• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weird Things that Terrify Me

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Things that are "beloved" by normal folks that drive you crazy. Like some people don't like clowns.

For example mine is "Oompa Loompas" dude. My hell is a room full of them and cockroaches.

Anyone else have one?

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a child/young adult, I would have nightmares of being in a sewer/water system and be swept over into a deep hole. I am still afraid to enter caves even when they well lit...the feeling of impending Doom overcomes me! <shiver>

TQQdles™

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used to have a weird nightmare where I was in a deep swimming pool, then all the water dissapearred, leaving me trapped at the bottom of it unable to climb out forever. still get a weird feeling looking at pools today.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Being trapped in a room with the people from SNL while they convince each other that a skit is funny.. I think everyone fears that though.

snl_nope.png
Something that freaks me out (a little more personal) though is humans.

typical_human.png

and thinking about it.. this freaks me out too..

and

freaks me out pretty good. Meow.

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I won't sleep on a bed anymore every time I lay down on a bed 5 or so minutes go by animal ghost jumps up onto the bed starts walking ( you can feel the impressions of the paws moving on the mattress) When this thing gets by your back it circles then lays down. So now you all know yes I'm terrified of beds.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well now @Sauteed Onion is at the top of my list of what FREAKS ME OUT (seriously, what is wrong with you???) :D

Also, yes, #pigseathoomans! @Taylor, thanks for terrorizing me with all of those horrible videos and no one knows this but I will not drive under a train on an overpass. Won't. do. it. nope. nope. nope. All cars behind me be damned.

Rayden

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Aliens.

Earth isn't the only planet in the universe with life on it, that's just statisticly impossible.
"In 2011 NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and based on observations from the Kepler Mission is that about "1.4 to 2.7 percent" of all sun-like stars are expected to have earthlike planets "within the habitable zones of their stars". This means there are "two billion" of them in our own Milky Way galaxy alone and assuming that all galaxies have a similar number as the Milky Way, in the 50 billion galaxies in the observable universe there may be as many as a hundred quintillion." Source

No, that doesn't mean I believe in little grey humanoids abducting people for anal probing. :)
But at some point in the future we will find extraterrestrial life, or they will find us. It could happen tomorrow, it could happen in the year 3014, or anywhere in between. If they find us, it means they are more advanced then we are, and if they turn out to be hostile, I doubt that's a war we could win.

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've been here a while Taylor. Different species can look like humans and some just cloak themselves. Humans are way too violent for first contact at this time...your species are willing to kill millions of your own kind for a single person's power/dominion over the rest. Now take that mindset into the galaxy... Those who humans encounter will either be predator or prey in your minds... no shades of grey. So we just keep tab of your evolutionary progress and hope you don't destroy this planet...where else would we find a good Mojito? -)

Back to on topic...

I also have an aversion to bugs who are not afraid of me...like those little roaming spiders who, when confronted, rear back on their hind legs and present their forward legs like twin sabres! Or bugs who purposely crawl/fly directly towards you...even after you shoo them away. On the other hand, I admire lizards who see humans as occupying THEIR space...especially sidewalks/walkways, tree stumps, or rocks...any place it is warm! -)

TQQdles™

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't realize Gargamel was an alien, @Noldor! Brickn hale! :eyes:

Ugh, was dreading the mention of the S word. Now that it's out there, okay, yeah. If that's too random to make sense, good. :coco:

Rayden

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Keep in mind, if those robots have the same male/female ratio that our human users have, there are a few that might look like this:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I see your robot and raise you ten fingernails.