting nonchalantly on the thrones of the royal city? None but Andrasta and Rod Fitzwell.

I pause...and then burst into laughter. Why it struck me funny, I do not know. I guess I'd just expected something different, lol.

Glad you two were such good sports about it and I love the screenshot! :lol: