• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome Back, Avatar

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is something I am missing, obviously. I'm not putting the call out to my old guildies until I know the thing is going to work as expected.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Woo! finally a real advertisement! Thank you Broadsword :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Avatar was a blacksmith in the ad? I don't get it.
The blacksmithing thing was part of one of the original advertisements for UO in 1997 if it's the one I'm thinking of, so the ad is basically targeting players from pre-trammel hoping they will want to re-live their memories with RTB. If ya notice, the skill gain went to 100.0 , which was the original cap on skills instead of 120.0. Back then blacksmithing was by far the #1 most sought after skill since they were the only one's who could make valuable GM armor.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interesting history lesson, thanks. I was thinking of the Avatar as more a warrior than a crafter, going back not only pre-Trammel but pre-UO to the Ultima series.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With the title of Welcome Back, Avatar, I thought it was more to do with the movie Avatar. Poor choice of words me thinks

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Mr. Moriaty, that is an EXCELLENT choice of words, if you know the Ultima-history. Avatar is one of the keywords of more than 25 years of RP-history and it was coined by Lord British. In Ultima Offline you have been greeted with the words "Welcome Avatar" everywhere. So, true connoisseurs are happy about this choice of words, because it reflects the very essence of the game ;-)

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The blacksmithing thing was part of one of the original advertisements for UO in 1997 if it's the one I'm thinking of, so the ad is basically targeting players from pre-trammel hoping they will want to re-live their memories with RTB. If ya notice, the skill gain went to 100.0 , which was the original cap on skills instead of 120.0. Back then blacksmithing was by far the #1 most sought after skill since they were the only one's who could make valuable GM armor.
Good idea but RtB only goes back 3 years I read here on Stratics. Surely at least one of my older accounts can't be bothered to become active.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heheh, nice little add. Title of the video is brilliant. I can imagine it awakens something that has slept for a long time inside..well, few people. ;p

I'd like it well if this song actually played in UO once more..

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it seems that they aren't welcoming back ALL the avatars if they are restricting RTB to the last 3 years. o_O Pity...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet, its because of the Account Management System...