• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you everyone for your extreme patience as we migrated the sites to their new servers!

If you find anything out of the ordinary, please post a link and explain here in this thread and I'll look into it asap.

The sites might be a smidgin slow as the new servers cache up files for display. This is a necessary evil and something we are aware of.

So glad to get everything back up and online!

Known Issues
  1. Creating Posts/Threads function not refreshing
  2. Posts/Threads upon input multiplying
  3. Search not functioning
All three issues are related to the Enhanced Search functionality of our forums. When we migrated, we found we needed to upgrade the functionality to suite the new environment. We are working on this and will update when fixed.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  1. Tapatalk not working - FIXED (edited with TApatalk)

We had to change some setting and update the plugin files. Working on this right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  1. Facebook Integration - FIXED
Using Facebook for logging in is malfunctioning. This is recognized and will have this taken care of in the next 24 hours. Thanks!

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great to see everything up and running again! Thank you to everyone who helped bring the site back to life :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an issue or two where posts tried to double apply themselves and deleting one of them seemed to inform me that I did not have the authority to clean up my own mess.

Looks like the action behaved as intended eventually. I run on Firefox.

GasaiYuno

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just an issue or two where posts tried to double apply themselves and deleting one of them seemed to inform me that I did not have the authority to clean up my own mess.

Looks like the action behaved as intended eventually. I run on Firefox.
I think this was an issue before the shut down.

Did this to me too before I'm assuming a mod saw it as I tried to delete it myself? I'm not sure. I also use FireFox.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i seem to be having a search function issue.... nothing is returned.... indicates an error. thanks

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Tried posting in Ultima Online/Trading forums, kept saying wait 10 seconds when trying to post thread, also wouldnt let me upload image, kept saying error

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i think... Xavier - is for some reason it is posting you twice... reload the trade forum page and see if your post is really there... (not a fix; but at least your thread is posted hopefully)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks folks!

There is an issue with the search functions as well as indexing. Since indexing occurs when the post is made, and indexing is not quite working right, posts are sometimes duplicated.

We are working on this right now - thanks for all your patience!

eth777

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just found out that the Create Thread button doesn't take you away from your message. and I managed to dump 4 duplicate threads into traders hall. Not sure if it's always been that way, maybe I'm just twitchy.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ip address needs to be updated with tapatalk. Can't find the forums anymore.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Posting for a facebook community member: cannot post on the forum that you asked me to post via problems because I cannot login via facebook... I get this... "Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains." - Sadly, no idea how to log in other than facebook...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not impressed all the links I had for the forums and posts stopped working.... seems that at some point yesterday, you also changed the forum addresses! The links for http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-europa.51/ for example no longer work (which also means all the links on the pull-down menu at http://uo2.stratics.com/ also don't work!), the new address format seems to be http://community.stratics.com/forums/uo-europa.51/ but there does not look to be any redirect to catch those older bookmarks....

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Aurelius

The native configurations for the forum is to be treated as a subdomain - and our tech followed those configurations.

We did set up the redirects, but it kept looping and causing even more issues (forums would error out, server would close connection in the middle of sessions).

I'm working with our tech to establish another way to redirect, but it is not looking promising. :( I'll let everyone know.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I still get this

Where did the forums go?! also with your link

If I ping Stratic.com, I get
C:\Users\Freja>ping stratics.com
Pinger stratics.com [198.176.28.24] med 32 byte data:
Svar fra 198.176.28.24: byte=32 tid=135ms TTL=37
Ping-statistikker for 198.176.28.24:
Pakker: Sendt = 4, modtaget = 4, tabt = 0 (0% tab),
Beregnet tid for rundtur i millisekunder:
Minimum = 135ms, Maksimum = 135ms, Gennemsnitlig = 135ms

That's wrong IP

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you're still resolving to the old server.

you've cleared out your caches & cookies, right?

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested it myself, but really posting for a friend:

The password reset emails are not being sent. We are not able to recover an account's password.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
you're still resolving to the old server.

you've cleared out your caches & cookies, right?
Yes, it is not about my cash and cookies, I have cleared that several times.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Tapatalk is working :)
Thanks everyone for your patience!

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am writing this on tapatalk because the browser on my desktop can no longer find the boards. Earlier I had to clear my cache and I was able to locate the UO forums but I posted a reply to a thread and was redirected to "Oops! That page can't be found."' Tried clearing cache again but all links to the forums for me are dead at this point.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm thinking the funkiness is related to the caching/indexing. finally got some services up and running and will be tweaking setting now in the forum to match our new environment. will update.
Thank!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
making new sticky thread for issues. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.