• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome Interhoganites!

G

In a few minutes, Interhogan will have finished merging into EA-Land. At that point, we will be rebooting EA-Land.

Welcome, former Interhoganites! You are now EA-Landers.

G

Any more cities tonight, or trying to merge at least 1 more? Try doing 3 cities in 1 day if possible it will make things happen better? How long will EA be down for?

What's the chances of that ?

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

Any more cities tonight, or trying to merge at least 1 more? Try doing 3 cities in 1 day if possible it will make things happen better? How long will EA be down for?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's their home time!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's their home time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they are there 24/7 from what I was told! :p

S

Sean Kendrick

woot!

Why stop now Dev team?! You guys are on a roll!

G

<blockquote><hr>

woot!

Why stop now Dec team?! You guys are on a roll!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what i'm saying, they should do 3 a day, then all cities will be done by Sunday the latest or Monday next week! Keep it up you're on a roll!

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

woot!

Why stop now Dec team?! You guys are on a roll!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what i'm saying, they should do 3 a day, then all cities will be done by Sunday the latest or Monday next week! Keep it up you're on a roll!

[/ QUOTE ]

The next 2 cities are JP and MF

After then they need to move EA Land to the east coast servers to start the east coast cities merges.

And who knows how long it will take to move ea land.

G

I'm guessing the same time as the other cities, AV and them have been tested internally for moving with no problems, if they can do merges all night 1-2 hours to merge each city, they could get it done sooner!

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

I'm guessing the same time as the other cities, AV and them have been tested internally for moving with no problems, if they can do merges all night 1-2 hours to merge each city, they could get it done sooner!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the city merges.. the moving ealand from the west coast servers to east coast

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the city merges.. the moving ealand from the west coast servers to east coast

[/ QUOTE ]

That won't take long, I would think the moving of EA land from West Coast to East Coast, 1-2 hours Real Life time
just like the City merges

I

imported_LFancey

As a clarifying points

We started IH at 12:10 PM PST.
We merged about 1400 records from the IH database to the EA-Land database.
We expect EA-Land to be back online by 6:10 PM PST.
This is 6 hours to do IH.

Jolly Pines is 4 times as many records.

Other cities are even bigger than Jolly Pines.

Cheers,

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

EA-Land is coming back up now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Parizad@EA, any chance of a 3rd City being done tonight it's only 6pm there?

R

rookie

Give them a break, they are working on it as fast as they can. There is no need to rush it. Keep up the good work devs. We all appreciate it.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

As a clarifying points

We started IH at 12:10 PM PST.
We merged about 1400 records from the IH database to the EA-Land database.
We expect EA-Land to be back online by 6:10 PM PST.
This is 6 hours to do IH.

Jolly Pines is 4 times as many records.

Other cities are even bigger than Jolly Pines.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

So JP could take up 24 hours all by itself. They are working only as fast as the system lets them, don't expect this to get done overnight folks. this is a very time consuming process and not just a simple click of a button.

I

imported_Danny Dots

[quote
So JP could take up 24 hours all by itself. They are working only as fast as the system lets them, don't expect this to get done overnight folks. this is a very time consuming process and not just a simple click of a button.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i know nothing about computers, i picture it as them just dragging a huge folder into another huge folder and waiting for the files to transfer, lol. I'm a little shocked and very happy that the merges have gotten this far already

G

<blockquote><hr>

haha i know nothing about computers, i picture it as them just dragging a huge folder into another huge folder and waiting for the files to transfer, lol. I'm a little shocked and very happy that the merges have gotten this far already

[/ QUOTE ]It might be that simple, though I've a funny feeling the game servers aren't running Windows; they're probably running UNIX or VMS or something like that, with nothing more than a command-line shell to work with.

One thing I do know is that the database being merged to cannot be live during the merge, hence why EA-Land has to be offline for the merges.

I

imported_LFancey

Not so simple as drag a folder and wait for it to copy. There are more parts than this but you can think of the game as three seperate parts to keep it simple.

There is the Client application (This runs on your computers)

There is the Server application (This runs on 10-20+ of our computers for a single city, plus various other computers but you get the point).

There is the Database (This runs on yet more computers and is the "information" that makes up all aspects of the city, for example: Where is a lot? What is on a lot? How is that lot positioned? What does the map look like? Who are the roommates? What do the rooommates own? These are but a few examples of 1000's of reords that comprise each lot and each avatar.) It is in fact the database that determines the city. It is not quite this simple but we can for example make our internal test city(s) look just like EA-Land by simply connecting it to EA-Lands databse.

The Client and Server application is simple to move around we do this every week when we update. Some weeks we are faster/better than others.

The delay in merges was in some part due to the time it takes to "Merge" the data from one city database into the EA-Land database. We worked on the problem so that EA-Land does "NOT" need to be offline for this to happen. It only requires a quick restart once the merge scripts have completed.

Before you ask, yes we are running JP merges now and they will take awhile.

Cheers,
Lee

I

imported_Danny Dots

yay JP

thanks for the info, it was pretty informative. its nice to know how things are done sometimes, lol.

I

imported_gensi

<blockquote><hr>

Cheers,
Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Chug, chug, chug.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We worked on the problem so that EA-Land does "NOT" need to be offline for this to happen. It only requires a quick restart once the merge scripts have completed.

[/ QUOTE ]I stand very corrected then.

Thank you for the explanation.

I

imported_SimTripps

Hip hip hooray! The merges are happening!!!

By the way, MonkeyB..... your siggie ROFLMAO!!!!!! lol..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not so simple as drag a folder and wait for it to copy. There are more parts than this but you can think of the game as three seperate parts to keep it simple.

There is the Client application (This runs on your computers)

There is the Server application (This runs on 10-20+ of our computers for a single city, plus various other computers but you get the point).

There is the Database (This runs on yet more computers and is the "information" that makes up all aspects of the city, for example: Where is a lot? What is on a lot? How is that lot positioned? What does the map look like? Who are the roommates? What do the rooommates own? These are but a few examples of 1000's of reords that comprise each lot and each avatar.) It is in fact the database that determines the city. It is not quite this simple but we can for example make our internal test city(s) look just like EA-Land by simply connecting it to EA-Lands databse.

The Client and Server application is simple to move around we do this every week when we update. Some weeks we are faster/better than others.

The delay in merges was in some part due to the time it takes to "Merge" the data from one city database into the EA-Land database. We worked on the problem so that EA-Land does "NOT" need to be offline for this to happen. It only requires a quick restart once the merge scripts have completed.

Cheers,
Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on getting JP started at 09:57 PM PST time last night Lee, We are all backing you guys 100% and we all know it will take some time to transfer all the cities even ea-land! Hope things go well today, I won't be able to hear anything about the merge until 11pm my time because I'm working!

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

In a few minutes, Interhogan will have finished merging into EA-Land. At that point, we will be rebooting EA-Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

YAY!! I'm home and everything is perfect!!!
Trees, possessions, house, all in tact!!!

Thank you so much Devs, you rock!!!

Cat.

G

Well with JP on the run now, What are the next 2 west coast cities left before ea-land gets transfered?

I

imported_Dane1980

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We prefer the term Interhooligans.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It's their home time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they are there 24/7 from what I was told! :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know who told you that, but Devs are in no way obligated to be around 24/7. The fact that they *have* spent wee hours some mornings working on things is a perk to us players, NOT an entitlement, so don't get used to it thinking that it is.

G

Oooh goodie I have a sim in JP.
I guess this is a good reason for you to be an FFL'er.

And its really awesome these merges are moving right along.

Hi Danny Dots

G

My JP sims shows on search in EA-Land but not accessible yet.

So far so good

And congrats on the successful merge of IH, can't wait until they are all completed. It will be really nice getting reacquainted with sims that I'd forgotten I have !

Polly

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

My JP sims shows on search in EA-Land but not accessible yet.

So far so good

And congrats on the successful merge of IH, can't wait until they are all completed. It will be really nice getting reacquainted with sims that I'd forgotten I have !

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Great news Polly!

Hopfully tomorrow MF will merge, a nice small city so it wouldn't take too long.

Then roll on moving ea land to the east coast

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sorry, but - without Trish, you cannot be Interhooligans. Drag her back into this game (kicking and screaming if you have to), and you can have that title back.

T

TrinityDivine

I am a former TSO subscriber and had a character in Interhogan. I am able to login to EA-Land but I don't see my old toon on the character selection screen. Is there anything I need to do to get it transferred or has it been purged?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am a former TSO subscriber and had a character in Interhogan. I am able to login to EA-Land but I don't see my old toon on the character selection screen. Is there anything I need to do to get it transferred or has it been purged?

[/ QUOTE ]If more than ninety days has passed since you last paid the monthly subscription fee, then I'm afraid your old sims are no more.

There's a bit of good news, however: If you create a new sim now, he or she will have all the skill locks and other goodies your old sims would have had when the amnesty program is run next month.

T

TrinityDivine

Thank you for the quick reply, Katheryne!

It's been over a year at least since I last canceled my sub so I guess my founder's simmy is gone forever.

I

imported_Danny Dots

no, i believe they will be giving founders their simmies back

G

It wouldn't be right without Simball, either!

Nice siggy, by the way.

I

imported_Renee TSO

Thank you for a job well done! My sim has made it, unharmed and with all her stuff, safely! Im still shocked that this happened so quickly and smoothly so i thought i would drop a thank you note to all of you. Im so happy to have my IH sim back!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm sorry, but - without Trish, you cannot be Interhooligans. Drag her back into this game (kicking and screaming if you have to), and you can have that title back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems she can be bribed if in addition to amnesty she also gets back her 26 trees. Can we take up a collection before the 8th?

&lt;-----Interhooligan for life. Dane do you still have that pic of us in toontown in front of the hooligan pub?

I forgot to mention how distressed I am to not be able to get in game to welcome my little hooligan to her new home.

G

For Niki:

My actual picture focused on the bears and you can't see the name of the pub but I still had the siggy I made!

KC made it from IH just fine, a few pieces of furniture out of order but nothing seems to be missing. I'm glad to have her there now
Thanks guys and gals.

G

Doh! I totally forgot about the siggies, not being a McBurp of course and totally ripped out of the family picture for being Gold E Locks instead.

Thanks for the pic! Tis proof that we are Hooligans no matter where you find us.

I

imported_CherryBomb

Well, this sure was a pleasant surprise! I was busy on something else for a week and just logged back in today. And yes, I am and always will be an Interhooligan.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry, but - without Trish, you cannot be Interhooligans. Drag her back into this game (kicking and screaming if you have to), and you can have that title back.

[/ QUOTE ] If that's true, then the same can be said about Mr E. And since that's even more unlikely..

<blockquote><hr>

It seems she can be bribed if in addition to amnesty she also gets back her 26 trees. Can we take up a collection before the 8th?

&lt;-----Interhooligan for life.

[/ QUOTE ]You failed to mention the other parts, such as getting my deleted sims back.. and the other thing I can't mention here.

Though, I DID download the new client and popped into TC3 for a smidge last week..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Though, I DID download the new client and popped into TC3 for a smidge last week..

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a start...now try out EA Land...

H

Heidi14663

Thank you so very happy to be here!

Warmest regards,
Heidi Kiss of Kiss's Career Corner..
Earn a living, Earn some friends!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*methinks I need to cut back on my caffeine